Am I the only one who doesn't like this Trundle rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad Hit Monkey

03-27-2013

Knowing his gameplay is only really getting a quality of life update, answer me this one:

Are you going to stop playing Trundle after the Relaunch?

If yes, then so be it. If not, you're wasting everyone's time with this thread.

Vahnenn

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hit Monkey View Post
Knowing his gameplay is only really getting a quality of life update, answer me this one:

Are you going to stop playing Trundle after the Relaunch?

If yes, then so be it. If not, you're wasting everyone's time with this thread.
So voicing opinions on what riot does is a waste of time?

What if someone was to stop playing trundle because of this relaunch taking away a character they enjoyed, why does their opinion suddenly not matter?

And what is to say that his gameplay is only getting a quality of life update, they said they weren't going to take away trundle's original look/character, but they went back on that statement by doing this relaunch (and the traditional trundle skin does not qualify as keeping his original look).

Mad Hit Monkey

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahnenn View Post
So voicing opinions on what riot does is a waste of time?

What if someone was to stop playing trundle because of this relaunch taking away a character they enjoyed, why does their opinion suddenly not matter?

And what is to say that his gameplay is only getting a quality of life update, they said they weren't going to take away trundle's original look/character, but they went back on that statement by doing this relaunch (and the traditional trundle skin does not qualify as keeping his original look).
I'm not saying you're wrong for voicing your opinion, but the issue I have is that the response from this group of Trundle fans is so vehemently full of outrage, that you're putting yourself into a corner once the relaunch is released.

Once Nu-Trundle is released, and you play the guy, you have to either change your mind, and say 'the Relaunch is not that bad', or maintain the 'RUINED FOREVER' stance and give him up due to how much he has changed to you.

If you keep playing him, despite believing that he's RUINED FOREVER, you'll set yourselves up for a brand of hypocrisy that will make everyone else want to slam their heads into their desks for how dumb you've behaved about it.

Also, Grumpy Munky explicitly said that it was QoL update in the main Trundle Thread. This is not something they'd flip flop on when they're much closer to the actual Relaunch.

woopyfrood

03-27-2013

Preach, OP!

I want my gangly outcast back.

Quote:
If you keep playing him, despite believing that he's RUINED FOREVER, you'll set yourselves up for a brand of hypocrisy that will make everyone else want to slam their heads into their desks for how dumb you've behaved about it.
So you're saying we need to boycott the Troll King in order to get our points across?

Done. I'll miss his debuffer playstyle to high heaven, though, but it's not the gameplay I have to fight for. It's the art.

Neonfox

03-27-2013

Bump

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

Still hate it strongly. Waiting for him to be put on the PBE so we can be allowed to express our opinions and be responded to with a comment besides wait and see. Otherwise, I'm just diligently following the feedback storm and hoping Riot decides to do right by Trundle in the end (while playing him yet for good measure)

Apocagenocitis

03-27-2013

Quote:
Also, Grumpy Munky explicitly said that it was QoL update in the main Trundle Thread. This is not something they'd flip flop on when they're much closer to the actual Relaunch.
No he says they are giving him a new story, not to mention how stupid his new model looks.

Mad Hit Monkey

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocagenocitis View Post
No he says they are giving him a new story, not to mention how stupid his new model looks.
You missed the part where I was responding to the accusation that his gameplay is being altered drastically, when that aspect is only receiving QoL.

Besides, the only reason doesn't look like the gangly and goofy runt of the litter now is because they changed the size of his head in relation to his torso.
Really, look at that head. It's Ginormous..

Yes, the new Traditional Trundle looks not unlike a WoW Troll... But so what? He's got the same feet, the same hands. His exposed muscles looks cleaner, but with a higher resolution model how would it not?

I'm not going to lie, I don't really play Trundle since his playstyle doesn't quite grock well with me, and while I do like his story and all, I'm not clinging to dear life on it. Games evolve, stories evolve, retcon or no. This is the evolution of the game, not a personal slap in the face of the fans.

Morello doesn't hate you, he doesn't hate Trundle. They respect Trundle enough to give the Traditional Trundle Skin to you. This is a nice thing that Riot is trying to do for EVERYONE, not just one group or the other. EVERYONE.

It's reactions like this that are the reason Riot doesn't like dealing with the Forumites as often as you want them to.

OhhhhLongJohnson

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexapus View Post
Wow turkeyBACON. No, really. That is legitimately better than what Riot has done. They could have had an incredibly cool "unlikely duo" thing going. They're two champions that already exist, and they both help each other to their own ends. One's tall, dark and handsome, and the other is short, diseased and ugly. They could have gotten a "Buddy Cop" skin thing going! God. I just... HATE needlessly drastic overhauls in anything.

Things change. Get used to it.

Mad Hit Monkey

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by woopyfrood View Post
Preach, OP!

I want my gangly outcast back.

So you're saying we need to boycott the Troll King in order to get our points across?

Done. I'll miss his debuffer playstyle to high heaven, though, but it's not the gameplay I have to fight for. It's the art.
INB4 you give him a shot anyway.