AP Mid Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoloAPMid

04-11-2013

I only play AP Mid champions and I'm unsure of what runes to buy. I was thinking all Scaling AP runes, but that seems kind of stupid when I thought abou it. My most played champions would probably be Katarina and Anivia.

Thanks.

Tim Allen Talon

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloAPMid View Post
I only play AP Mid champions and I'm unsure of what runes to buy. I was thinking all Scaling AP runes, but that seems kind of stupid when I thought abou it. My most played champions would probably be Katarina and Anivia.

Thanks.
mpen reds
armor yellows/ health yellows
mr blues/ ap blues
ap quints/ ms quints

for kat

idk bout anivia tho

And the ms quints sound odd, but if your facing a skillshot champ like ahri, zigs they come in handy sense no one really starts boots anymore

Slavyzzz

04-11-2013

I use flat ap quints
mana regen per level yellows
mpen reds
and ap per level blues

Nightwhite3

04-12-2013

AP quints, magic pen reds, scaling mana regen yellows, scaling or flat ap blues.
I use this on all ap mids but it was originally made for Lux.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2013

I have 6 Pages for all my APCS. Yeah...

1.) AP Vs AD
Reds: Magic Pen(Always Magic Pen)
Blues: Magic Pen
Quints: Flat Ability Power(Or Magic Pen)
Yellows: Flat Armor

2.) AP Vs AP
Blues: Flat Magic Resist
Yellows: Flat Magic Resist

3.) AP Vs AP Burst
Quints: Flat Magic Resist
Yellows: Flat Magic Resit

4.) AP Vs Ad Burst:
Blues: Magic Pen
Quints: Flat Armor

5.) AP Burst Mid
Blues: Flat Ability Power(Or Magic Pen)
Quints: Flat Ability Power(No Magic pen)
Yellows: Flat Magic Resist/Health Per Level(I keep switching them out)

6.) AP VS AP And AD Ganker(Lee Sin, Shaco, etc)

Explaination: Mid is my second best role, I specialize in it. Jungling is my first, and I have just as many pages for it.

You want to win your lane and win it hard. You can buy most stats in the game, but you cannot buy gold from winning your lane. This is why I have so many pages. Generally I will use the last one in blind pick because I don't know who I'm going against.

As far as Ability Power Vs. Magic Pen, it depends on the champion/your personal preference. Magic Pen doesn't help you do damage to minions and can make it slightly harder to clear waves. I've gotten accustomed to clearing waves without Ability Power Runes and I take Magic Pen instead, unless its a champion like LeBlanc or AP Tristana who scale so well with ABP and are early game champions. Either way, both are completely viable.

Some people like mana regen runes, and I get why. Here's the deal: Mana regen doesn't deal damage. Those running mana regen Vs me in lane almost always fail because I can take 2/3 more hits from their spells than they can of mine.

Also I usually run Doran's/Teleport mid so even if they do wittle me down, I'll just teleport back to lane with full mana and another Doran's to double the effectiveness of my MR.

For Katarina I would get Scaling Health/level runes as health is ever so helpful with her damage reduction. Anivia would work well with any above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sklera View Post
Invest in Hybrid Penetration Marks. You'll be losing 2.25 Magic penetration by swapping these in for Magic Pen Marks, but you GAIN 8.1 Armor penetration.

This, with Spellsword and Butcher in the offensive tree, makes last hitting creeps a breeze, and you won't be wasting any mana on them.
Don't get Hybrid, all of Kat's Spells do magic damage and she rarely auto attacks except when last hitting, and I find she last hits fine AND Armor pen doesn't help you last hit as minions do not have any resistances.

Brent Schroeder

04-12-2013

Invest in Hybrid Penetration Marks. You'll be losing 2.25 Magic penetration by swapping these in for Magic Pen Marks, but you GAIN 8.1 Armor penetration.

This, with Spellsword and Butcher in the offensive tree, makes last hitting creeps a breeze, and you won't be wasting any mana on them.

For Seals, grab either Armor or Health per level.

I've found that Scaling Magic Resist Glyphs are good for your blues. You can also swap out flat MR or Ability Power per lvl. All preference.

Quints go flat AP. Only way to go, imo.

Hope this post helps you out