Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why hasn't Riot changed Xerath's passive already?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiamondHost

03-24-2013

It really help out late game when the bruiser on the enemy team decides to try to dive you, and you survive because you have like 200 armor XD

PhageQuitter

03-24-2013

Quote:
Purplosion:
Pretty sure it's because he's already broken with a bad passive. With a good passive he'd just be more broken.

(Downvotes incoming for being a Xerath player that admits he's broken.)

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24686451#ranked-stats

....You've played Xerath 4 times and you don't even have a positive KDA with him

Verxint

03-24-2013

Quote:
Steelra:
Uh. Why address his passive?

Why not address the fact that he SUCK ASS NOW?!

Literally. As soon as I finally saved up the IP to buy Xerath, he got nerfed to hell. D:

um no

NotBuzzJack

03-24-2013

Quote:
Purplosion:
Pretty sure it's because he's already broken with a bad passive. With a good passive he'd just be more broken.

(Downvotes incoming for being a Xerath player that admits he's broken.)

I don't blame you. Nobody expects the 64% mpen.

Although seriously, stop getting CDR boots on him.

Latvia

03-24-2013

Honestly, I think Xerath's passive fits well in the bruiser/gap closing meta. It lets him survive their burst and get a stun off so he can save himself. I think he is fairly on-par with other mids in this meta because he can safely launch artillery from miles away in a teamfight to the squishy carries. If he gets closed in on, he has decent defenses and a good way to defend himself.

The Legend Of

03-24-2013

the reason why he hasnt had his passive changed is because they dont want to have to rebalance him around a new passive, or rather it isnt high on their list of things that need fixing. Before anyone actually played xerath(aka pre s3) devs mentioned giving him a new passive, or a more aproperate useful passive, and that they felt it wouldnt put him out of balance, giving him a new passive that benefits him more when hes seeing tournament play compared to the 10+ mages that see no play that are still fine, they would have to rework all of his numbers to bring it more inline with a passive that helps him.

Id imagine that barely anyone knows how bad xeraths ult is now compared to how it used to be. People that are starting to ask for more now just picking him up after seeing him played at higher level games/tournament games just shows how he doesnt need any additional power.

PvtFlowers

03-24-2013

Barrier plus his passive usually allows me to survive most AD jungler's ganks relatively unharmed.

Galactan

03-24-2013

Quote:
Emissary:
Honestly, I think Xerath's passive fits well in the bruiser/gap closing meta. It lets him survive their burst and get a stun off so he can save himself. I think he is fairly on-par with other mids in this meta because he can safely launch artillery from miles away in a teamfight to the squishy carries. If he gets closed in on, he has decent defenses and a good way to defend himself.

Riot hire this man.
He knows what he's talking about.

Corporal Cupcake

03-24-2013

Quote:
PhageQuitter:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24686451#ranked-stats

....You've played Xerath 4 times and you don't even have a positive KDA with him

Ranked is everything! I never play normals!

I play ranked like once a month.

Demonite10

03-24-2013

I think people need to understand a few things about Xerath:

First, he's a late game champ.
Despite being a mage, he doesn't shine until late game, when you have max CDR, a lot of AP, and can shoot your Q with 64% magic pen every 3 seconds.

Second, he's not a nuker.
LeBlanc is a nuker, Annie is a nuker...these champs do a ton of damage in a very short amount of time. Xerath is a sustained damage champ. He hits with moderate damage per hit, but over time it's lethal. BUUUTT if you want to be a nuker with Xerath, you could grab DFG and try to ambush a lone enemy, but this puts you into smacking range, which defeats the best strength of Xerath.