Support Feedski's Thread in General Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamKim

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpyder View Post
Who spends money on Dominion?
I don't know. Let's ask the guy who was keeping track of the development cost for Dominion.

Balloon Sale

03-27-2013

see attached

The Bitterness

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I bumped the main thread, and was less polite about it than I should have, but I'm with A Slime Appears on this one. Riot knows, they've known for ages. But I think it's less they don't care and more they don't have an answer that doesn't make them look like lying weasels. Whoever necro'd those old threads with Brakhar confirming we'd get ranked in early season 2 obviously fired up this community's anger and desperation. For likely one last time. Riot isn't going to respond though, not with a real answer. They're terrified of the truth, because the truth here is, "We lied to keep people interested and spending money on the game. We never had any plans to make Dominion a serious game mode, it was just something we made in response to the Dota 2 open beta to steal some of the wind from their announcement. We actually want to pull the plug on it, which is why we continue to ignore it while overhauling ARAM and promoting it instead."

I will donate a $50 RP card to the next DD prize pool if Feedski gets a serious red response with actual answers and a definitive answer on Dominion ranked. No I'm not just saying that, I will hold my word to that. But I won't have to.
Animegirl1998 is the person who brought back those old threads, to the best of my knowledge. But that player didn't re-open old wounds; for those of us that only play Dominion those wounds have been there and get re-opened with every patch.

The thing about ARAM/Proving Grounds/Howling Abyss and Twisted Treeline is that they play similar enough to Summoner's Rift for SR players to feel safe dipping their toes in those waters. It's not really a big shift despite those modes having their own legitimately different styles of play. Dominion is an altogether different map mode and I really think that it scares a lot of SR players. The reasons no doubt vary from things as simple as fear of trying something new to not being able to play well without a snowballed item set to not being able to break out of the mindset of SR in other modes.

Whatever the case is, the only thing that we know for sure is that (1) Dominion receives no real resources, (2) the person or (people?) in charge of Dominion have no real interest in the game mode and (3) there is a documented history of statements about Dominion that turn out to be a series of untruths when they are examined.

The silence is deafening.

Duelpower

03-28-2013

Okay I wanted to post this in here because I really don't want it being buried by GD bull****.

I was thinking about a few things this morning while having my morning coffee. The timing of all this is unreal, almost too good, too close to april 1st.

Feedski was bombarded last night upon login about the supposed talk Nome had with him. Turns out Nome hadn't talked to feedski in over a month. Feedski's reaction was "if Nome didn't say anything then I'm not either". Ok just put that part in the back of your mind for now.

Now on to "CHEW", the supposed game or game mode that is coming out soon. According to s@20 Riot had registered some CHEW related domains roughly 5 days ago. When they purchased the Dominion domains it was roughly a year before they were put to use with Dominion's release.

Next up? "Supremacy"!
What does Supremacy sound like to you? I know what it sounds like to me! Dominion! Yes I believe there is actually a Dominion rework coming soon(tm) and feedski's thread has everything to do with hyping it. Supremacy's domains were purchased 1 year ago (http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=29533).

My thought: I believe Supremacy will end up being the new name for Dominion. The domains were purchased (gasp) a year ago in April 2012. That's about how long it took for Riot to release Dominion originally. Definitely NOT 5 days after they purchased the site.

Probably a crackpot theory I know I know. I just gotta know what they are planning lol.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

OR they can be like blizzard and supremacy is an online card game!

Goldoche1337

03-28-2013

I bumped the Thread a couple of time this morning. I hope we get any response from Riot.

IronAegis

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
Okay I wanted to post this in here because I really don't want it being buried by GD bull****.

I was thinking about a few things this morning while having my morning coffee. The timing of all this is unreal, almost too good, too close to april 1st.

Feedski was bombarded last night upon login about the supposed talk Nome had with him. Turns out Nome hadn't talked to feedski in over a month. Feedski's reaction was "if Nome didn't say anything then I'm not either". Ok just put that part in the back of your mind for now.

Now on to "CHEW", the supposed game or game mode that is coming out soon. According to s@20 Riot had registered some CHEW related domains roughly 5 days ago. When they purchased the Dominion domains it was roughly a year before they were put to use with Dominion's release.

Next up? "Supremacy"!
What does Supremacy sound like to you? I know what it sounds like to me! Dominion! Yes I believe there is actually a Dominion rework coming soon(tm) and feedski's thread has everything to do with hyping it. Supremacy's domains were purchased 1 year ago (http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=29533).

My thought: I believe Supremacy will end up being the new name for Dominion. The domains were purchased (gasp) a year ago in April 2012. That's about how long it took for Riot to release Dominion originally. Definitely NOT 5 days after they purchased the site.

Probably a crackpot theory I know I know. I just gotta know what they are planning lol.
Well I hope this crackpot theory is true!

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

yeah, duel i said that a while ago tbh. i figure end of s3 we will see a remake like they did with TT. it's my hope at least... since there is no reason for them to be silent this long.

Duelpower

03-28-2013

It was the only way I could fit the pieces together to make any sense. :\ Hopefully I got some of it right.

wingstreet

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
It was the only way I could fit the pieces together to make any sense. :\ Hopefully I got some of it right.
haha, same man. i see no other reason to get zero information ever about dom. is anyone active in TT community? how was TT before the re-launch was announced? were they patching it at all or talking with the community?