Would You Kindly? Nautilus is in need of some QoL changes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenIndustry

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeroxidous View Post
I have been playing Nautilus lately but not jungle. I don't find him too bad at the early and mid game. But I do find that late game he is just a tank and nothing else. Doesn't really do damage either, he does need some sort of buff for some extra damage.
Where do you play him, support? I've seen that work to some extent.

Torse

03-29-2013

I agree completely.

Can't say much else, you've done your research.

FrozenIndustry

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torse View Post
I agree completely.

Can't say much else, you've done your research.
Appreciated!

Also bumping for self-interest.

PHoToS999

03-31-2013

I really have to agree with this. I've only jungled w/ naut a little, but it's so difficult unless you get off to a good start. If you get off to a good start, then he's your golden child ganker.

What if when the shield is destroyed, it activates a secondary effect, like an AA slow, a short stun, or maybe a push away?

FrozenIndustry

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHoToS999 View Post
I really have to agree with this. I've only jungled w/ naut a little, but it's so difficult unless you get off to a good start. If you get off to a good start, then he's your golden child ganker.

What if when the shield is destroyed, it activates a secondary effect, like an AA slow, a short stun, or maybe a push away?
I honestly feel like that's leaning more into rework territory, and all he really needs is maybe an extra second or two of damage should his shield drop early.

Akira Kid41

03-31-2013

So I thought attack speed was a core stat for every jungle, am I wrong? Then why not Nataulus? His passive gives free damage, would it not make sense to build attack speed? At least a wits end. I disagree, his early to mid game is incredibly powerful, he actually falls off hard endgame.
And his ap ratios are terrible,such a trap. Focus on items with durability and flat damage. Attack speed naut will actually 1 v 1 most champs. Should always build at least two attack speed items on him.

FrozenIndustry

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira Kid41 View Post
So I thought attack speed was a core stat for every jungle, am I wrong? Then why not Nataulus? His passive gives free damage, would it not make sense to build attack speed? At least a wits end. I disagree, his early to mid game is incredibly powerful, he actually falls off hard endgame.
And his ap ratios are terrible,such a trap. Focus on items with durability and flat damage. Attack speed naut will actually 1 v 1 most champs. Should always build at least two attack speed items on him.
Did you not read my post at all as to why attack speed is a trap on Nautilus, or just skim it? More than 1.0 AS actually HURTS Nautlius' damage, as it negates the second half of the DoT on W. Also, AS means nothing in relation to his passive, as the passive can only proc every 12 seconds on the same champ, and your first attack on champs won't really need any sort of attack speed.

And you CAN'T build flat damage on Nautilus without sacrificing a great deal of tankiness, which he desperately needs due to his poor base stats. You are a TANK, not a primary damage dealer, but you need at least some damage to remain relevant. And Nautilus' midgame is fine, but his early game is awful, he has some of the worst armor possible for a tank, and can't duel or invade to save his life in most cases. He shines the most lategame because his cc is so powerful in teamfights, and has a lot of displacement potential.

Gdstro

03-31-2013

I think he needs buffs as well. Do not feel like explaining anything though haha.

Demonblitz

04-01-2013

After playing with Nautilus in about 12 games, I have to agree with you, I wind up using him as support until mid game because (maybe due to my lack of skill) I am not able to use him for much else. His W is pathetic, it can barely withstand any damage and as you said, is gone in seconds, and sadly it is the must needed of his attacks.

FrozenIndustry

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonblitz View Post
After playing with Nautilus in about 12 games, I have to agree with you, I wind up using him as support until mid game because (maybe due to my lack of skill) I am not able to use him for much else. His W is pathetic, it can barely withstand any damage and as you said, is gone in seconds, and sadly it is the must needed of his attacks.
That's the problem with it, the concept of it being offensive and defensive is neat, but in practice it's fairly ineffective, and ends up being his only offense and his core defense at the same time.

Support Naut is interesting, but can be effective. The only problem is that you have to be incredibly careful early on with your mediocre stats, and support items aren't going to make you all that tanky in comparison to going full jungle tank. I'd love to see something like AP bruiser Naut top become possible in the near future, even if just situationally, but with where he's at now, it just doesn't work.