So, I Played Urgot in Ranked....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

03-27-2013

I think Urgot is sleeper OP.

-------------------------------------

I've been milling him over. Not quite a bruiser, not quite a carry, but an odd mix. In lane, he counters carries in the bot lane, at top, he's still good at harassing.

Late game he gets tanky while still doing quite a bit. His burst is actually not bad, and his ability to peel people before the fight even starts is pretty nice, providing good positioning.

So, I got him about 3 days ago, and played him almost non-stop.

He's... Actually very good.

I've been getting better and better, working on my cs, on denial of cs (more important imo as Urgot, but you still need cs yourself), and of course teamfighting and killing.

In normals, I went 35-7 one game. In another, I won against a Leona+Kha top-- both actually weren't all that bad (ok, the Leona could have been a bit better). Been Legendary multiple times.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Played him Ranked, against a Darius. I know he counters Darius, but still, it's ranked (ok, idiots exist but this guy wasn't dumb).

People on my team asked why I was set on Urgot. They were wary, and with every right to be. I asked for ADC or top, and since the support didn't want to support an Urgot, I went top.

I shut him out of CS, I forced him to back multiple times, making his level lower than mine. I bought wards after I was ganked (I was ganked before I could afford any), and I killed him when I was ganked by Shen (who got the kill on me). I killed him multiple times and shut him down. The jungle never had to worry about me, I kept it warded to hinder the enemy jungle Shen, and...

My team was shocked. Our Varus gave me a congrats, the enemy Darius was actually kind and surprised, saying I did a really good job denying him of CS and punishing him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR: URGOT IS AWESOME!!!

Edit: Giant Enemy Crabgot, is awesome*. Gotta play da crab :3

onboardtonowhere

03-27-2013

I got carried by urgot today. I carried mid game though.

Best Furry NA

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboardtonowhere View Post
I got carried by urgot today. I carried mid game though.
Was it a crabgot? :3

W1ldside

03-27-2013

Top is his only chance to shine.... until anyone with stun or range shows up

OhYouFancy

03-27-2013

He is sub-par. Certainly not as bad as people make him out to be but definitely not awesome either. Many people wouldn't be ready for his kit considering how little he is played so that is a plus.

Best Furry NA

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ldside View Post
Top is his only chance to shine.... until anyone with stun or range shows up
Actually, he does a good job bot, but you have to understand how it works... He completely denies the enemy ADC of farm. Bot lane, you won't get as much cs as another carry, but the enemy will look pitiful with theirs.

When they go to last-hit, just use E. Certain ADCs can avoid it easily but not many. Ezreal, if playing hyper-aggressive, can win, but he's actually a very good lane bully.

He counters a lot of ADCs. But you have to bully them before they get powerful, and you have to know just when to do it.

Scyfex

03-27-2013

The only people who think he's bad are the people palying him as an adc.

Best Furry NA

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhYouFancy View Post
He is sub-par. Certainly not as bad as people make him out to be but definitely not awesome either. Many people wouldn't be ready for his kit considering how little he is played so that is a plus.
I don't know. I think his kit is just a bit different.

His damage is less than a carry, his tankyness later less than a bruiser. But, he gets a fair amount of both. You don't have to feel bad about taking hits, unlike a carry, and your damage is still very good.

His ulti is very good in the right moment, and his passive is overlooked-- if you shut down your lane (assuming you're good and you do), you can then lower 15% of the damage of another. In a teamfight, that means you previously shut down 1-2 people, and now, you lower the damage of another laner by quite a bit.

I think he's different, but not quite sub-par. Just takes a lot of getting used to as he operates.... Interestingly.

The ONLY thing that I think kinda sucks, is that he doesn't wield lifesteal all that well. Kinda sucks.

Best Furry NA

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyfex View Post
The only people who think he's bad are the people palying him as an adc.
He can play in the bot lane ADC role, but you have to understand that his actual job is a hybrid carry/bruiser.

He still works there if played right, and he can completely deny the enemy.

Though I have been liking him top quite a bit...

Garotten

03-27-2013

iir M5 run him a few times in IPL Las Vegas and wrecked... I reckon he's just ugly and has a steep learning curve... He was a lot stronger before the nerfs though