Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Learn how to support in 60 seconds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

someone010101

03-27-2013

Hello, I play Janna. No way I'm gonna place myself in front of my ad against a burst lane.
They go on me: I (probably) die, my Ezreal gets on of them to half hp.
They go on me: Ez jumps away, I tornado them up, shield them and we can counterengage with my slow.

Pretty much the same for soraka, if she heals herself it's a big "Go in now" sign for the enemies, she's also kinda squishie.

Iunno how it is for Zyra/Fiddle, but remember: were not all ali/blitz/taric/leona.

Zackcy

03-27-2013

Leona doesn't get incredibly lucky as soon as Corki dies. If you kill someone at lvl 1, you WILL lvl up.

Yanicmb

03-27-2013

you have to be careful playing like that in YOLO que, sometime you will get an AD that would rather to hit minions than to follow up on your play just saying

Nenesse

03-27-2013

Quote:
FowD8:
play like that as sona or soraka, lmk how that goes for you
As soraka? You bet I'm gonna play that way as Soraka.

You remember the old, old, old Shurelia video? She plays exactly like this. She runs out and tries to get unanswered bananas and starcalls off, and if she gets hit anyway it's k because she's Season 1 Soraka.

Nenesse

03-27-2013

Quote:
someone010101:
Hello, I play Janna. No way I'm gonna place myself in front of my ad against a burst lane.
They go on me: I (probably) die, my Ezreal gets on of them to half hp.
They go on me: Ez jumps away, I tornado them up, shield them and we can counterengage with my slow.
Janna actually can be played like in the video, sort of. Obviously it's different when your squishy ass can't handle them committing on you.

As Janna, I sometimes max my W first, for the cooldown and--I believe it increases the slow magnitude, and if so, then it makes all kinds of sense to max it first.

Janna's Zephyr is cool because you can try to be Taric with it and catch the enemy out of position. Back when I played her, the tornado was pretty damn OP because of how it could give a decent CC if fired instantly, and if you really have to, you CAN shield yourself and then hopefully do some good with your own autoattacks. Besides, if they slice through that shield and slap you around, then that's some hate that you took for your AD--your shield did as much for you as it would've for him.

Trickery with Zephyr and the tornado make it so that, even though you can't straight-up take them on, you can try to bait them into a bad engage the same way.

RejectedCB

03-27-2013

Quote:
Spew:
Stand in a bush

/support

Every game...

Nenesse

03-27-2013

Quote:
RejectedCB:
Every game...
I completely used to be this guy.

Feels bad man.

Mimique

03-27-2013

I stand in the bush as support for lane control [if we have it, of course], and if I can take damage and harass, I'll harass and try to lure them to my ADC so he can get at least a kill.
But good video its amazing how ppl cant smeel a bait like this.

Nenesse

03-27-2013

Quote:
KiStorm:
Gets caught out and almost dies

Ezreal decides to take advantage of his fail support

Support takes all credit

Dont even...
I disagree. This happened because Taric misplayed that attack on Leona. She was plenty tough enough to survive the first few attacks from Corki, so she tried to run. Then Taric took a gamble by stunning Leona, and he lost that gamble pretty badly--note that Leona survives for quite a bit after they fail to kill her in the duration of the stun. She drops her exhaust, and if she had died at THAT point, Ez would've killed Corki.

Nerdchop

03-27-2013

This is common sense. I played like that the very first time I ever played support.

Good post though. 90% of players are terrible and maybe this will help them.