I have trouble facing people LOWER elo than me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThatLunchBox

03-27-2013

I am a high silver player and I play quite well when i solo queue. However when I play with my bronze friends, I play terribly. Last game I lost toplane as Renekton against Diana, I realise this isn't the best matchup but considering she was bronze I should not have lost. To top it off, she wasn't even building armour, she was building magic resist.
The other day when playing with them I played lee sin vs lux in mid and again I lost. I have no idea why, I can see im playing worse, not sure if it's due to overconfidence or what. But when I play people at my skill level I'm fine.
And to clarify, my friends are low bronze, who don't know how to work together and always make bad calls and when I play with them, I play like a bronze.
Does anyone else have this problem?

ImANubCake

03-27-2013

Well, firstly, you're overconfident. You think just because you're higher, rated you will win.
Also, they could be smurfs that were intentionally dropped to low elo (which is unlikely in Dianas case).
Try to make them pay for mistakes they make.

Greas3

03-27-2013

Yep. I play like **** with my newb friends. It's cause I don't take the game seriously at all. I subconsciously don't care about it at all, and so I fail.

Semune

03-27-2013

If you think too hard, you can get outplayed by someone who will play differently.

It's pretty basic really, although, I don't much expect it in a bronze-silver difference... but... You think the player will do the most logical thing, but they don't, and it throws you off.