ADC Uber Late Game Build Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snowbi Wan

03-27-2013

Every once in a while I find myself in a 60 min + game and am having a hard time understanding how I should be modifying my build. For example, last game I played a Sivir game where I had 436 CS. I completed a standard ADC build with BT, IE, PD, LW, Bers Greaves lvl 3, and G Angel but for the rest of the game I found myself with tons of gold and didn't really know what to do with it. I continually bought elixirs, but wondered if I could be doing more with that gold.

In a situation like that should I be swapping items out based on the enemy team?

In that Sivir game, the enemy didn't have very many people building tanky. Most built heavy AP or AD. Would it be better to sell the LW for another IE? My thoughts are that IE provides the most raw damage + crit so my DPS is at its highest. But if the enemy is building lots of health and armor I should favor a LW and BOTRK.

Or is it usually bad to stack multiple of the same item? Is a more balanced build best?

Any thoughts on this would be very helpful.

Madraac

03-27-2013

First off.... 436 creep score is kind of ridiculous and yes you would have a ton of gold left over unless you had zero kills and assists, and even then you would still be swimming in gold.

To your question, in the above scenario or when you get to that point, the first great option is sell off your boots and buy a PD if you went with a build that did not have one. Since you build one as part of your core build, you can give up some of your mobility and definitely go into the BotRK. You will still be moving quite quickly, and honestly in a game like that you will always be traveling with your team or should be so you do not need to worry about escaping a gank, only surviving a team fight. (However, if you are concerned with mobility and kiting, then keep the boots, as it is situational.)

Buying another IE does not really help you nearly as much as getting a BotRK. Yes, the raw damage may seem better, better I would have to assume with the current Meta that some of the champs were still building health items, even if only cleavers and FM. By level 18 the % damage of BotRK will make your first few attacks hit harder and it gives you the AS speed to hit faster. Also the unique ability can give you an option to run from the bruiser that jumps through your front line.

In regards to the LW, pay attention to the build and champs of the enemy. A taric on the other team provides armor, and if you see supports or bruisers with items like Frozen Heart or Randuin's, then LW is hugely helpful. However, I still see lots of builds that only build health for their bruisers and skip over armor almost entirely, and that is where a BotRK is the better option over a LW almost every time.

It is never really a good idea to stack items, and having a balanced build is better. My current personal favorite is in lieu of a GA, I go with FM as the kiting ability plus health is more useful, and knowing that if I die, the revive is normally not going to save me.

Hirumonogatari

03-27-2013

my honest opinion is that i would drop the LW for another PD. you may choose to drop the BT instead but it's very situational

you are right in saying that IE gives you a huge damage boost. that's because it increases the effectiveness of crits. unfortunately, that is a unique passive, and you will find that a BT will benefit you more than a second IE because all that second IE will bring you is 70AD and 25% crit.

with an IE and a PD, you have 55% crit. that's about half procs. i like to run a second IE to bump that up to an 85% chance, which means almost every hit is a crit. you need a constant, high damage and 250% crits really hurt. the increase in attack speed is also very helpful.

my usual build is (aside from boots) IE --> PD --> third item --> PD --> defensive item

the third item is very situational. if the enemy is building health, take a botrk, it will serve you better than a BT. if the enemy is building armour, take a LW, that will allow you to deal damage consistently. if they are going full out ad and ap, as you have mentioned, just build a BT. that 100AD helps a lot in increasing your damage.

the only time i would grab both a LW and a botrk is when they are building a combination of both health and armour (something like a warmogs and randuins or frozen heart). in this case i would choose to forego my second PD. my reasoning is that if they are building defensively, i do not need so much spike damage to take them out in 3 hits, as they will be dealing a lot less damage than if they had been building offensive items.

Nightwhite3

03-27-2013

Zephyr, Bloodthirster, Blade of the ruined king, phantom dancer, infinity edge, statikk shiv. You are unstoppable once you finish this build.

SeCKS Egai

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxGDoctor View Post
Zephyr, Bloodthirster, Blade of the ruined king, phantom dancer, infinity edge, statikk shiv. You are unstoppable once you finish this build.
There's no such thing as unstoppable, especially as an adc late game when the other team's gotten a few items.

Most ADCs have particular strengths, and in your case Sivir is considered a pusher. If your games are going that long that you are capping out and then some, you need to push objectives better.

As for build items, you really aren't gonna find a lot of variation. The only time I'd really consider breaking away from the standard adc setups is when surviving is more important than the extra damage.

FlowyS

03-28-2013

I would think rather to give my supports (or whoever doesn't have a full build) the gold so they can have a full build rather than change my build. I think it's not worth the effort to change a build once it is complete. How well does IE, PD, BT, and LW work together? Very well already! How much can you improve on it? Very little improvements can be made.

It would be more wise to spend your time trying to master a champion rather than to think of what to build once you have too much gold if the objective was to become a better player in the shortest amount of time.

TeknoWizard

03-28-2013

Try dropping your boots for a Zephyr. It'll probably help you more.