Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Then there are relaunches, where the character can be evolved from all aspects, lore gameplay and art. Karma was our first. Trundle is qualifying as a relaunch since his new base is different enough from his old base to warrant the "traditional" skin.

I maintain that Karma didn't have anything that kept old Karma alive. At least in her first incarnation. At least Trundle has a goofy run and a giant club apparently.

I'll wait to see him in game and animated. I have very mixed feelings from 2d work. Though I totally get where your going with icetroll. Themeing out all the walls with slow effects as ice isn't a bad idea.

I suppose voice over is another important quandary. Is it still going to be Trundle's old voice?

Thessalonike

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
Your arguments really have no cohesion. Let the character grow? Options have been given. Riot chose not to develop his slice of the world. It's why those smaller untouched regions outside of the typical human cities and Bandle City drew such talk. This is pretty much an easy route out while trying to adjust what they see as a cost liability in their game. Not even a year ago there was a big outcry at Morello for calling Trundle a mistake. It's why when the VU was announced devoted Trundle fans offered input and mentioned what skin they would buy. They did this as an easy way out.

You mention runt like it was a limiter. I suppose we should make yordles buff? How about Annie? Everything can have equal threat. Trundle had both components of a joke and serious character much like Mundo or Cho'Gath. He worked in League as is. We're complaining because this could be simply another troll. It's far too drastically gone.
Yes opinions have been given just like many devoted Sejuani fans gave opinions.

Where is the lack of cohesion? I mention runt isn't a limiter unlike the other player who keeps saying he is a runt, a runt, a runt.

Who said all that is being changed with Trundle? Don't you think he had a revelation when he was like.. no screw em I'll keep the curse? You think the curse is pain? How about trying to be loved or wanted and sacrificing yourself for your entire tribe only to be cast aside in a matter of weeks? Ya screw em! If some witch said I can help and you can rule I see no reason he wouldn't take it.

Edvard Rubeartis

03-27-2013

I have no idea. Riot is not currently logged on, and if they are, they haven't said anything for about 300 posts. I'm beginning to wonder if they still love me. ;_;

Out of a company full of people...

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMYKRMCXYZiggs View Post
Like I said in my edit, I stated what I did because whether his tribe ever resorts to cannibalism is inconclusive. It was my hope for Riot to change this part of Trundle's lore if they fully commit to the Trundle reboot.

[Edit from my previous post]

Seems some members of the forum have come up with their own conclusions of what the lore is saying about Trolls of Valoran. True, it is said that Trundle's tribe is said to be undeserving of the attack that befell them by the necromancer and they are the more mild mannered brethren of the troll race.

Still, the lore is ambiguous as to how far apart in nature the trolls are from each other. We are talking about fictitious races with no real definition until someone from Riot states otherwise. Besides humans or terran, most races are considered homogenous from the get go until otherwise said. It is unsettling to know trolls cannibalize and are separated from other intelligent races (whatever that means). If Trundle's tribe are so different from the rest of the trolls why is there no mention of them getting along with other races? It doesn't help that Trundle has the ability to bite other champsions in game. Some may assume that Trundle can resort to cannibalism towards his enemies.

Of course, I make speculations like the rest of the forum about how the lore is interpreted. But keep in mind that there is little to work with in terms of the what defines the trolls of Valoran since there isn't much troll lore. I have read the lore. And to conclude that cannibalism is out of the question because Trundle's tribe is "more genteel" and undeserving of their grisly fate can only be opinion.

I understand the emotional bonds that players have formed with the champion Trundle. I want like him and play him as well. However, parts of his lore is ambiguous and undefined at best. Bordering on traits that deplorable. Why do trolls even cannibalize to begin with? Is in their nature? Do they have a shortage of food? Trundle's splash sets him in jungle or swamp. Their should be plenty of game in those parts. Why resort to cannibalism in the first place? With the inclusion of Quinn's journals maybe more light can shed upon the mysteries of Valoran and Trundle's tribe.

I only stated what I did in hopes that Riot would change this part of Trundle's lore for the better. If Riot fully commits with the Trundle reboot, his lore may better define what trolls are fully capable of. Quinn's journal has already released bits about whats up with Trundle and the trolls that he leads. So far they portrayed in a antagonistic light.

Did Quinn judge too quickly when she observed the Troll King? Is there more to Trundle than meets the eye? Only time will tell.
Since the worst behavior noted in Trundle's lore is bullying, it seems unlikely.

