Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why don't we have a draft mode?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

03-29-2013

The map doesn't have a large enough playerbase for draft. Even normal draft SR queues tend to be decently long. Draft Dominion? Don't even bother if you have a good win/loss ratio. The playerbase isn't large enough for Normal Draft to be worth it, unless you also remove Blind Pick.

Henry Plainview

03-29-2013

Quote:
SylianEUW:
The map doesn't have a large enough playerbase for draft. Even normal draft SR queues tend to be decently long. Draft Dominion? Don't even bother if you have a good win/loss ratio. The playerbase isn't large enough for Normal Draft to be worth it, unless you also remove Blind Pick.

A lot more people play TT than Dominion, the playerbase absolutely could support it, but even if we accept your premise as true, removing blind pick would not be a bad thing at all.

SylianEUW

03-29-2013

Quote:
Henry Plainview:
A lot more people play TT than Dominion, the playerbase absolutely could support it, but even if we accept your premise as true, removing blind pick would not be a bad thing at all.
I already get several minutes queue for blind pick TT games with something like 95 wins/42 losses or so. I don't think the TT playerbase is all that large. It might be larger than Dominion, but not by that much. That being said, I wouldn't mind if they removed blind pick and replaced it with draft, though I doubt that will happen anytime soon. If Riot did that, they'd have to increase the number of free week rotation champions to something like 15, so that new players can play draft too.

TT doesn't really need draft anyway, since it has ranked. If you want to play with draft, you can play ranked. It's a much better option than what Dominion has, anyway.

metere

03-31-2013

yeah it has ranked but it has no solo que... so it needs solo que, AND draft if possible.