Am I the only one who doesn't like this Trundle rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

type1Rush

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexapus View Post
Well... I don't quite agree with your wording, but your general idea is true enough. That seems to be the main reason why no one played him: because he was ugly. Well, a lot of monstrous species in fiction are ugly. Not everything can be attractive. And besides, those are human values. But Trundle's backstory showed that he was a three-dimensional character beyond his unpleasant appearance. I REALLY liked that. He's not good, not bad, just a guy who is sick of always getting the short end of the stick. That's relatable! Literally anyone can identify with that to some degree.

But no, he needs to be big and strong and handsome and a KING so people like him. Right, of course.
Incoming Urgot "update"

I can already tell its coming.. =/..

Masque

03-25-2013

Small runty diseased troll? Genuine weakness and LACK of ferocity? what the hell lore are you reading because in his current lore he is literally the most Powerful troll in his whole tribe with regenerative abilities so far beyond any other troll that he can take a curse for his entire race unto himself. So while Ill admit he suppose to look degenerate since his power is fighting off the curse of hundreds or thousands ( I dont know how big his clan is) Nothing about his lore is as you have suggested, other than perhaps the diseased part and that he looks somewhat less diseased now. Thats about the only thing I would agree on

Hexapus

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
Sorry to tell you, the drastic overhaul was definitely needed.
Why, exactly? Tell me, what was "wrong" with Trundle? Don't mention gameplay, just strictly as a character. What did Riot do wrong the first time around?

Darkvoltinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

i believe riot said they were disappointed in what they did with trundle. either way. its fine with me. i am just glad they brought lore back

The One Soraka

03-25-2013

Quote:
As a writer, I find Morello's excuse BEYOND half-assed and incredibly frustrating.
I seriously doubt you're published, which is what makes you a writer.

I mean, by the same token, I could say 'i'm an eater' and waltz into a high class restaurant and then pull a Gordon Ramsey "WHAT IS THIS SH!T YOU'RE SERVING???? IT'S ABSOLUTE _RUBBISH_!!!!!" but I won't get millions of dollars and a TV show, i'll likely just get tossed out.

PhoenixSlayer13

03-25-2013

I honestly just feel like far too much has been changed. Changes to Karma were ok in my book, but this is going too far. Just my opinion.

Dr Snapped

03-25-2013

Quote:
Snip

No, OP, you are not alone. I didn't care about lore for a long time after I first started, but I was bored one day, did some reading, and found League of Legends' lore very fascinating.

Then the Katarina rework happened, and I saw how they butchered it into "PASSION."

Then Jayce was made, representing someone's terrible fanfiction character.

Then Diana was made, with her struggle being that she made the turnofthecentury decision to tell the SUN PEOPLE that she worships THE MOON.

Then Syndra was made, with a mind-bogglingly boring story of "I'm strong and evil and like power and people rightfully sought to kill me and I like power." That's children's fairytale-level character right there, and yet a hydra champion was scrapped because it would "just be another monster?" Well GEE, glad to see we're not being hypocritical or anything (yes, I'm still bitter)!

Then Zed was made, being yet character of fanfiction quality, coming out of nowhere to force himself into a relationship with the preestablished Shen, and forcing the latter's lore to be reworked to accomodate it.

Then Nami was made, where they didn't even say WHY she joined the League - her lore just sort of ends.

Then Thresh was made, where he basically stole Hecarim's shtick as the grim reaper.

Then ZAC was revealed, and his lore is so horiffically hackneyed that I dare say it single-handedly eliminated any doubt that Riot has given up.

And that brings us to "Trundle." You have worded your complaint far better than I could have, Hexapus. This isn't Trundle.

ASYLUM101

03-25-2013

Quote:
Why, exactly? Tell me, what was "wrong" with Trundle? Don't mention gameplay, just strictly as a character. What did Riot do wrong the first time around?
Summoning the ugliest ***** ever, an ult that was hardly visible, and a look that is comparable to mud.

Seriously, I love trundle but how can anyone think it's fine to leave a character looking like he came out of an N64 game?

TheScholarlyDude

03-25-2013

Funny how many of you cry about Riot changing his lore, but don't anything about his lore other than what he looks like.

Stop referring to him as some weak troll.... he wasn't.... in fact his new look fits more with his original lore.

PS - "as a writer" that guy got me laughing. I guess we're all writers then lol!

Hexapus

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Small runty diseased troll? Genuine weakness and LACK of ferocity? what the hell lore are you reading because in his current lore he is literally the most Powerful troll in his whole tribe with regenerative abilities so far beyond any other troll that he can take a curse for his entire race unto himself. So while Ill admit he suppose to look degenerate since his power is fighting off the curse of hundreds or thousands ( I dont know how big his clan is) Nothing about his lore is as you have suggested, other than perhaps the diseased part and that he looks somewhat less diseased now. Thats about the only thing I would agree on
"His decision to bear the burden of disease never changed the fact that he was the runt. Nothing he ever did would change that."

He was bullied by his tribe before and after bearing the curse. Compared to other trolls - who are probably bigger and stronger than him - he is technically a weakling.