aren't Lulu and Tresh over-powered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mid or Death

03-26-2013

I watched many progmers' games such as NCS NA, EU, and SWL2 etc. I feel there are so many matches that lulu and Thresh face each other. Also one of them is at least one game. Both chpams have so many advantage over other supporters from early lane to late game. Even though they are difficult champions, many gamers already got used to them. For me, it is very hard to beat them with other supporters. I believe these two champtions, lulu and thresh have huge advanatage over other supporters that's why many progamers pick them in the match. For tresh, his Q cooldown and mana cost should be increased. For lulu, her mana cost for all skill should be increased and her ult should have longer cooldown.

AskKarthus

03-26-2013

When you see pros doing the same thing, and with incredibly high win rates, even compared to other similar champions, then you can make a judgement call on how OP a champion is.

FlowyS

03-26-2013

It's only OP if you know what tactics to use to make the champion OP.

In the hands of a skilled master, anything can be a deadly weapon.

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Every champ has a weakness. Thresh has almost no way to improve his own survivability, so he is susceptible to getting caught. Lulu's kit is great...if you already have a chance at winning the fight. She's not good at turning a fight around, as opposed to Janna or Leona. People don't usually intend on ever losing, so they'll consistently plan on winning and snowballing. That's the real reason behind Lulu and Thresh; they're great for snowballing.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

What's a chpams?

Snowbi Wan

03-26-2013

Personally I don't agree that they are OP. Sure they are popular right now in a lot of pro matches, but that is more of a reflection the state of the current meta. And with 110 champions in LOL you are bound to have some eb and flow in the meta. I can guarantee that in a few months things will shift and Lulu/Thresh won't seem so fantastic.

I think an argument that X is OP should deal more with things that are disproportionately difficult/impossible to deal with. When AP Yi had that crazy AP scaling on his meditate that was OP. With a boatload of AP he could heal through anything. There's nothing you can do against that high AP scaling.

But to use Thresh as an example you could go for a strong bully lane to make it difficult for him to collect souls and make sure you positioning is spot on so he can't abuse your mistakes with his lantern/box.

Also there are other supports that are strong as well. Blitz has crazy initiate potential. If you're going to argue OP based on popularity Taric should probably be the candidate as he is all over the place. Janna and Sona are strong choices as well for poke/healing. Neither Thresh nor Lulu have a heal.

Rather than nerfing try and find creative ways to circumvent what makes Lulu/Thresh strong. If they are strong at one thing they have to be weak at another thing. Find that weakness and exploit it.