Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Still angry and upset. Looking forward to getting home to play some games with the real and present Trundle. Will wash some of this generic troll taste from my taste. I loved Riot as a company but certain choices are increasingly draining my opinion. This being one. It's a sad state when I'm considering using mods to remove this skin and put in his old version when it goes to live.

TiKD

03-25-2013

Trundle grew up and bought a Spirit visage when he was 14. He regenerated so hard that the curse was removed from him.

KrazzyFlames

03-25-2013

Now I need to save 4800 IP for Trundle. Please don't release the rework any time soon >.>

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
...April fools!
I wish.

Elderpriest

03-25-2013

Still waiting for Viktor rework.

Cuix

03-25-2013

Man, Trundle just got outright -deleted-. Riot, why such drastic changes? I mean, I felt like Karma's VU was out of line, but this is completely absurd!

WrentheFaceless

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
There is so much of the Freljord Quinn has yet to see, and she has already encountered trolls! What started as a simple reconnaissance mission seems to be turning into something more sinister. This worries me - what else might she find on her travels?

I dare not utter my worst fears. If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!
Shyvana is keeping his bed warm

Zerglinator

03-25-2013

So, apparently, people know Trundle's entire new lore and all its differences from Quinn's quick glimpse of him...

Anyone consider that Quinn miiiight not know Trundle's entire story? Maybe that Quinn just sees trolls as trolls and that they're all alike in personality to her?

Just saying.

Yaddar

03-25-2013

Just Remember Riot.

Trundle is a Good guy.

he might do things the bad way, but he is a good guy.

don't turn him into a cheap villain.

Mytos Kunn

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Why is this GARBAGE getting upvotes?

This is outright VANDALISM of a champion, Riot. Trundle's story was unique, as you admit. But you can't be having with that, despite your protestations that you don't want LoL to just be another generic fantasy setting, so you dump all that and just make him a generic ice troll king. Screw that. This is the same trash you did to Karthus- you can't handle the idea of a champion who comes from outside the tiny world that every other champ comes from (in his case, the Howling Marsh) so rather than take the opportunity to expand your world, you prefer to contract it instead (now he's a retarded death fetishist from the Shadow Isles because that's where ALL the creepy undead weird guys come from).

You yourself said when you released Trundle you want Runeterran trolls to be something unique and you succeeded. They weren't marauding monsters, they were pitiful cursed creature who were more of a nuisance than a serious threat. Trundle's story was great, he wasn't a generic troll warlord, he was the tribal pariah who sacrificed himself to save them from their disfiguring curse, only to find himself even MORE of an outcast, seeking salvation from his pain in the League. But apparently that was too interesting so NOW HE'S A GENERIC TROLL WARLORD.

You said he was "disconnected from the rest of the world". That's YOUR fault, Riot, because you didn't put in the effort to connect him to thre rest of the world. And no, that's NOT what you're doing now, now you're just throwing the baby out with the bath water, running a new bath and adopting a new baby. If you wanted him to be connected to the rest of the world, what about, oh I don't know, WRITING SOME MORE LORE THAT CONNECTS THE RHUGOSK TROLLS WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD?

You know what this reminds me of? Marvel, Spider-Man and Mary-Jane. After Peter Parker and Mary Jane got married, Marvel complained that they couldn't write anything about them, that she "constrained" him and the marriage was "boring". So what did they do? Did they actually ATTEMPT to try and write interesting stories with the material they were given, rather than just making MJ sit around at home going "oh poor Peter, where is he, I'm so worried about him"? No, they decided the MARRIAGE was the problem rather than the crappy writing so they went to STUPID lengths to get rid of it, eventually ending up in having Peter sell his marriage to the devil. That's what you're doing here. You feel a bit of lore doesn't work, so rather than actually making even the tiniest effort to attempt to FIX it, you just dump the lot and rewrite it as something more generic and boring. "The Rhugosk trolls don't really fit in with the rest of the world? OK, dump that lot, we'll just stick' em in Freljord, plenty of room there for any number of unspecified threats that can remain "connected" to the League. Wait, so Trundle's 'diseased leper' aesthetic doesn't really fit any more? OK, screw that then, just make him a generic snow troll warlord and give him a magic club which we can say is evil to justify his 'Cursed Troll' tag."

I am ANGRY about this, Riot. This is honestly inexcusable. You are making a concerted effort to throw the lore under the bus and make your once interesting game as generic, boring and bland as you possibly can. No, the "Traditional Trundle" skin does NOT make up for this retardeded violation of established canon.

Nope, they're scrapping everything. There's no way to reconcile the new lore with the old lore, so Trundle is basically being completely replaced. I bet all his abilities will be renamed to non-disease-related versions too because he's not "the Cursed Troll" any more, he's just a generic troll.
^ Exactly this.

Wow. This better be an April fools joke