PVP.net Patcher Kernel is not responding (Windows 8)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sovereign Exile

03-26-2013

So I have JUST finished downloading League of Legends after an excruciating wait of almost 20 hours.
I try to launch the game, and as the logo appears, a black screen appears behind it and the LoL logo appears like a program that doesn't work (transparent white color over it.)
It's only when I click on the program when a message says:

"PVP.net Patcher Kernel is not responding."

I haven't tried running it as Administrator, but I can try when I get home.
I use Windows 8, so I know maybe that's part of problem?
I need some help with this, please >_<
(Issue is like this as shown in video: https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Pki1mWOTaoo) (And no, that's not my computer, just a different guy with a similar problem.)

MightBeAPedo

03-27-2013

I have had the same exact problem for a couple of months now, and have not found a problem similar enough to mine where the solutions will work, though I've tried the basics. Tell me if running as admin works for you cause it had no effect for me.

Aro536

06-01-2013

i have the same problem
run as administrator
that works

Weisagod

06-06-2013

I was having the exact same problem, and while I was reading this thread (after a few others) it finally started up for me. It may just need a little time (maybe took 5 or 6 mins for me). Hope that works!

Krosulhah

10-21-2013

I tried running as admin but it didn't work. Mine doesn't say patcher kernel though, it just says pvp.net patcher has stopped working. If I re-install the game do you think it'll work? :/

TSM WifiTrash

11-01-2013

If the problem occurs, try uninstalling and then re-installing League of Legends. Afterwards, here's what you do:

1) Right click the .exe file
2) Click "Run as administrator"
3) If a security prompt pops up, click "Yes"
4) The launcher will work!
5) Wait for the patch to update (yes, I know, it sucks)
6) You can now play LoL!

This should work for Windows 8, if not 7, and more so, Vista.

Gileam

12-30-2013

Also try closing LoL in task manager if it's there after it crashes once or twice.

heyucomeback

12-30-2013

i had the EXACTLY same problem, and yes I have windows 8 and this is what I did

1)press "run as administrator"

2)have fun playing lol :3

skylys

01-18-2014

I've had this problem too. Im currently fixing it but what has seemed to work so far is
1) Right-click the League of Legends icon (on desktop)
2) Click 'Troubleshoot Compatability' (what i read was that you had to click certain things to get it to work in troubleshoot compat. but mine fixed it straight away. If anything pops out for you then just click what seems right? o3o)
3)Afterwards it will say 'Settings Applies to Laucher' 'Windows Compatability Mode Windows 7 (Note that i have Windows 8)
4) Click Test Program and it will open LoL (updating it or whatever. Since i had uninstalled it mine has to update and all.)
Im in the updating stage so im not sure what will happen. (im new to commenting here btw) So ill update this post if anything else happens
gl;hf!

juancho114

03-08-2014

Skylis, you are a God amongst men.