So we are allowed to degrade and trash talk people on the forum and not get banned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UP Pls Buff

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by loooooooololol View Post
fuk u niger lover
Man don't be racist, someone got banned yesterday for that, multiple people actually

MathMage

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityMan View Post
If someone post something ignorant, secret is don't reply. Its not worth your time
So, you mean, if someone were to post about how bad it is that this forum is a cesspool of people ****-talking each other without serious forum moderation (a legitimate if trite concern), but used as his example a thread where someone who got banned for obviously legit reasons raged and made impotent threats at Riot and was subsequently mocked and downvoted, I should just not reply to that post to explain what a terrible example that was?

Well, dang.

VG Shield

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
So, you mean, if someone were to post about how bad it is that this forum is a cesspool of people ****-talking each other without serious forum moderation (a legitimate if trite concern), but used as his example a thread where someone who got banned for obviously legit reasons raged and made impotent threats at Riot and was subsequently mocked and downvoted, I should just not reply to that post to explain what a terrible example that was?

Well, dang.
By all means yes you can reply all you want, but yet again my fellow summoner you should not degrade people while doing it.

Brosepius Maxim

03-27-2013

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Edmund Burke

The idea that simply ignoring peoples bad behaviour will make it go away is a flawed and dangerous plan for anyone to follow. Ignoring anything only makes you beholden to ignorance..... it's only true effect is to transfer a problem from one party to another.

A better plan, in my opinion, is to report the offense or offenses to the proper authorities and give the person or persons the opportunity to correct the offensive behaviour. If they fail, then they should not be allowed to take part in the discussion or activity any longer.

If we cannot be mature enough to handle a discussion or a game with grace and civility....how can we possible live our lives with the same?

VG Shield

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosepius Maxim View Post
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Edmund Burke

The idea that simply ignoring peoples bad behaviour will make it go away is a flawed and dangerous plan for anyone to follow. Ignoring anything only makes you beholden to ignorance..... it's only true effect is to transfer a problem from one party to another.

A better plan, in my opinion, is to report the offense or offenses to the proper authorities and give the person or persons the opportunity to correct the offensive behaviour. If they fail, then they should not be allowed to take part in the discussion or activity any longer.

If we cannot be mature enough to handle a discussion or a game with grace and civility....how can we possible live our lives with the same?
Cant save the world man, but i can ask and talk with fellow summoners about constructive ideas and positive outlets, we aren't all fully negative.

Brosepius Maxim

03-30-2013

I don't at all feel that everyone is negative, my post was directed at those that are choosing to be negative. The point......was to show that ignoring problems is counterintuitive to change. Any changes happening from a bad position on most any issue are more likely to result in an improvement because they usually can't get much worse. Obviously thats not always the case, but more often than not, i find that in my own life....when i choose to ignore a problem it gets worse and when i choose to address it using my head instead of my emotions....it results in big improvements. No one is perfect and we cannot expect them to be, but we MUST have an expectation of everyone to change their situation for the better, else we breed stagnation.

Another quote i enjoy:

"Still water breeds mosquitos"

Crossfade
Lay Me Down

Simply put....this means that dwelling on problems instead of solving them leads to lifesucking consequences.

Cheers!