(Factions) Summoner Kitae! Summoner Runaan! The League calls!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

UPDATE: Riot Taco Storm and Riot Baconhawk have both (!) declared for Piltover! http://redd.it/1blthe

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We've crossed the 2000 Summoners line, triggering the addition of a fifth faction. The community poll has selected the Freljord as the fifth faction.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I know you two play LoL. Why not play a couple matches to support a community lore-gameplay fusion project? Signing up doesn't obligate you to do anything; it just allows you to drop in on matches and all-chat BLOOD FOR NOXUS or whatever.

Summoner Kitae! Summoner Runaan! The Council sends an urgent dispatch regarding the Mirrorwater dispute. Demacia, Ionia, Noxus, and Piltover each seek your magical might and tactical prowess.

~ ~ ~

www.leaguefactions.net

Inspired by the Ionia versus Noxus game Riot held way back when, as well as subsequent efforts from a number of Summoners to arrange a similar community-run event, I've launched a proof-of-concept Factions system.

This system has a few basic components.

• Each Summoner declares for a faction. Over 1400 Summoners have signed up since it opened a couple weeks ago.
  • I ran a community poll to decide on the four starting factions. (I wanted to keep it limited, to make sure people weren't too spread out to have matches regularly. Besides, a small number of starting factions makes it easier to learn the dynamics between them.) The winners were: Demacia, Ionia, Noxus, and Piltover.
  • Each faction has a specified roster of Champions, chosen for lore and gameplay reasons. These rosters are kept somewhat constrained, to encourage innovative gameplay and maintain a cohesive thematic image.
  • Matches happen whenever there are enough people. The "Factions" chat is the main organizing area.
  • Screenshots of completed matches are submitted to me. (100+ so far!) I score them and update faction rankings based on outcomes. I make rough adjustments to match value based on a formula that considers average skill level (e.g. Tier) of the teams as well as faction standings.
  • I am organizing "showmatches" that are worth extra points, will be scheduled in advance, and will be streamed and shoutcasted.
  • A winner will be declared on May 1. This will determine the outcome of the (pretendy, non-canon, etc.) story arc.

Declare for a faction here: FACTION DECLARATION

Signing up doesn't obligate you to play any particular matches. It just allows you to participate. And for you two, I think, just the sign-up will give a huge morale boost to your faction(s).

Montesque64

03-25-2013

Of course, being the smart, well-connected, and beautiful people you are, you will of course be inclined to declare your support for the incomparable state of Noxus. Do not fight this impulse, as it is only natural to be attracted to true power!

I really hope one or both of them see this, lol.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montesque64 View Post
Of course, being the smart, well-connected, and beautiful people you are, you will of course be inclined to declare your support for the incomparable state of Noxus.
I agree with this entire sentence save the last word.

DEMACIA!

Torias Kane

03-25-2013

MUNDO SAY NOT JOIN NOXUS!

Mundo note that Mundo have alterior motive, as Mundo want chance to pound you into goo.

FabulousJeremy

03-25-2013

They will be blood for noxus one way or the other - standing at our side or at our feet.

Naked Malzahar

03-25-2013

Witness the might of ZAUN!

...Oh wait, no Zaun. Sad face.

Renekton Bot

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Malzahar View Post
Witness the might of ZAUN!

...Oh wait, no Zaun. Sad face.
We got our prism shard already, **** everything else.

CupcakeTrap

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
We got our prism shard already, **** everything else.
Ahri wants mirrorwater perfume.

mi ramfan

03-27-2013

Balance dictates that you fight for Ionia. Our ways are the only path to enlightenment.

CupcakeTrap

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi ramfan View Post
Balance dictates that you fight for Ionia. Our ways are the only path to enlightenment.
Don't make me come over there and teamfight you.