Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyFatHornyTurtle

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
looks cool and all but that aint trundle, looks more like trundles cousin from the north frostburn

L Rayquaza

03-26-2013

thanks for the new computer background

Numot

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fioret View Post
I was wondering... will Junkyard Trundle (Once upgraded) still be a leprosy troll or a new frost troll?

For some reason, I find it hard to picture a northern Frost Trolls covered in junkyard garbage from civilized places.
Why, Nunu is a yeti and he has a skin that is the same way.

Autocthon

03-26-2013

So I have couple questions...

Will "Traditional" Trundle retain his current voice over? That's, like, 90% of the reason I play trundle!

And is it possible for traditional trundle to retain his current skill icons and names? I understand that that might not be possible, but I feel that many Trundle players play him for his theming and as long as it's possible there isn't the danger of "character confusion" that would be present normally in giving skins alternate icons. We've played trundle, we love trundle, and so giving us a little slice of skill bar nostalgia would be nice

Taliesin

03-26-2013

TRUNDLE SKIN TRUNDLE SKIN TRUNDLE SKlN TRUNDLE UPDATE QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS NEW TRUNDLE LORE VISUAL UPDATE I AM SO EXCITED YOU GUYS

EDIT: OR YOU CAN **** ALL OVER MY GENUINE EXCITEMENT REGARDING MY FAVORITE CHAMPION WITH DOWNVOTES THAT WORKS TOO

Tortferngatr

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Let me clear that up, in that .gif he is doing the "troll dance" in the animations the animators distorted his face for comic effect. I assure you he doesnt look like that when he is running around (on all threes, yes he still has the trundle run ) bashing dudes with his club.
So he still has the hilarious "haters gonna hate" flavor, he just looks more capable of wrecking your **** if you're not careful?

I.e. a synthesis of BOTH of the "troll" archetypes (hulkingly strong monster/self-aware internet troll reference)?

Take ALL the monies.

Mirana Arashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
So this is something we addressed with Karma's relaunch and maybe we ca do better job messaging this, but there are different tiers of reworks.

There are visual upgrades like nidalee, soraka, Annie, where only art assets are changed.

Then there are reworks like twisted fate where we change the look and the lore, but gameplay is largely unaffected.

Then there are relaunches, where the character can be evolved from all aspects, lore gameplay and art. Karma was our first. Trundle is qualifying as a relaunch since his new base is different enough from his old base to warrant the "traditional" skin.
Wasn't Katarina the first Relaunch? (Since she got an updated model/particles , change on gameplay , and new lore)

Tortferngatr

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
With some new names for spells and rewritting for tooltips, all skills are good.

Q - Frostbite.
W - Ice Rink. (you get the idea)
E - Iceberg.
R - Heat Sucker.

How is that not working ?
It came in my mind in like 2sec when i saw his new default skin. -_-
Titanic Trundle, roit plz.

Epichuntarz

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
There is so much of the Freljord Quinn has yet to see, and she has already encountered trolls! What started as a simple reconnaissance mission seems to be turning into something more sinister. This worries me - what else might she find on her travels?

I dare not utter my worst fears. If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!
Will she every visit the part of the Freljord that makes her a good champion?

Bolby

03-26-2013

WTF Trundle's origin was actually half decent in comparison to most champions. The skin design was appropriate as well...... The only reason this is happening is because he isn't aesthetically "Pretty" or lacks breasts.