Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why don't we have a draft mode?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RampaginPhoenix

03-26-2013

I don't think we should have to make a team of 3 to be able to ban champions. So many times I've been beaten by a Singed or other broken champions. I know you can counter some of them but when they are paired with another champion that can be claimed "Over powered" its becomes almost impossible to win.

FatMii

03-26-2013

Quote:
RampaginPhoenix:
I don't think we should have to make a team of 3 to be able to ban champions. So many times I've been beaten by a Singed or other broken champions. I know you can counter some of them but when they are paired with another champion that can be claimed "Over powered" its becomes almost impossible to win.

If draft mode existed on 3s it would probably suffer the same fate as draft in Dominion. People would play it for about a week and then nobidy would touch it ever again and plus 3s have ranked so i see no purpose for draft pick.

Goggris

03-26-2013

Quote:
FatMii:
If draft mode existed on 3s it would probably suffer the same fate as draft in Dominion. People would play it for about a week and then nobidy would touch it ever again and plus 3s have ranked so i see no purpose for draft pick.

My sentiment exactly. If you want draft just make a ranked team and treat it as a normal. Make two teams even. One you really wanna try on. One to goof off in. Either way you get draft and the level of seriousness you want.

metere

03-27-2013

but if you do not have people that can play at the same times as you then you cant do ranked threes. we need draft for normal's better yet a 4-5 person per team ban, and then solo que for threes as well.

FatMii

03-27-2013

Quote:
metere:
but if you do not have people that can play at the same times as you then you cant do ranked threes. we need draft for normal's better yet a 4-5 person per team ban, and then solo que for threes as well.

Coming from the dominion community I am 99% sure draft mode is unnecessary as I have stated above due to never getting a queue pop or waiting for 30 minutes at lower elo. Dominion is a great example why draft wouldn't work because Kassadin is more or less as problematic as Singed in 3s. Though I only started playing 3s, from watching Yetti's stream, it is extremely easy for higher elo players to find players to play ranked 3s so they would not even touch draft as it is an utter waste of time. Playing ranked team has no penalty because you can easily disband your team which is another reason why draft is dumb.

For solo queue, I am not a big fan of it because it is easy enough to find 3 players and plus when all 3 is in a team, it is way more fun. This post may appear biased to high elo because it is because I have never suffered the lower end of the elo spectrum.

SHADY NIPPLES

Recruiter

03-28-2013

wut

Henry Plainview

03-28-2013

Quote:
FatMii:

Because I don't want to play on a team, my friends aren't always on/I don't have any friends. If there were solo queue ranked, I would agree, but there should be some way for you to get draft without being a team.

Dominion draft died because for a long time there was no queue dodge penalty. There is now, but the queue times are so long now it's impossible for it to recover. Also, many more people play TT than Dominion.
Quote:
FatMii:
Though I only started playing 3s, from watching Yetti's stream, it is extremely easy for higher elo players to find players to play ranked 3s so they would not even touch draft as it is an utter waste of time. Playing ranked team has no penalty because you can easily disband your team which is another reason why draft is dumb.

So what if high elo players might not use it, how does that matter at all? Playing a team has the penalty of the time necessary for creating/organizing.

Boo

03-28-2013

I don't understand how you can't just find 2 people to play ranked with v___v

FitzChivalry

03-28-2013

Quote:
Boo:

its a lot harder than it sounds....

Henry Plainview

03-29-2013

Quote:
Boo:

Why should I have to?