(Champion Concept) Eurybia - Guardian Angel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrummerTSherry

03-26-2013

Name: Eurybia

Kinda looks like this
Attachment 646052

Role: Support, Tank, ranged

Attachment 646066

General Information

Attack Damage - 50
Attack Damage per level - 3
Attack Speed - 0.60
Movement Speed - 330
Magic Resist - 30
Armor - 25
Armor per level - 4
Health Regen - 2.6
Health Regen per level - 0.50
Base Health - 560
Health per level - 80

Abilities: (all abilities are in basic attack range)
Eurybia uses "energy" to power her abilities. she gains energy by being in battle, dealing, and receiving damage. Her total is 100 energy and adds 10 for every level)

Passive - (Unforgiving)
Eurybia gains 0.1 health regen on assist and 0.15 on kill
If she lands a kill with an ability. the cost of energy is restored.

Q - (Statue)
Energy Cost - (20/26/32/37/40)- Cooldown (20/17/14/12/10)
Eurybia pulls a stone statue from the ground, it deals magic damage to nearby enemy champions (1.5/2/2.5/3) amount of seconds. The statue remains the field for (2/2.3/2.65/3) amount of minutes. There can only be 3 statues on the field, if a forth is cast the first one is destroyed. The statue is also used a gateway exit to her ultimate (R) ability.

W - (Fountain of youth)
Energy Cost - (40/40/50/60/70) - Cooldown (30/30/25/20/20) - (Passive) If a friendly champion used the fountian, Eurybia is given (5/10/15/20)% of health of the total amount of health regended by the friendly champ (Even applies if whole team used the fountain)
Eurybia pulls a stone fountain from the ground, if a friendly or enemy champion walks by and touches (No clicking involved) the fountain they gain back 10% of their total health bar. The fountain remains for (5/6/7/8/) seconds. The fountain can only be used once by the same champ every cast, but if it is used by a enemy champion, the fountain is broken and the champion is slowed down 75% decaying down to 20% over a period of 1.2 seconds

E - (Backstab)
Energy cost - (50/50/50/50) Cooldown - (20/17/15/12/10)
Eurybia targets a enemy champion and that champion is duplicated and returns 3 basic attack at 50% damage, at 3.0 attack speed on their nearest allied champ. If no champion is within basic attack range, the targeted enemy champ deals 1 basic attack on them self at 120% damage.
The enemy champ is giving 400 speed and is silenced for up to 2 seconds.(speed and silence is NOT given if countered)
To counter backstab, you must use any ability to kill the duplicate, but react fast before it hits you.

R - (The Gate)
Energy cost - (100/120/130) - Cooldown - (130/120/100) (Passive) if a fountain of youth is visible on screen while Eurybia is killed using the gate, she will revive at the fountain of youth (her W) with 30% health)
Eurybia plants herself down and opens up a gate within 1 second. Allie champions can click on the gate and teleport to another area. (Teleporting the champion takes the length of her ability and puts them in stasis mode. If Eurybia is killed while opening the gate, all allied champions will be removed from stasis and resume the game as normal) The nearest statue within 700 range will turn into the exit point, if no statue is present or within range, Eurybia is able to cast one within 575 range with no cost. If the summoner fails to cast a statue within the (4/5/6) second limit. All champs who have used the gate with be teleported at double basic attack range toward base or opposite of nearest visible enemy champ.
If champion is 75% - 100% health no shield is given.
If champ is 60% - 75% health, a shield adsorbing 250 magic/phsyical damage is given
If champ is 40% - 60% health, a shield adsorbing 325 magic/phsycial damage is given
if champ is 1% - 40% health, a shield adsorbing 400 magic/phsycial damage is given.

HingoftheKill

03-26-2013

Hmm. This is well fleshed out but there are a number of small things that could be improved. I really like the concept of her Q that she places statues around that deal AoE, or fountains that do healing.

About her passive, generally energy system do not count as part of a champion's passive. I think that it would be fine if she had an actual passive in addition to using energy. On the other hand, energy is usually a system reserved for Ninjas, and it provides a way to have an overall cooldown on ability usage rather than individual spell cooldowns. Other than her ult, the energy costs seem too low for it to really limit her. Is there a reason for her not to use mana?

The next big thing is that several of her abilities use mechanics that Riot tries to avoid. Her Gate ability as well as her Fountain require Eurybia's teammates to click on things in order for the ability to work. I'm also not sure how about the Backstab ability, because it is not intuitive to counter it - it could be considered anti-fun for a champion to attack himself. Finally, the passive on her ultimate is far too powerful, and seems to take away kills from the enemy without much justification. To clarify though, does she revive on the fountain of youth or the fountain (the altar where the shop is)? Either way, it would be like a zilean or trydamere ult on almost no cooldown.

As far as number values...

First of all, for base stats, all champions start with 30 Magic resist, and either have no scaling or 1.25/level scaling (there are two exceptions that get like .75/level). As a ranged champ, it is possible that shoudl would not have any scaling at all... unless you made her new passive into scaling MR/level.

For her E... it's a 1.5 second stun and deals the same damage at every level, I feel like there is no reason to level it up until late game. I think it would be smart on that ability (and maybe others) to have the energy cost start high, but lower if you rank it up, something like 70/65/60/55/50. On her ult, I think that the cooldown should decrease each level rather than increasing and there should be much more benefit to leveling it up in numbers or CD. Right now if I played this champion I would not level her ult past level 1, even at level 18.

Anyways, this is well written and has some interesting ideas. If you'd like, please give my champion a rate as well! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3003459

DrummerTSherry

03-26-2013

Thank you for taking the time to read this, it was just a late night idea that I had, thought it would be interesting.

Quote:
Other than her ult, the energy costs seem too low for it to really limit her. Is there a reason for her not to use mana?
I wanted to remove mana and use something different like Tryndamere's rage for example. I also thought that getting the "energy" would be a little harder to accumulate, hence putting a little more of a limit on her ability uses.

Quote:
it could be considered anti-fun for a champion to attack himself. Finally, the passive on her ultimate is far too powerful, and seems to take away kills from the enemy without much justification.
I just thought of a new way to counter her E and R. I will edit them in the main most!

For the general information I just jotted down the bassic, I will edit the rest in now,
Quote:
Right now if I played this champion I would not level her ult past level 1, even at level 18.
I actually meant to put the cool down scaling down, thanks for meaning that.

thanks again!

HingoftheKill

03-26-2013

I liked all of the changes! With the energy, I think I misunderstood because the resource that the ninjas use is also called "energy" although your resource uses a different system. It seems much better now. It would be great to have a ranged tank, and it would be interesting to see her leaving creepy statues all over the map!

The only thing I'm not sure about is that her E still needs to scale better. Because its damage is based on the enemy's damage, it scales on its own. There needs to be more incentive to leveling it up, such as damage and CC duration rather than just the bit of cooldown. Either that, or make the cooldown difference more significant, like 30/24/19/14/11

DrummerTSherry

03-26-2013

I changed up her E a little bit to be more effective. I want it to be kind of a pusher ability.
I'm content with the changes you helped me with, i appreciated your interest in my champ!