Give me 5 reasons why Akali isn't op

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The FireWater

03-26-2013

No one cares what you think. If you sat down for a minute you could think of 10 reasons why any champ in the game is OP. It's called their 'strengths' and every champ has them. Focus on them and every champ is OP, which is why GD is so full of 'Fix champX' threads every time someone loses a match and doesn't realize it's not the games fault.

But to shut you up:

1) Hard countered by CC: True for all assassins, and no, 'countered by CC' is not a valid statement for every champ. Yess CC is devestating, but some champs are clearly countered by CC harder than others.

2) Unreliable escape: The stealth is good, and shadow dance can escape to a minion if there is one nearby, but if the Akali is doing well enough to be a threat, a smart enemy will keep some pink wards around to counter it. Unlike Jax, Lee, Talon, Eve, Kass... or many other assassins she doesnt' have an at will mobility escape.

3) High skill: Ties in with unreliable escape. She is an all in champion. Yes she does high damage and can decemate a team, so can other burst AP assassins, but to maximize her damage requires staggering her Q cooldown with your dash in, which a smart enemy won't let you do. And since she's all in she can easily be shut down by a bad initiate.

4) Feed requirement: True for many, but she is not just a snowball champ, she's a snowball assassin with expensive needs. She has only the single aoe slow for a CC (which is better saved as an escape, AND not usually maxxed first) so if she gets shut down early, she has nothing to contribute.

5) Lanes poorly: Against a like skilled opponant, you're options are mid, where you'll get beaten by range, or top, where you'll face off against bruisers made to destroy assassins. Any like skilled enemy can bully her from lane and deny her the feed she requires to snowball. Now if you are not as skilled as your enemy Akali and make threads asking why she's not OP, you're not smart enough to do that, and she'll stomp you.

shall we keep going?

6) Poor aoe: Not the most important factor for a single target assassin, but still a factor. Her single aoe is a decent skill, but try comparing it to her like skilled counterpart assassin, Diana. Diana has better poke with aoe, and an aoe with a shield, and an aoe CC to deny escapes as well as initiate for a team.

7) Poor poke: Q is enough to last hit or annoy someone, but it is hardly decent damage to poke with before commiting in a team fight. Like Fizz she has to go all in or she has nothing to do.

8) Squishy: Goes without saying really, but it's still a factor. Seperate from 'countered by CC' is the simple fact that she can be burst down quickly. Her innate spell vamp only goes so far.

9) Energy: A tricky resource, while still generally better than Mana, it is great early game for laning, but an annoying feature late game when you want to spam your skills but your energy limits the length of your killing spree.

Voidian

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidian View Post
Just uh, don't play retarded.

"HEY SHE'S GOOD AT CHASING PEOPLE, I'M GONNA STAND OVER HERE BY HER TURRET FAR AWAY FROM MINE"

or

"SHE CAN AOE, SO I'LL OBVIOUSLY PUSH THE LANE AND STAY IN FRONT OF HER TURRET FAR AWAY FROM MINE."

or

"SHE'S IN THE SHROUD ALMOST DEAD, THE SMART THING TO DO IS STAND ON TOP OF IT AND TRY TO GET A KILL"

or

"I'M TAKING A SQUISHY CHAMP SHE AND ALL ASSASSINS ARE SUPPOSED TO COUNTER, WHY AREN'T MY PINK WARDS GIVING ME A FREE WIN?"

or

"WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO COUNTERPICK?"

or

"I'M BUYING THIS PINK WARD AND USING IT RANDOMLY WHEN I CAN'T GET A KILL THEN COMPLAIN SHE REMOVED MY OWN PINK WARD SPENDING AS MUCH GOLD AS ME"

or

"I HAVE A MARK OVER MY HEAD, TIME TO GET REALLY CLOSE TO HER TO FARM, DOUBLE PROC ISN'T ALL DAT"

or

"I JUST FED HER 6 KILLS WHY CAN'T I WIN WITH PINK WARDS MENGZ?"

the idiotic variables are just too many to list.
Also:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3215101
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3258001

PS: This whining is so last week, GD already moved on to Lux and Zed for the same reason they moved to Akali
*Spoiler*
No reason at all.

Ankamius

03-26-2013

Akali can't carry jack **** if you have a coordinated team. I always laugh when an akali is the only champion on the enemy team is doing well, because that means our chances of losing are ridiculously low.

WaldosGhost

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerglingOne View Post
She's countered hard by Katarina.

Does that sentence hold true for ANYONE ELSE IN THE GAME?
Kennen, Shunpo them Q's and burst before the stuns go off.

EDIT: the GD moved on to Zed too? Hell NAW

Miracle Kid

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIIAN View Post
and I'll give you 5 reasons why she is (I'll even think about it!)

Ok
Just because you can see her doesn't mean she can't kill you
Q ignition is the main source of damage,
She can chunk 1/2 HP with a QE combo in lane
Her AoE is enough to waveclear, which allows her to roam extremely well (QQ Leblanc is sad)
R refreshes on kill, which means that she can continue her butt-rapin rampage
Easily countered and targeted
CC destroys her
She has a lot of counters in top lane
She loses favor at higher elos
Pink ward...

iProbie

03-26-2013

Akali is just strong and annoying but not op.
the main reason is because she's a top-notch duelist, with incredible sustain after gunblade + 3 x 800 range gap closer and incredible single target burst.

in terms of teamfights, she does her job well but then she'll die in the process as well

Dragull2

03-26-2013

She is melee.

She doesn`t have hard cc.

She has very little AoE damage.

She has a LOT of counters.

And last but not less important, her win ratios are not too high and she is rarely picked in tournaments. Therefore, this proves she is, at the very least, a balanced champion, if not UNDERPOWERED. Pro teams often use the most OP champions in order to win, that`s why you see Elise as a first pick or ban so often. If Akali is rarely banned or pick, there is a reason for it.

Dragull2

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidian View Post
Also:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3215101
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3258001

PS: This whining is so last week, GD already moved on to Lux and Zed for the same reason they moved to Akali
*Spoiler*
No reason at all.
GD is dumb and responsible for most of the worse balancing decisions Riot ever made.

Seriously, they nerfed Garen...

Voidian

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragull2 View Post
GD is dumb and responsible for most of the worse balancing decisions Riot ever made.

Seriously, they nerfed Garen...
I knew GD wasn't too bright but I had my confirmation about a year ago when they whined so much about friggen Anivia, that Riot decided to nerf her.....

Then they had to rebuff her past her initial state to make her usable again.

Funfact: Vlad Akali also had a similar experience, she's much better off with E procing her mark and the new passive than she was with slightly better numbers that she used to have pre-S2 QQ.

I'm sure there are several other examples, I'm just too lazy to list them, Oh yeah, there's eve too, Vlad was unusable for over a year due to whining, twitch, etc..