When people say OMG SO MANY RAGERS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Will Oak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

When people say that OMG 70% of my games have AFKs, and TROLLSSS and what not.

This is not true. You have many regular no troll, no afk, games. It's just that negative experiences stick better in a person's mind than normal or even good experience so it is remembered more making one seem as if they always get ragers and trolls.

Aithòs

03-27-2013

I think the word you're looking for here is: exaggeration. Maybe embellishment.

The point isn't a literal percentage, it's that there are way too many. Fix champion select and figure out a way to not allow permabanned to create new accounts. I would enjoy a pay to play model and requiring game purchase (with a bundle of champions included) but I know a lot of people like the free to play model. Even just requiring initial 30 dollar game purchase and still being free to play would help some.

TerasDominicus

03-27-2013

People can only recall bad games because we receive good games as something that's expected. It's how the human brain works.

CynicalGiant

03-27-2013

I think there are lot of games with somewhat angry people in them, but not really trolls. I think there are a lot of games with subpar people.

I know for certain that people push their bad assumptions and expectations of the community and the playerbase onto these people and make them seem a lot worse than they really are, which can cause them to turn both them and theirselves toxic.