Making champion bans fun again

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morry

03-27-2013

Wouldn't it be more fun if every game it wasnt the same 5 bans...it gets so stale and feels like its wasting too much time. Why don't they just nerf these guys already? Its so dumb to spend 4 minutes simply eliminating the blatantly OP champs. Banning should not be needed to make this a diverse game, balancing should do that.

Akali
Malph
Mummy
Shen
Blitz
+1

MasouAyumu

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry View Post
Wouldn't it be more fun if every game it wasnt the same 5 bans...it gets so stale and feels like its wasting too much time. Why don't they just nerf these guys already? Its so dumb to spend 4 minutes simply eliminating the blatantly OP champs. Banning should not be needed to make this a diverse game, balancing should do that.

Alistar
Malph
Mummy
Shen
Blitz
+1
ftfy

also, no.

Opfer der Seele

03-27-2013

I just find it hilarious that after Akali's last patch, which at level 30 actually made her passive weaker than it was before with runes and masteries, everyone is freaking out. Nothing else about her really changed, but everyone is acting like Akali is god now.

Raikiro

03-27-2013

Akali is a ban? I mean really does no one understand team coordination to deal with her?

Krimson62

03-27-2013

10 bans is ALOT

it would also mean people need at least 30 champions before playing a ranked game... that's insane

Bottes Phoque

03-27-2013

People just ban these champions because it's the ''common'' thing to do. They are not OP.

There are far better junglers than Amumu out there ... why do you think the pro rarely pick him despite not being banned? Alistar is never seen nowaday.

Shen is really good but most people don't know how to play him....

HypirionForge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

Akali ban is amusing. I see it about 1/2 the time in Bronze along with bans for TF, Twitch, Soraka, Darius, and Ryze.

I've seen almost every champion banned before and most of the time it is because the captain doesn't feel like dealing with a certain champion (read-too lazy to counter).

DestructoDave

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikiro View Post
Akali is a ban? I mean really does no one understand team coordination to deal with her?
In low elo? Team coordination? It is far safer to just ban people like Akali and Kat then to let them feast on your team because asking people to counter and/or outplay fairly easy heroes to dominate with, is asking a lot in low elo.

I honestly lose more games to Akali's and Katarina's than any of the aforementioned always bans, like shen, amumu, malph, etc.

More often than not, Akalis and Kats are bad, and lose the lane, get farmed, whatever. However, people are very low in this coordination and what not and always let these kinds of assassins come back in the game and kill tons of people. It is not uncommon in low elo to see some Kat or Akali leave the laning phase 0/4, 50 cs less than their opponent, and end up with the most kills on the team and/or winning the game.

Just yesterday I faced a Kat who died 3 times, to me, in the laning phase. We had a taric and a Ashe arrow to shut her down every teamfight. However, she was never stunned 1 time by either of these guys. Ashe would just arrow whoever, taric was stunning immediately on god knows who, and we died to a Kat who started the game 0/4 before she ever got a kill.

If I am first pick, I simply ban these assassin, low item, low risk, high reward champs if I can help it because you cannot count on your team to play around them, and they will always make a comeback and kill a ton of ppl, and this is why they are so popular.

I almost never lose to a shen, malph, amumu, or a combination of those on a team. But I see some garbage akali or kat routinely win a game because of the type of heroes they are.

CaldwellYSR

03-27-2013

If you want more interesting bans then ban different champs? I love leaving Amumu open because counterjungler his axe! I also love leaving Shen open at my league because people suck with him XD

Breakstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

If you nerf Shen, then we'll start banning Jax, or Shaco, or Kha'zix, or something else, and then everyone will ban that. If the team captain isn't banning to prevent them from stopping your specific strategy (don't let them get Janna if you have a dive comp, don't let them pick Twisted Fate if you want to split push), and isn't banning selfishly for his lane (ban Sona, Taric, Alistar, then pick Soraka to have an absolute sustain advantage), then the only other option is to ban general strong picks in Solo Queue, like Malphite, Amumu and Blitzcrank. People will ALWAYS do that, nerfing those 5 champions won't change it.