So, I Played Urgot in Ranked....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garotten View Post
iir M5 run him a few times in IPL Las Vegas and wrecked... I reckon he's just ugly and has a steep learning curve... He was a lot stronger before the nerfs though
Neat to know.

Yeah, I'm still learning him-- it seems like there's always something new to pick up. Still, he's definitely worth it.

Best Furry NA

03-27-2013

Won another ranked game...

Had the highest damage dealt to champs out of both teams and people wanted to invite me to a ranked team.

Because of Urgot....

Panwar

03-27-2013

Play him with Thresh support "Ult carry in back line>Lantern back to safety".

Monkhunamadata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

03-27-2013

i play him mid and top and bot

he does best mid imo

he can do what he does well - be a super bully.

build him tanky. addition of muramana made him a real strong pick.

he devastates singed up top. still kinda squishy against darius. ive had them just flash under my tower and 100-0 me

Best Furry NA

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
Play him with Thresh support "Ult carry in back line>Lantern back to safety".
Ahah, I'll have to remember that.

Best Furry NA

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by moka6002 View Post
i play him mid and top and bot

he does best mid imo

he can do what he does well - be a super bully.

build him tanky. addition of muramana made him a real strong pick.

he devastates singed up top. still kinda squishy against darius. ive had them just flash under my tower and 100-0 me
Wouldn't ever think he's a counter to Singed but it makes perfect sense.

I have yet to try him mid-- his odd range with his E and his lack of cc makes me wary, but I'd imagine he still does well.

Muramana is freaking amazing late game-- you'd fall off in damage due to building tanky, except instead you get that.

If you're at full, Ult Darius further under your tower, W+E+Q+Q+Q+Q+Q while running around it-- he should die unless you let him free farm until a pretty high level?

Kyrrion

03-27-2013

Wait, you mean Riot's balance team actually knows what they're doing? No wai!

Best Furry NA

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrrion View Post
Wait, you mean Riot's balance team actually knows what they're doing? No wai!
But nobody would ever know.....

chodechoker2g

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
I think Urgot is sleeper OP.

-------------------------------------

I've been milling him over. Not quite a bruiser, not quite a carry, but an odd mix. In lane, he counters carries in the bot lane, at top, he's still good at harassing.

Late game he gets tanky while still doing quite a bit. His burst is actually not bad, and his ability to peel people before the fight even starts is pretty nice, providing good positioning.

So, I got him about 3 days ago, and played him almost non-stop.

He's... Actually very good.

I've been getting better and better, working on my cs, on denial of cs (more important imo as Urgot, but you still need cs yourself), and of course teamfighting and killing.

In normals, I went 35-7 one game. In another, I won against a Leona+Kha top-- both actually weren't all that bad (ok, the Leona could have been a bit better). Been Legendary multiple times.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Played him Ranked, against a Darius. I know he counters Darius, but still, it's ranked (ok, idiots exist but this guy wasn't dumb).

People on my team asked why I was set on Urgot. They were wary, and with every right to be. I asked for ADC or top, and since the support didn't want to support an Urgot, I went top.

I shut him out of CS, I forced him to back multiple times, making his level lower than mine. I bought wards after I was ganked (I was ganked before I could afford any), and I killed him when I was ganked by Shen (who got the kill on me). I killed him multiple times and shut him down. The jungle never had to worry about me, I kept it warded to hinder the enemy jungle Shen, and...

My team was shocked. Our Varus gave me a congrats, the enemy Darius was actually kind and surprised, saying I did a really good job denying him of CS and punishing him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR: URGOT IS AWESOME!!!

Edit: Giant Enemy Crabgot, is awesome*. Gotta play da crab :3

ButchGot is better man

Best Furry NA

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kog mongler View Post
butchgot is better man
cOME AT ME AND FEAR MY CRABS!