Would You Kindly? Nautilus is in need of some QoL changes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenIndustry View Post
That's not my decision, I'm not the game designer. I don't have the exact numbers of what is satisfactory and what isn't, but I can certainly tell that what he has right now isn't the most sufficient in comparison to others in his role. But once again, if you actually read my original post, I cover potential solutions to the issue, in the form of slightly buffing his base armor to match that of fellow junglers, fixing his W's DoT proc issues, or allowing him the opportunity to build slightly more offensive as a result of the aforementioned base stats.

You keep stating questions and problems that I have already at least attempted to address at the beginning of the topic.
Not really, I'm just trying to go into specifics. I have read your original post, and though it is incredibly well written it is slightly bias. You compare Nautilus to other tanks, but then say the amount of CC he can apply is lackluster compared to ones such as Cho Gath, how so exactly, when compared to the amount of damage, sure, but could you imagine giving him damage on par with Amumu or Cho Gath with the amount of CC he can throw out?

As for giving him more armor at the start, his scaling would have to be reduced then.

FrozenIndustry

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYKA553 View Post
So much agree! +1 I've been saying that his armor should be buffed and the DoT should apply through the whole 6 secs since i first bought Naut. TY for this post.
Thanks, I appreciate it! And Naut's shield actually lasts 10 seconds, but I get what you mean. Hopefully we can get some feedback from a Red to address this more, I heard that Morello admitted that Naut needed some QoL changes for the sake of his early survivability during PAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Not really, I'm just trying to go into specifics. I have read your original post, and though it is incredibly well written it is slightly bias. You compare Nautilus to other tanks, but then say the amount of CC he can apply is lackluster compared to ones such as Cho Gath, how so exactly, when compared to the amount of damage, sure, but could you imagine giving him damage on par with Amumu or Cho Gath with the amount of CC he can throw out?

As for giving him more armor at the start, his scaling would have to be reduced then.
I'm not comparing the amount of cc, that was never the purpose, it's the quality of the cc by comparison. Let's just look at a smaller example. Cho's Q has a massive damage ratio (1:1) alone with it already being an unmitigatable AoE knockup with a fairly impressive range, to continue the comparison. While Naut brings in a decent amount of AoE cc with his E and a impressive burst of it with his ult, its damage is so minor that you're still allowed to remain focused on his other team members, something you never want as a tank. I'm not asking for ratios on par with Cho or Amumu, but a more fair balance of his damage and utility. As I suggested, his damage numbers don't need much tweaking as they are, it's mostly just his lousy base stats and current issue with his W damage.

And as far as trading off reduced scaling for higher base armor, I disagree with that entirely. Let's look at some base, scaling, and total armor numbers here of typical "pure tank" junglers.

Nautilus: 12(+3.25) = 70.5
Amumu: 18(+3.3) = 77.4 (Plus a free flat 10 physical damage reduction with a level 5 E)
Cho'Gath: 19(+3.5) = 82
Alistar : 14.5(+3.5) = 77.5
Dr. Mundo: 17(+3.5) = 80
Maokai: 18(+4) = 90
Malphite : 18(+3.75) = 85.5
Rammus: 21(+3.8) = 89.4
Volibear: 16.5(+3.5) = 79.5
Sejuani: 20.5(+3.5) =83.5

As you can see, Naut is not only outclassed in base armor, but armor scaling as well, by almost all other champions in his role. This also doesn't take into consideration the sustain of champions like Cho'Gath, Maokai, Alistar, and Volibear, something that Naut is also lacking in. I see no reason for him to have reduced scaling simply because of a minor buff to his base armor.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenIndustry View Post
I agree with you entirely, it'd be great if the DoT was independent of the shield in some way.

Would you mind if I quoted some of your post to add to the original post? I feel like it'd provide a more complete summary of his issues with W.
Go ahead. I don't mind haha.

FrozenIndustry

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onimus Terlain View Post
Go ahead. I don't mind haha.
Thanks, kinda beat you to it anyway.

EDIT: Made a brief update adding in some armor number comparisons and a brief TL;DR for others.

(This is totally not an attempt to bump this thread, why would you accuse me of such an awful thing)

RockJockey

03-29-2013

Bumpity

Soviet Swain Approves Nautilus QoL,
Rockjockey

Thubgar

03-29-2013

*reads thread title*

*whacks OP with golf club*

FrozenIndustry

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thubgar View Post
*reads thread title*

*whacks OP with golf club*
Starring Phreak as Andrew Ryan, Morello as Jack Ryan, and IronStylus as Frank Fontaine.

Onimus Terlain

03-29-2013

Another very simple buff to Nautilus would be to make his E no longer halt his AA animation.

Kind of like what they did with Rengar and his W.

FrozenIndustry

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onimus Terlain View Post
Another very simple buff to Nautilus would be to make his E no longer halt his AA animation.

Kind of like what they did with Rengar and his W.
I'd adore that. It'd not only speed up his jungle slightly, but also make it easier to apply W damage more consistently.

But I'm afraid that it probably won't happen, Riot has said numerous times that they want his clear to remain slow to counteract his lategame.

Xeroxidous

03-29-2013

I have been playing Nautilus lately but not jungle. I don't find him too bad at the early and mid game. But I do find that late game he is just a tank and nothing else. Doesn't really do damage either, he does need some sort of buff for some extra damage.