Learn how to support in 60 seconds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nenesse

03-27-2013

I spent my entire LoL career playing support, but I didn't actually learn how to do it until a few months ago.

All it took was this video. This video was literally the turning point in teaching me how to play support. Just the first 60 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6bWc...ature=youtu.be

It's more than just an impressive double kill by Ez. When Aphromoo yells "What's up Taric, look, now I have lane presence," he's talking about Taric dropping damage on him, which is fine, because he's Leona, and his Ez knows how to play. Ez deals some damage, and now he's unscratched but Corki has taken some damage. The exchange went badly for Corki, so once Zenith Blade comes back up, Corki should probably be scared. This is what "lane presence" means.

Aphromoo then tries to use that presence to scare Taric and Corki off the minions and possibly off of harassing Ez.

Corki and Taric know Leona is at low health in there, so they drop a ward and try to kill her.

However, they just used their spells on Leona. Ez commits, ignites Corki, and gets the kill. Then Leona gets incredibly lucky by leveling up at the perfect time, and Ez kills Taric before he can catch up to Leona.

On display here are two important things: First, how to use support to "scare" the enemies even if you don't have a major edge on them. Two, the fact that attacking you is the wrong decision, so you can be bold and do things that will probably get you harassed, if there's goin to be a benefit for you as well.

60 seconds. 60 seconds to teach one of the most important skills there is for supports: lane presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FowD8 View Post
play like that as sona or soraka, lmk how that goes for you
You remember the old, old, old Shurelia video? She plays exactly like this. She runs out and tries to get unanswered bananas and starcalls off, and if she gets hit anyway it's k because she's Season 1 Soraka. Nowadays, it's k because you're Post-Season 2 Soraka and your Starcall rocks now--and because if they go for a major commit, you can block a lot of the damage with the armor buff.

As Sona?

You're an IDIOT if you don't play Sona this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiStorm View Post
Gets caught out and almost dies

Ezreal decides to take advantage of his fail support

Support takes all credit

Dont even...
Hell no. This happened because of an understandable misplay by Taric, followed by Corki underestimating Ez and doing a balls-out commit. Corki was definitely going to die as soon as Leona survived long enough to get that exhaust. That's still a win for Ez, even though Leona would have fed an avoidable death.

Judgment19

03-27-2013

I love a support that stands behind me not moving in lane.

Said nobody ever.

Kat Commander

03-27-2013

So a tank/bully should tank and be a bully... Got it.

Edit: Upvoted because it actually is a good 60 seconds of how Support should be played.

ManDudeMcDudeman

03-27-2013

I love this video.

In addition to being a great learning tool on how to support, it's also ****ing hilarious."He gon' die for this CS! WADDUP PLAYA!"

JustCallMeSpud

03-27-2013

I'm familiar with that vid, posted it earlier today too. My favorite part: 3 wards! You see 'em, you see 'em! You KNOW I did something with those wards!

nvmvoidrays

03-27-2013

i knew it'd be that video when i clicked this topic.

upboated.

Spew

03-27-2013

Stand in a bush

/support

KiStorm

03-27-2013

Support takes all credit

Dont even...

Hellraíser

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiStorm View Post

Support takes all credit

Dont even...
He plays it well, but I have to agree. If the Ez wasn't as good as he was, this would've just backfired monstrously.

FowD8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

play like that as sona or soraka, lmk how that goes for you