Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Patch 3.5 Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VAGRANTVIRUS

05-05-2013

Quote:
Trazz:
Did you guys forget to include that Udyr's Tiger Stance deals physical damage now?

Even though I love to play as Udyr, even I have to admit that the mana regen was too strong because I used to stack mana and mana regen heavy so I would never need the Golem mana buff and essentially go wherever I want without ever really needing to go jungle unless I really needed the xtra gold for something. They should have just removed the mana buff which they did and I'm cool with that but Riot is messing up for the simple fact that they are not adhering to the background and representative nature of Udyr and his abilities. Example::::Monkeys agility should grant a lower attk speed and movement speed bonus while granting a certain percentage of tenacity when and while remaining at 3 stacks.
Example::::Tiger stance should just remove the extra dmg per hit and only grant it when the initial attk speed/rend move is activated and expires after the temporary attk speed is gone as well leaving you with just normal attk dmg and a persistent attk speed while in stance so that the majority attk speed comes just from the initial activation with the increased dmg in duration with it.
Example::::Turtle stance should just grant you a shield and life steal equal to a percentage of the damage dealt. Simple for this stance.
Example::::Bear stance will remain the same.
Example::::Pheonix stance...LOLOLOL this move is trash and is good for minions but essentially useless as there are low cost aoe dmg items that can easily replace the function of this ability. I recommend that Riot do something with this stance and get creative because it is the most trash move that Udyr has and they didn't really change it too much..or at least not enough for me to notice because it's really useless. So it makes me that much more upset that they nerfed just about everything else ability wise and item wise that Udyr uses and they still have the trash Pheonix stance just for the sake of having a 4th ability.

VAGRANTVIRUS

05-05-2013

Quote:
Litonel BP:
Welcome to the club idiot, you are not better than anyone here.

Nice nick proves how grow up u are etc. Emo get our of the closet. You are just fake.

hehehehe

VAGRANTVIRUS

05-05-2013

Quote:
MisterGrog:
Well, he lost the Turtle mana restore but at least all his mana costs went down to compensate. And mana items like Sheen and Iceborn Gauntlet (which work very well with Udyr already) are now even more attractive on him.

Personally, the Phoenix change I'm interested in isn't the changes to AP (I don't really think it makes much difference tbh), but that it now procs on the first hit, which is a lot more convenient.

Turtle can crit now; so have you thought of buying Statikk Shiv, to turn him into an amazing pushing machine? You could build Shiv and not waste the crit while you're in Turtle stance. You can swap between Turtle and Phoenix nonstop while pushing and stay at high health while grinding down minions thanks to the combination of Phoenix fire and Shiv lightning.

Lastly the buffs to Bear stance are just what Udyr needed. Ignore unit collision solves the problem of minion block, and the mini-dash is helpful for catching enemies. Glad to see that mobility creep is being looked at.

Even though I love to play as Udyr, even I have to admit that the mana regen was too strong because I used to stack mana and mana regen heavy so I would never need the Golem mana buff and essentially go wherever I want without ever really needing to go jungle unless I really needed the xtra gold for something. They should have just removed the mana buff which they did and I'm cool with that but Riot is messing up for the simple fact that they are not adhering to the background and representative nature of Udyr and his abilities. Example::::Monkeys agility should grant a lower attk speed and movement speed bonus while granting a certain percentage of tenacity when and while remaining at 3 stacks.
Example::::Tiger stance should just remove the extra dmg per hit and only grant it when the initial attk speed/rend move is activated and expires after the temporary attk speed is gone as well leaving you with just normal attk dmg and a persistent attk speed while in stance so that the majority attk speed comes just from the initial activation with the increased dmg in duration with it.
Example::::Turtle stance should just grant you a shield and life steal equal to a percentage of the damage dealt. Simple for this stance.
Example::::Pheonix stance...LOLOLOL this move is trash and is good for minions but essentially useless as there are low cost aoe dmg items that can easily replace the function of this ability. I recommend that Riot do something with this stance and get creative because it is the most trash move that Udyr has and they didn't really change it too much..or at least not enough for me to notice because it's really useless unless they change it so that attackers receive fire dmg from hitting Udyr in Pheonix stance so that it might be a lot more useful somehow because currently it serves me no purpose in battle. So it makes me that much more upset that they nerfed just about everything else ability wise and item wise that Udyr uses and they still have the trash Pheonix stance just for the sake of having a 4th ability.

VAGRANTVIRUS

05-05-2013

Quote:
Honor333:
i saw udyr changes and i got excited! ... but then i realized that riot thinks he can actually lane and got somewhat nerfed as well

udyr being immovable in lane? really? when does that happen? when can he actually lane? ive noticed its only against melee only heroes with 0 range just like him, and he still has trouble. the bear stance change MIGHT help, but i doubt enough to make him lane viably

rethink you udyr actions, like increase his ap ratio on shield a bit, add the mana back into turtle, but at lower % than previous and he might be alright in lane...

kass is now the only hero (and no items) with mana gain on hit now, that i can think of anyway

Example::::Pheonix stance...LOLOLOL this move is trash and is good for minions but essentially useless as there are low cost aoe dmg items that can easily replace the function of this ability. I recommend that Riot do something with this stance and get creative because it is the most trash move that Udyr has and they didn't really change it too much..or at least not enough for me to notice because it's really useless unless they change it so that attackers receive fire dmg from hitting Udyr in Pheonix stance so that it might be a lot more useful somehow because currently it serves me no purpose in battle. So it makes me that much more upset that they nerfed just about everything else ability wise and item wise that Udyr uses and they still have the trash Pheonix stance just for the sake of having a 4th ability.

VAGRANTVIRUS

05-05-2013

Quote:
zzuit:
plesently surprised to see riot didn't nerf udyr to hell
i don't play him but it seems like a good balance

If you have really played Udyr before the recent changes to him then you would know that it isn't a good balance. Even though I love to play as Udyr, even I have to admit that the mana regen was too strong because I used to stack mana and mana regen heavy so I would never need the Golem mana buff and essentially go wherever I want without ever really needing to go jungle unless I really needed the xtra gold for something. They should have just removed the mana buff which they did and I'm cool with that but Riot is messing up for the simple fact that they are not adhering to the background and representative nature of Udyr and his abilities. Example::::Monkeys agility should grant a lower attk speed and movement speed bonus while granting a certain percentage of tenacity when and while remaining at 3 stacks.

VAGRANTVIRUS

05-05-2013

Quote:
Dunk Wreckard:
Goodnight sweet Udyr.

I'm just hibernating bro....watch out when I come out cuz my tiga smacks will be just as fast but much more heavier....the beauty of hibernation lol.

VAGRANTVIRUS

05-05-2013

Quote:
Granite Hawk:
As a long time Udyr player, I'm glad to see him getting some attention. That being said, I think the mana cut has made it significantly more difficult for him to lane vs a ranged champion (and he already had problems doing it in the first place...).

I think these changes will help him get back to how he used to be (a melee-shredding large man wearing animal skins that stands out just enough for the enemy team to focus him first) but I'll reserve judgement until I see how the collision effect removal works out. Pathing has been my biggest issue with him to date.

But, on behalf of just about every Udyr player out there, I'd like to say thank you Riot for finally doing something other than straight up nerfing him. Now we just need a skin that doesn't look like a paper bag or a chicken on crack.

- Granite Hawk

VAGRANTVIRUS

05-05-2013

Quote:
Cattington III:
any news on the all the lagginess there's been lately?

Yea there has been a lot of lagfare going on lol but it's all good all I have to do is adjust my timing to the lag algorithm.