Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DONGCART

Senior Member

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafiler View Post
Considering it's Morello that said it, and he's on record saying that Kog'Maw, Trundle, and Skarner's designs are some of the teams worst mistakes, I think he might actually be serious.
I'd like a link to this, because all three of those champs are some of my favorites design-wise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deafiler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONGCART View Post
I'd like a link to this, because all three of those champs are some of my favorites design-wise.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2152635


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeikyuHaste

Senior Member

03-26-2013

Quote:
I fail to see how Kogmaw is a mistake...I can see Skarner getting a visual update, but Kogmaw?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SteelerKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
My feelings exactly. Skin thread asking for thoughts and what we like about Trundle was a joke.
You're a minority. And if a minority gives the direction, then a majority is gonna be dissatisfied.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatJuggahole

Member

03-26-2013

People who didn't play trundle before will continue to not play him

People who did play trundle before will continue to play him but be dissatisfied with his new look

good job


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlightlySuicidal

Member

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerKing View Post
You're a minority. And if a minority gives the direction, then a majority is gonna be dissatisfied.
and the majority has 100+ other generic looking champs to play.

the minority has 2 ugly ones and only 1 trundle.

that seems pretty fair.

i think what bugs people the most is that riot would chime in on the forums "what do players like about trundle" which created long ass threads with lots of legitimate feedback. however, none of it appears to have been even considered. we were told that the ugliness wasn't going anywhere nor was the disease part of his kit.

edit: id also like to point out that the majority of cable news watchers watch foxnews and the majority of pre-teenagers like justin bieber - the majority isn't always the right direction for long term thinking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaddar

Senior Member

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJuggahole View Post
People who didn't play trundle before will continue to not play him

People who did play trundle before will continue to play him but be dissatisfied with his new look

good job

give him a stun somewhere and his pick rate will go up 1000%


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ophirr

Senior Member

03-26-2013

I keep seeing a lot of discontent with the new Trundle, but I think people are ignoring the positives. First of all, this is an example of riots commitment to making lore into something besides brain dead bios that we see in many MOBA, into the actual world of Runeterra. Now more than ever champions are relating to one another and to places/factions. Trundle is now connected not only to Friej lord, but also to his faction of trolls, and possibly the tyranny of the ice witch. And have any of you thought about what Trundle's new cause is? Why is he going to fight in the league, what does he represent? His old lore and character se great narratives and stories (I've posted in the lore section about it numerous times), but i think his new characcharacter will be able to push lore even further


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vongeo

Senior Member

03-26-2013

Riot Values Pretty over there lore.

Bastards


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaddar

Senior Member

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophirr View Post
I keep seeing a lot of discontent with the new Trundle, but I think people are ignoring the positives. First of all, this is an example of riots commitment to making lore into something besides brain dead bios that we see in many MOBA, into the actual world of Runeterra. Now more than ever champions are relating to one another and to places/factions. Trundle is now connected not only to Friej lord, but also to his faction of trolls, and possibly the tyranny of the ice witch. And have any of you thought about what Trundle's new cause is? Why is he going to fight in the league, what does he represent? His old lore and character se great narratives and stories (I've posted in the lore section about it numerous times), but i think his new characcharacter will be able to push lore even further

His old lore is (was) amazing, the discontent it's about the "we can't tell stories about him with his current (old) lore", attitude that (oiously) gets people to think "thus we are heaving the old lore out of a window"

truth is YES, YOU CAN expand the story using the old (current) one as a base.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3263613

Most people are afraid his "new lore" will ignore the old one completely and just go for a full retcon. (which would be a bit lazy, TBH)