Problem : Points Per WIN/DEFEAT in Ranked !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KittenBoy

03-25-2013

Hello guys.I've decided to open this thread on forum because over 1 week i got a problem with POINTS in ranked games.2 Weeks ago i was silver 2,i got to silver 5 but this doesn't matter.The Problem is : i have like 200 total games in ranked and i was gettin' like 19-20 points per win and i think this is normal and 19-20 per lose.1 Week ago the problem started like i was gettin' 17 ,15 ,14 and now 7 points per win and 20-21-22 per lose,In this situation is like i can't get out of silver.It's impossible to win every game + if i win 6 and i lose 1 my points will just disappear.Also i got some friends that are havin' the same problem in Bronze.

If someone here knows why is this happenin' or where is the problem,if there is a solution for this problem i will appreciate so much.

KittenBoy

03-26-2013

bump #

ninjawerewulf

03-26-2013

What exactly is MMR....I'm finding that I'm having similar problems. I'm in bronze 1 and most of my teammates are silver 5. I'm on a 3 game win streak but my points per win have dropped from 20 for the first match to 17 down to 13. If it keeps dropping at this rate I will have to win like 10 more matches just to hit the promotion series.

AFKDoingHomework

03-26-2013

so we have to prove that we are better than what our elo from last season was by going thru the hell of going to a division series with 7-12ish points?

KittenBoy

03-27-2013

bump #

Must be changed somethin' in my opinion,in this way people that are gettin' 5 points per win in ranked they can't never leave a division.i mean they get 5 points per win and 20 per lose.It's really hard to pass ,Example : from bronze 5 to bronze 1,if you get like 5 points per win you will never get to bronze 1.you can't win GAME after game,it is impposible.and if you win 10-20 and lose 2 it's like annoyin',like wow this is makin' me to leave ranked.the system must be changed ,i mean the system of points .To be set at 19 per win and 19 per lose,or a number of points but to be equal with points of lose doesn't matter if you have 400 games played in ranked or 500 or 50.I mean if you have 400 wins and 440 losses to receive that amount of points per win and that amount of points per lose every time every game.

It's just my opinion ....don't know if it is a good idea but somethin' must be changed at the system of points in ranked game !

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-27-2013

So a bit more info on this,

What you're seeing is known as Clamping. Clamping only occurs for a very small margin of players whose MMR(ELO) is far lower than the expected MMR of the promotion Tier. This is done to ensure that players who advanced to the next tier are properly qualified for a permanent ranking change.

To compare it back to the old system, that would be like a 700 ELO player trying to get into Silver. Even with an awesome streak, the player would have still only gained about 200 ELO, which puts them at 900 ELO and still below Bronze. If they somehow have an amazing ungodly streak and make it to 1400 ELO for Silver, they can still drop back down.

With the new system, instead of going from 700 to 900, it gives the chance to earn enough LP to get into a promotion series, even if your MMR is lower than expected. In this case though, because you're still a bit lower than the Tier, it does make it much more challenging. The benefit of this though, is you can never drop back down.

Admittedly it can feel a little bit like a letdown in the new system because you can't see that you've raised your ELO, all you see is that you missed Silver. This is why Yegg and his team are working on tweaking the system so clamping won't feel quite as harsh. This will mostly be done through adjusting your early LP gains and losses so they're not as drastic when you get closer to 100 LP.

But in reality, you're still better off because you've been given the opportunity to shoot for silver even though you were no where near what you would have needed for Season 1 or Season 2.

The other plus is, winning games is still a major boost. They do significantly push up your MMR which will help lessen or eventually remove the clamping as you continue to move forward.