Am I the only one who doesn't like this Trundle rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pazdingo

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Well, I personally like his ice troll look, but I'm sad that they're getting rid of his original gross runty model. It would have been better off adding this new model as a new ice troll champion imo.
However, I think we all kind of saw this coming, Morello has been complaining about Trundle being too disgusting since his launch. I like the gross look, and personally wish more champions were diseased and disgusting like Trundle is now. *news flash* not all champions need to be pretty, Morello.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

huhwhat

Senior Member

03-25-2013

He looked fine, just lacked any attention as in not having new skins...also a problem: release skins sucked: Trash-man, baseball player...Not sure why they didn't go for more "trollish" skins, and then went with the flavor/silly skins later on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexapus

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summonyourself View Post
Well, I personally like his ice troll look, but I'm sad that they're getting rid of his original gross runty model. It would have been better off adding this new model as a new ice troll champion imo.
However, I think we all kind of saw this coming, Morello has been complaining about Trundle being too disgusting since his launch. I like the gross look, and personally wish more champions were diseased and disgusting like Trundle is now. *news flash* not all champions need to be pretty, Morello.
Exactly! If this had been a new Troll champion, I would have been all for it. That would have been cool, because we could see another Troll who is the complete opposite of Trundle in every way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexapus

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhat View Post
He looked fine, just lacked any attention as in not having new skins...also a problem: release skins sucked: Trash-man, baseball player...Not sure why they didn't go for more "trollish" skins, and then went with the flavor/silly skins later on.
Oh, my friend ironically gifted both skins to me because I was so vocal about how stupid they were... I should have known better. At least it was Trundle under those ridiculous get-ups.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyBACON View Post
Hehe, you sound like how I first (and still sort of do) feel about the Karma remake. Oh well here's to the "should of'" and "could of''s". I feel you.

As an aside, I personally was hoping they would have changed trundle's lore to explain the origin of Varus' blight. I mean they share a similar theme of being corrupted, it seemed only natural, It would make trundle's disease cool looking and they could cover up trundle's unappealing exposed muscle with the blight.
Just to point out... it's "should have", and "could have's"... no "should of", and "could of's".

I'm never quite sure if this is a typo, or if some people think it actually is of, and not have, being said, in the phrase, "should have".

For example. "I should have listened to you. I could have gone yesterday. You could have won." etc. etc. etc.

Yet you people are writing, "I should of listened to you. I could of gone yesterday. You could of won."

Which, if you read the words, doesn't even make sense. I guess you are hearing people use the contraction, "should've", the combination of should and have, and then phonetically hearing it in your mind as "should of". But really, it's embarrassing. Get it right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-25-2013

I found Trundle to be a rather likeable character with the interesting backstory of an unappreciated and rejected hero.

I'd much rather they have made a different Troll champion that was big, strong, and handsome by their standards: but this looks like scrapping Trundle's well-developed character for some boring stereotype.

(It would have made for a great contrast if Trundle and this new model were different champions.)

As far as stories to tell, what was keeping Trundle form developing under his old lore?

Could some more virtuous individuals have accepted him for what he is?

Couldn't he have traveled further to seek a cure, and met others on the way?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinnakoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-25-2013

You know that south park episode where George Lucas and Stephen Speilburg rape Indiana Jones and a Storm Trooper?

That's what's happening now, just with Riot being Goerge Lucas and the stormtrooper being any gross/under appreciated champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexapus

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
I found Trundle to be a rather likeable character with the interesting backstory of an unappreciated and rejected hero.

I'd much rather they have made a different Troll champion that was big, strong, and handsome by their standards: but this looks like scrapping Trundle's well-developed character for some boring stereotype.

(It would have made for a great contrast if Trundle and this new model were different champions.)

As far as stories to tell, what was keeping Trundle form developing under his old lore?

Could some more virtuous individuals have accepted him for what he is?

Couldn't he have traveled further to seek a cure, and met others on the way?
Yes. This. So much. God. YES. THANK YOU.

There was a bunch of potential for many characters to be involved with his lore. Maybe the necromancer who cursed his tribe to begin with? Perhaps an older, more rugged Troll who bullied Trundle during childhood? There was so much potential! I was so sure when Trundle came out that it would be the start of an interesting arc for stories to come, but... yeah, no.

This can only lead to several assumptions:
1) The writing team just does not care enough to stretch their creativity, or perhaps they're not allowed to. That kind of thing happens.
2) Riot only knows how to market "attractive" characters. I don't feel like I need to elaborate on that one.

I do not like assuming such things, believe me. But after seeing this, is it really so impossible to fall to that line of thought?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-25-2013

If we that do not like this rework are a minority, let us be a vocal minority.

Trundle as he was in his old lore was one of the most memorable LoL characters for me, and one I felt uniquely sympathetic towards.

The new troll looks like a boring stereotype in comparison.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-25-2013

I hate it with a passion. Karma's update I mildly adjusted to with distaste but this feels like an outright butchor since we're not just talking clothes and weapon but body type and lore far more drastically.

I wouldn't mind if this was another troll but it's not Trundle.