Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
He wasnt selfless. The disease was pushed on to him and later he pretty much let his entire clan face their own extinction.

Go read his judgement.

He chose to take the curse upon himself. It wasn't pushed on him. His intentions were a bit selfish, but it was not pushed on him in any way. He chose to take it.

Uberphish

03-25-2013

I will say that I like the new look in a very general sense. Screams 'troll', looks tough, matches the theme of the Freljord quite well, etc. The club definitely could stand a bit of love to look more like ice rather than blue rock, but that's all polish work. I will miss scrappy little trundle crawling around like a drowned rat, as I actually found him rather menacing and cool, but this change does make sense.

My main concern, as many seem to have voiced before me, is that Trundle's lore will be dumbed down to 'He has the strongest regeneration and was the strongest in general, and thus he is king' or something like that, and that would be a serious shame. His old Lore made him seem like a selfless martyr, while the addition of his Judgement showed more that he was a victim of his tribe's weakness, and he was willing to let them die for it despite his own suffering. It was interesting, and it was deep, and it sat in a moral grey area not too many champs reach right now.

Obviously this rework brings changes, but please try to keep the kind of character we few Trundle fans loved intact in there somewhere. I'm all for a tough king of the trolls, the guy is due a bit of recognition, but don't toss his complexity aside to make a 'cooler character'.

Vånquish

03-25-2013

I don't like the current Trundle. He's gross, his skills feel dated, and so on. This rework looks great. I look forward to seeing to the tweaked skills and I love his new look.

Thessalonike

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
There is so much of the Freljord Quinn has yet to see, and she has already encountered trolls! What started as a simple reconnaissance mission seems to be turning into something more sinister. This worries me - what else might she find on her travels?

I dare not utter my worst fears. If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!
She should have expected a chance to encounter trolls since they often attack Freljord.

My real question is how did she find or know to find Sejuani if she wasn't seen since Feb 24th, 21 cle and believed out of the region?

Zerglinator

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
He chose to take the curse upon himself. It wasn't pushed on him. His intentions were a bit selfish, but it was not pushed on him in any way. He chose to take it.
And then when he wasn't accepted because of it (a more selfless act would be to not care either way), he decided to selfishly keep the disease and let everyone else die for it.

Ralik098

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
ARAM Matchmaking? Replays?

Wait, those took time to implement, so I guess they conveniently don't count. For the convenience of your argument.
To be fair, replays have been promised since beta. I'm happy that they are finally nearing completion, but they should have been in the game years ago.

Lemmie

03-25-2013

Wow I might actually consider getting trundle if he looks like this. His kit has never been a problem for me, it was his visual appearance that always through me off.

Ralik098

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Words
Can we see some pics of what Lil slugger and Junkyard Trundle look like now?

ChrisCTX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Just please, allow him to still walk on fours (three since he holds his club)...

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

All the people saying that they don't play a champ because of his visuals, congrats! You got exactly what you wanted.

But for those of us who actually played and loved the current Trundle, it's all disappointment.