Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why hasn't Riot changed Xerath's passive already?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyzmatik

03-24-2013

This has been an outstanding question ever since his release, and to my knowledge Rioters has NEVER EVER gave a response to the community's well developed thesis on why Xerath's passive is out of place, and not befitting of him.

not weak, just not suitable.

Kyzrathnosh

03-24-2013

Because it's fine and allows him to survive close encounters that he's not designed to survive otherwise.

Not that hard to figure out.

Gryphon48

03-24-2013

Quote:
Dyzmatik:
This has been an outstanding question ever since his release, and to my knowledge Rioters has NEVER EVER gave a response to the community's well developed thesis on why Xerath's passive is out of place, and not befitting of him.

not weak, just not suitable.

Because it gives him more survivability when Lee Sin and Vi jump at him. His passive drastically reduces their damage early game, which does him a lot of good when it comes to surviving ganks.

PabloConQueso

03-24-2013

I suck at positioning. I love his passive when I get caught out like a n00b

NotBuzzJack

03-24-2013

I'm sorry, but I'd like to keep my free 100 armor late game. Zed and Kha'zix have to pay for their armor pen, but I don't have to pay for my armor.

Rentable Player

03-24-2013

Uh. Why address his passive?

Why not address the fact that he SUCK ASS NOW?!

Literally. As soon as I finally saved up the IP to buy Xerath, he got nerfed to hell. D:

SchuyWeaves

03-24-2013

WOW such a strong passive is out of place. 15% of his ap. imagine building zhonyas on him with that passive. Just because passive is not attack oriented it is bad?

NotBuzzJack

03-24-2013

Quote:
Steelra:

Literally. As soon as I finally saved up the IP to buy Xerath, he got nerfed to hell. D:

I think you're in the wrong dimension.

Corporal Cupcake

03-24-2013

Pretty sure it's because he's already broken with a bad passive. With a good passive he'd just be more broken.

(Downvotes incoming for being a Xerath player that admits he's broken.)

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

03-24-2013

Quote:
Steelra:

Xerath is probably in the list of the top 10 best mages in league at the moment.

Learn how to play him rather than *****ing about him.