Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shouldn't Draven be kind of a mediocre fighter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hackulator

03-27-2013

I know everyone loves him, but the majority of his experience is in throwing axes at the backs of fleeing prisoners. He's not some mega-badass warrior, he's an entertainer who kills people that don't fight back. Shouldn't he just get hosed when he goes into the League to fight people who actually have experience in real combat?

Delimon

03-27-2013

Who cares about lore?

Vanadi

03-27-2013

He was a soldier before he was an executioner.

Verotes

03-27-2013

No one ever escaped the mustache

Zahaele

03-27-2013

He has the accuracy to toss his axes across an arena and be able to hit his target.

I'm pretty sure he has combat skill too.

Menea6587

03-27-2013

Uh, in what realm does Draven reliably 1v1 unless incredibly fed?
No ADC does that really well. Possibly Graves, but not really.

Draven hangs back in the group and hits people in the nape of the neck and then takes all the glory. Sounds like Yoloqueue ADC to- um, sounds like Draven to me.

Hackulator

03-27-2013

Quote:
Vanadi:
He was a soldier before he was an executioner.

Yeah but he didn't last very long as a soldier and there's no crazy story of him being a badass while he was a soldier like most other champs who came from the military. He just gets drummed out for being a Prima Donna and then goes on to kill helpless people for a living.

Pantallica

Recruiter

03-27-2013

His brother is Darius, why wouldn't Draven know how to fight? Darius hates the weak.

Shedge

03-27-2013

One does not question Draven.

Naked Malzahar

03-27-2013

He is not only an entertainer. I think the lore says he wasn't as satisfied by the straight and boring glory of battle as Darius, though I may be wrong. So it is safe to say he has some battle experience. Perhaps he was as good as his bro on the battlefield.

But in fact, well, game mechanics don't have much to do with lore.