Aegis of the Legion is too powerful on ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

Senior Member

03-29-2013

*CoughSpiritVisagecough*
Hooray for CDR!

I personally think that MR itemization is fine.
You're trying to fix what ain't broke.

And if enemy Bulwarks are getting you down, grab an Abyssal Scepter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

Senior Member

03-29-2013

You focus too much on the MR part. It's not Bulwark itself that's the problem, it's Aegis of the Legion, hence why the thread is called "Aegis of the Legion is too powerful on ARAM" and not "Runic Bulwark is too powerful on ARAM".

Abyssal Scepter as an offensive option is inferior to Aegis/Bulwark as defensive options, though. It can be a good item, sure, but it's not nearly as close to being OP/being OP as Aegis/Bulwark.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zielmann

Senior Member

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
You focus too much on the MR part. It's not Bulwark itself that's the problem, it's Aegis of the Legion, hence why the thread is called "Aegis of the Legion is too powerful on ARAM" and not "Runic Bulwark is too powerful on ARAM".

Abyssal Scepter as an offensive option is inferior to Aegis/Bulwark as defensive options, though. It can be a good item, sure, but it's not nearly as close to being OP/being OP as Aegis/Bulwark.
In terms of an anti-defense item, Abyssal's aura actually takes away the entire Aegis aura, and then some. And it will cut through almost all of the Bulwark aura. Stick one on the person that's going to be in the middle of everything, and your team just spent 2650 gold to basically negate the other team's 3200 gold purchase (at least the MR portion of it). Now you're back on even footing, minus the relatively small flat amounts of armor/mr given directly to the carrier of the Bulwark.

The only issue with this, and I think that this is kinda where you're coming from, is that Abyssal doesn't just work on any champion. You'd need to have a good candidate to play as a tanky-AP, Or at least a tank that scales with AP, to make it feel like a worthwhile purchase for the champion. Aegis/Bulwark doesn't really have this feeling. Pretty much anybody can viably buy it for their team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

Senior Member

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
In terms of an anti-defense item, Abyssal's aura actually takes away the entire Aegis aura, and then some.
Why do people seem to think that the MR part of Aegis/Bulwark is the only part that matters? Anyway, the aura range on Abyssal is quite short. It's 700 range, that's just 50 more than Caitlyn autoattack range.

Quote:
The only issue with this, and I think that this is kinda where you're coming from, is that Abyssal doesn't just work on any champion. You'd need to have a good candidate to play as a tanky-AP, Or at least a tank that scales with AP, to make it feel like a worthwhile purchase for the champion. Aegis/Bulwark doesn't really have this feeling. Pretty much anybody can viably buy it for their team.
I think that Abyssal is not nearly as good an item as Bulwark. If the range was increased and the amount of MR reduced increased (and perhaps some armor shred as well), it would be closer. Also, as you mentioned, Abyssal is a lot more situational.