Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reybag

03-26-2013

seems at riot everyone are fans of jersey shore

Olimar1000

03-26-2013

ummmmm...April fools...maybe....

ZeroSoulreaver

03-26-2013

Hmm black spikes? I wonder if the Eve rework will have any part in this. It's possible at this point.

Aacey

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
what’s this…? Is this… a troll?

What’s a troll doing in the freljord? Are we… trolling you?

[aws3]news/march_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/newtrundledance.gif[/aws3]

on a more serious note, some of you will probably guess that if there’s a troll and he’s wielding a club… it’s trundle! So we wanted to give you a taste of what’s to come, namely trundle’s relaunch and his reimagining in the icy north.

While old trundle certainly had a unique narrative and visual design, we always felt he was disconnected from the rest of the world. This inhibited the number of stories we could tell with trundle and, well, we want to tell stories about him. Trundle’s upcoming changes include a gameplay update (more of a quality improvement than a rework – similar in scope to our taric changes in [url2="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeh8hzgi3sc&t=01m57s"]3.03[/url2]), a new ice-themed aesthetic (if you couldn’t guess), and a new story that ties trundle to the brewing conflict in the freljord.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks, because we’ve got plans for trundle – not to mention that trundle has plans of his own!

You’ll have to wait to hear more, but here’s something to tide you over. [url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3224791"]as with karma’s relaunch[/url2], anyone who owns trundle before his relaunch will get this traditional trundle (has a nice ring to it) skin for free:

[aws2="news/march_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/trundle_traditional_comic.jpg"]news/march_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/trundle_traditional_comic_thumb.jpg[/aws2]
i give you the birth of trollaf

FatedTitan

03-26-2013

I sure hope this is an April Fools. Woke up expecting a Red response and still nothing.

dooku183

03-26-2013

ice witch= new champ, maybe?

DONGCART

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
I sure hope this is an April Fools. Woke up expecting a Red response and still nothing.
This. If it's not a joke, then I really hope that the Reds take a look at the community's opinions on how this could be handled better.

Deafiler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeh xD View Post
My April Fools senses are tingling.
Considering it's Morello that said it, and he's on record saying that Kog'Maw, Trundle, and Skarner's designs are some of the teams worst mistakes, I think he might actually be serious.

SeikyuHaste

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutionJailor View Post
You have seen nothing from Trundle's point of view. You are assuming things and whining. If you honestly think Riot's not going to flesh out this story and give the trolls an understandable viewpoint and motive and backstory, then you are incredibly short-sighted.

Don't think Tolkien, think Game of Thrones. Everyone does good and bad things, but from their own perspective, they're the good guy (except in a handful of places).

The Freljord are like "we'll kill these trolls because they're common brutes who are assaulting us to evict us from these lands" and the trolls are like "we'll kill these invaders and preserve our sacred homeland". If you stand behind the Freljord, the trolls are the enemy, if you stand behind the trolls, the Freljord are.

Everyone here is acting like the sky is falling, when the truth is that you shouldn't be trusted with partial information because you assume that's all there is and start slamming out rage and heartbreak and betrayal on your keyboard.

History will show you as the overreacting simpleton you are.
You`re on the internet...expect no one to think rationally and be done with it.

SeikyuHaste

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urpwnned View Post
I really wish riot would ask the players who they wanted remade, there is obviously an outspoken group that is against the trundle remake, I really dont care, but this thread goes to show that many people are disappointed by this remake
They`d be the minority.