Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So because someone has an opinion, you HAVE to disrespect them? wow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Good Guy

03-27-2013

Opinions are like genitalia. Everyone has them, and it's perfectly fine to enjoy yours, but please don't go shoving them in other people's faces.

VG Shield

03-27-2013

Quote:
The Good Guy:
Opinions are like genitalia. Everyone has them, and it's perfectly fine to enjoy yours, but please don't go shoving them in other people's faces.

ok since you were not that disrespectful i will say this brother, You just contradicted yourself.

BrightNooblar

Recruiter

03-27-2013

Why do people make threads, to respond to a random post buried in another thread, that seems to be about a random post in a third, different thread?

The whole issue, is that the average GD poster, and almost all of the people making threads, show little to no effort at communicating decently. Yes, mocking others opinions, rather than disproving them, is bad. But so is the people who staunchly hold their opinions, with no ability to back up their belief. And so are the people who make a whole new thread, just to get more attention, when a single post in an existing thread would work fine.

You, OP, are part of the problem, not the solution. Maybe you're accidentally part of the problem, in which case now you can try and be less bad at threads/posts, maybe you just dont care. We shall see.

The Good Guy

03-27-2013

Quote:
IntegrityMan:
ok since you were not that disrespectful i will say this brother, You just contradicted yourself.

It is not an opinion, it is common courtesy. Opinions are, by definition, a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. It's incredibly impolite to treat your opinions as facts, or even final. Being so impolite, that is why keeping your opinions to yourself, unless you wish them to be stripped down, carefully examined, and picked apart, is common courtesy.

The Good Guy

03-27-2013

Also, try not to base your responses on who is the most respectful. A lot of the internet etiquette I learned was from people being rough with me, showing me exactly where the boundaries of acceptable behaviour were, and what would happen to me if I were to cross them. Instead take each post based off it's content, ans use your common sense to decide if you should take them seriously or not. It's a bitter medicine, but in the end you will be a wiser, more informed member of the internet community.