Concept - Vaughn, the Emblem of Demacia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaNick95

03-26-2013

Support role (maybe Top?), because we don't really have a support from Demacia who 'fits in' with the rest of the Demacians, meaning armor, battle-ready, front lines, etc. This is just bare-bones concept - there are very few actual numbers in this, I'll wait to see what people think before contemplating those kinds of things.

Vaughn, the Emblem of Demacia

Innate - Stoicism

Vaughn grants himself and nearby allies an additional (X + level*Y) health regen / 5 seconds.

Q - Blade of Justice

Passive: For each kill Vaughn assists in but does not score himself, he gains X Attack Damage.

Active: Vaughn dashes to a target ally and swings his sword in an arc, knocking back up to 2 enemy champions and dealing X physical damage to all enemies in a cone.

Casting would be very similar to the new pings, click once to target, hold to rotate cone, release to cast. Can be casted 'on' himself, so that no dash is required.

W - Bodyguard

Passive: Vaughn gains 5/8/10/12/15 bonus Armor and MR.

Active: Vaughn shields a nearby ally, granting them a small shield which absorbs X incoming damage. If the shield is broken, Vaughn will take 10% of that ally's damage for them for the next X seconds.

If Vaughn shields himself and the shield is broken, he gains (5/8/10/12/15)% Armor and MR for X seconds.

E - Unbreakable Courage

Active: Vaughn shouts to a target ally, granting them 10/12/15/18/20 bonus Attack Damage for 3 seconds and breaking any current stun or fear. Additionally, incoming CC targeting the ally will have its duration reduced by 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% for X seconds after.

Unbreakable Courage can target Vaughn and can be cast while stunned or feared.

R - Paragon

After a delay, Vaughn becomes a vassal for the power of Demacia, rooting him and making him immune to other forms of CC for 5(?) seconds. During this time, nearby allies are granted significant combat bonuses. If an ally is slain while Paragon is active, their killer is struck from above by a beam of Demacian Justice in the name of the fallen ally (counts as their damage, not his) dealing 100/150/200 + 5% of max health as magic damage (no other scaling). Paragon cannot be interrupted or cancelled.

HingoftheKill

03-26-2013

Hm, sounds interesting, I like the Q in particular. There are a couple things... I don't like that he doesn't get bonus from his Q if it is an assist. It wouldn't be very fun to have a champion that is punished for getting a kill. I would make it on a kill or assist.

His ult needs to be fleshed out in more detail... would it be like a sivir ult? His E would be pretty powerful but doesn't seem to OP..

Btw, his passive right now is very similar to Heimer's (+20 hp/5 to all nearby champs and towers/turrets) Maybe make it slightly different, such as every time he uses an auto attack it heals himself and nearby champions over time? Or maybe on spell cast?

If you would like to rate a champ of mine back - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3003459

Omega Yonaka

03-26-2013

I really like the idea of having a "support" role from a Demacian character. I have a few things though (then again, who am I to criticize?)

You should try figure out your X and Y values. I know this can be hard, if you put them too high which I would be tempted to do, the forums will say hes OP. And if you put them too low, he's useless :/

The Q cast (Blade of Justice) would work well if it followed the same arc idea as Annie's Incinerate or Cho'Gath's Feral Scream as I think in a team fight, clicking to 2 points on the field in a split second could cause for your move to miss entirely or be set too far apart and not cast, meaning you've wasted 1, maybe 2 vital seconds that an ally could have used the knock back for.

Your W (Bodyguard) is good. However, "If Vaughn shields himself and the shield is broken, he gains X Armor and MR for X seconds." I think is off. Rather than just giving him a flat, say, 15 MR and Armor, I think it would be better to give him +15% bonus MR and Armor, that way, if you decide to build him more tanky like a Leona, his bonus will scale up better with his armor rather than a flat total. Just an Idea, as I said, I'm no expert.

Your E (Unbreakable Courage) is a great idea but I think it would have to have a relatively long cool down at earlier levels to compensate.

Your R (Paragon) is where I run into some difficulty. From what I understand, Vaughn becomes untargetable and if you kill one of his allies, you are dealt damage back to you that you did to the target? Now, does this mean that once an ally has died, this ultimate's effect stops or does it persist for a duration? Even so, this is a bit too powerful I am afraid, it makes your enemy team unable to attack anyone for a certain amount of time as if they do, they are 100% killing themselves when Demacian Justice hits them.

