Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How is AD Nidalee so good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elodin

03-24-2013

I'm just wondering how tanky AD Nidalee works with only one ability that actually scales off her AD (Takedown)

Don't get me wrong, I like playing AD Nidalee and my last few games I've done pretty well, but I still just don't see how my damage is this high. Am I just killstealing with Takedown? Is it because she has a really high base damage or something?

Basically, I know what to do on Nidalee, but I want to know why it's effective.

Thank you in advance for any help, I put this here because in the end I'm still talking about strategy and trying to determine if AD is better than AP.

GrimFate56

03-24-2013

because her heal gives a massive attack speed buff, and i pursonally prefer ap

Snowbi Wan

Recruiter

03-24-2013

I think both AD and AP Nidalee are viable. With AD you trade the spears for auto-attacks. The heal isn't as good either. The spears chunk big time, but they can be inconsistent. AA's with the atk speed buff from the heal are quite strong. And the takedown in cougar form is a fantastic finisher.

Nightwhite3

03-25-2013

Its close to impossible to outrun AD Nidalee because of pounce and her heal gives a great attack speed buff so that reduces the need to build attack speed. Takedown is also a very good ability.

Sephïroth

03-25-2013

Also, Takedown has a similar cooldown to Jax's E which is also an auto attack reset. Which means she needs very little AD to actually do superior damage.

Her Heal has a huge Attack speed increase, which means she basically can build a Trinity force and do all the damage she'll ever need.

She's mobile as hell meaning she can land all the auto attacks she needs to.

This is why AD Nidalee is good. Also her farm phase is pretty easy to farm, with AD and range she can safely poke and auto attack from a bush given her passive.

Sagee Prime

03-25-2013

High base damages

Warrrrax

03-27-2013

It is worth noting that the AD style did take a kick in the balls lately. Last patch they got rid of a bunch of her cougar form defense. Therefore the AP style remains relatively unchanged, whereas AD is more impacted simply because she has to attack from a lot shorter range.

Eggochiggo

03-27-2013

In high level play they play AD nidalee more as tank nidalee, most don't build too many pure AD items.

TeknoWizard

03-27-2013

Nid's Takedown scales off of the health the other person is missing. So just chunk off like half of their health, and your Q damage shoots through the roof.

A Measly Bot

03-28-2013

In lane, AD Nidalee has really strong poke