The other mention of the Ruhgosk tribe is in JoJ 10, where some Ruhgosk trolls are found "raiding", which seems to have involved no fighting and been a simple matter of grabbing stuff and running away.

(People are shaking their fists at them, but there are no signs of a fight.)

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...ovember-20-cle

On a side note, the Ruhgosk tribe is stated to have been known for their intelligence in cunning (likely only by troll standards).

Trundle is noted to be helping his tribe drive out other troll tribes out of their ancient lands.

They could just make a new troll from a different tribe: heck, there would be grounds for a rivalry with Trundle.

Galgus

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
Yes you are using lore to define his physical appearance, but you are focusing on his childhood. What about his appearance? Does he not look like a troll? Body shape defines body language? You are judging everything on a troll dance. Wasn't it said he will keep his troll walk?

You want him to be a runt, but he is in the league! Fighting the greatest warriors from his planet to the void and places beyond. You don't want rags to riches, ugly duckling or anything, you would rather believe a runt is going against Jax.
A runt troll that can literally rot Jax's flesh off and steal his strength and vitality.

Galgus

03-27-2013

Quote:
It's only a different character if you don't let him grow. If you don't like possible upcoming lore that's fine, shoehorned or whatever you may find it. But if its Trundle then its Trundle.

A runt of his own kind? So all these greater trolls on this world are unstoppable? Heck if a runt can take on Jax, void masters, great inventors,aliens etc then Demacia, Noxus and all better be glad nothing has happened and put aside differences real quick. Trundle was the runt but held power none of the other trolls had. You seem to be making the story work for you while ignoring the rest of the universe.
What? If they scrap his old lore, its a different character with the old name.

It might not be a bad new character, but reusing the name doesn't make it the same thing.

Reybag

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Since the worst behavior noted in Trundle's lore is bullying, it seems unlikely.

The other mention of the Ruhgosk tribe is in JoJ 10, where some Ruhgosk trolls are found "raiding", which seems to have involved no fighting and been a simple matter of grabbing stuff and running away.

(People are shaking their fists at them, but there are no signs of a fight.)

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...ovember-20-cle

On a side note, the Ruhgosk tribe is stated to have been known for their intelligence in cunning (likely only by troll standards).

Trundle is noted to be helping his tribe drive out other troll tribes out of their ancient lands.

They could just make a new troll from a different tribe: heck, there would be grounds for a rivalry with Trundle.
didnt know that journal of justice article ,i like how at the pic all trolls look similar to real trundle and none of them are bodybuilders
this remake should be other champion , from the ice trolls .he is all the oposite trundle is ,big ,strong ,a king.if was another champion will be awesome because may be trundle enemy

Muranodo

03-27-2013

Quote:
Yes opinions have been given just like many devoted Sejuani fans gave opinions.

Where is the lack of cohesion? I mention runt isn't a limiter unlike the other player who keeps saying he is a runt, a runt, a runt.

Who said all that is being changed with Trundle? Don't you think he had a revelation when he was like.. no screw em I'll keep the curse? You think the curse is pain? How about trying to be loved or wanted and sacrificing yourself for your entire tribe only to be cast aside in a matter of weeks? Ya screw em! If some witch said I can help and you can rule I see no reason he wouldn't take it.
Sejuani is getting an update because the bikini never a great deal of sense. She's not being turned into what looks like an adaptation from the fire/ice skin line that popped up and still pops up. There's a difference between clothes based off the environment you were originally released in versus a body type change that makes you look nothing like yourself.

Your arguments lack cohesion because you say consider this and give unequal examples. Sejuani is human. Trundle is a monster that is of a small niche in terms of disgusting is gross and there won't be any of him anymore. Paying for another champion to get another similar theme maybe down the road isn't okay with me. As for that story twist, they could do that yes but you are presenting a possibillity. They could have done countless other ones like back in the day of JoJ. Malphite and Maokai had a connection. Trundle couldn't connect with others and have additional stories solely based off region? That's an excuse, sorry.

The runt matter is mentioned continually because he looks flat out like he's on roids.

Thessalonike

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
What? If they scrap his old lore, its a different character with the old name.

It might not be a bad new character, but that doesn't mean its the same thing just because they reused a name.
If what? What scrap?

MyFatHornyTurtle

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
I love that new Trundle design. Ice powers is something I'd like to have. Leprosy? Not so much.
well go play anivia, ashe, nunu, or sijuani, and leave the leprosy powered troll to us "weird" peeps