If however, he gave the paragon to one ally who returned the damage dealt to him to his attackers upon death, it would be less overpowered, but is very similar to Galio's ult, and since Vaughn also becomes untargetable, it becomes a Kayle and Galio ult combined.

Again though that's just my opinion, don't take it as a "You have to do it like this!".

If you have time, could you give my idea a look and tell me what you think?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3259668

- Omega Yonaka (NA)
- Playground Tactix (EUW)

NinjaNick95

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HingoftheKill View Post
Hm, sounds interesting, I like the Q in particular. There are a couple things... I don't like that he doesn't get bonus from his Q if it is an assist. It wouldn't be very fun to have a champion that is punished for getting a kill. I would make it on a kill or assist.

His ult needs to be fleshed out in more detail... would it be like a sivir ult? His E would be pretty powerful but doesn't seem to OP..

Btw, his passive right now is very similar to Heimer's (+20 hp/5 to all nearby champs and towers/turrets) Maybe make it slightly different, such as every time he uses an auto attack it heals himself and nearby champions over time? Or maybe on spell cast?

If you would like to rate a champ of mine back - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3003459
Hey there, thanks for the feedback. I purposely excluded kills from the passive because I felt like it gave too much snowball potential to the top lane aspect of Vaughn. Making the bonus small (like 2-3) might allow for this, but we'll see. I'll have a better idea once i can get some numbers figured out.

The ult is complex, yes, and a bit confusing. I'll try to explain it as well as I can.

I actually didn't know that Heim's passive included units besides structures....but he's getting remade soon anyways, right? =P I can try to think of something else suitable though. Good suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Yonaka View Post
I really like the idea of having a "support" role from a Demacian character. I have a few things though (then again, who am I to criticize?)

You should try figure out your X and Y values. I know this can be hard, if you put them too high which I would be tempted to do, the forums will say hes OP. And if you put them too low, he's useless :/

The Q cast (Blade of Justice) would work well if it followed the same arc idea as Annie's Incinerate or Cho'Gath's Feral Scream as I think in a team fight, clicking to 2 points on the field in a split second could cause for your move to miss entirely or be set too far apart and not cast, meaning you've wasted 1, maybe 2 vital seconds that an ally could have used the knock back for.

Your W (Bodyguard) is good. However, "If Vaughn shields himself and the shield is broken, he gains X Armor and MR for X seconds." I think is off. Rather than just giving him a flat, say, 15 MR and Armor, I think it would be better to give him +15% bonus MR and Armor, that way, if you decide to build him more tanky like a Leona, his bonus will scale up better with his armor rather than a flat total. Just an Idea, as I said, I'm no expert.

Your E (Unbreakable Courage) is a great idea but I think it would have to have a relatively long cool down at earlier levels to compensate.

Your R (Paragon) is where I run into some difficulty. From what I understand, Vaughn becomes untargetable and if you kill one of his allies, you are dealt damage back to you that you did to the target? Now, does this mean that once an ally has died, this ultimate's effect stops or does it persist for a duration? Even so, this is a bit too powerful I am afraid, it makes your enemy team unable to attack anyone for a certain amount of time as if they do, they are 100% killing themselves when Demacian Justice hits them.

If however, he gave the paragon to one ally who returned the damage dealt to him to his attackers upon death, it would be less overpowered, but is very similar to Galio's ult, and since Vaughn also becomes untargetable, it becomes a Kayle and Galio ult combined.

Again though that's just my opinion, don't take it as a "You have to do it like this!".

If you have time, could you give my idea a look and tell me what you think?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3259668

- Omega Yonaka (NA)
- Playground Tactix (EUW)
Hi there, thanks for your post too Blade of Justice is only meant to be a one-click spell (hold and drag for cone), but it does take longer than others to pull off. The problem with an Annie cone is that the cone only faces one direction - I want to give Vaughn the flexibility to knock enemies either back into a team, or away from an ally.

The E will most certainly have a long cooldown, especially considering it can be used while stunned/feared and breaks them.

I think untargetable might be too much for the ultimate. Maybe just CC immune instead, so that you can still end it by killing him, but not just by a simple stun/silence....hm. The damage that Demacian Justice would be dealing is small - meant to allow trades in close 1v1 situations in the other lanes or punish someone who is snowballing and killing everyone on your team. I put a base damage number up there, how does it look?