New Champion Idea: Tobias, The Bilgewater Brawler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omega Yonaka

03-24-2013

Tobias, The Bilgewater Brawler

Attributes: Melee, Fighter, Assassin

Statistics:

Health: 495 (+81)
Health Regen: 5.2 (+0.75)
Mana: 210 (+55)
Mana Regen 6.5 (+0.7)
Attack Damage: 46.5 (+3)
Attack Speed: 0.658 (+3.4%)
Armor: 16 (+3.0)
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
Mov. Speed: 345

Abilities:

Passive: Bilgewater Resolve - Tobias receives bonus armor equal to 10% of his Attack Damage.

Q: Crow's feet - Range: 900 Cooldown: 10 Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 Mana

Active: Tobias scatters iron crow's feet stars in a circular area nearby, dealing physical damage and slowing enemies for 1.8 secs upon contact. Crowsfeet are visable to all players and last 6 seconds.

Physical Damage: 40/65/90/115/140 (+ 40% Bonus AD)
Damage From Additional Crow's feet: 18/28/38/48/58 (+20% Bonus AD)
Slow: 20%/25%/30%/35%/40%
Diameter Of Crow's feet: 450

W: Dirty Bootknife - Cooldown: 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 Cost: 45/40/35/30/25 mana

Active: Tobias kicks target with a knife which protrudes from his boot, dealing physical damage and reduces target's armor by 15% for 4 seconds. This applies on hit effects. (This will reset your auto attack).

Physical Damage: 50/80/110/140/170 (+90% bonus AD)

E: Musket Melee/ Musket Blast - Range: 600 Cooldown: 10 Cost: 45 mana

Active: Tobias fires a single shot at an enemy champion, dealing physical damage. If the enemy champion is within melee range, Tobias will instead hit them with the butt of his musket.

Physical Damage: 65/105/145/185/225 (+ 70% Bonus AD)

R : Cutlass Stream - Range: 650 Cooldown: 110/95/80 Cost: 100 mana

Tobias raises his cutlass and dashes towards a target area, leaving a trail behind him that will damage enemies that he has passed thorugh. The trail remains visable for 5 seconds but doesn't deal damage.

Active: (Rank 1) Tobias dashes towards target area, dealing physical damage to targets that he dashed through and gains bonus attack speed for each enemy champion hit for 4 seconds.

Active: (Rank 2) Tobias dashes to a secondary target area after his first dash, dealing physical damage to targets that he dashed through (Targets hit by first dash receive 30% damage)

Active: (Rank 3) Tobias dashes to a third target area after his second dash, dealing physical damage to targets that he dashed through (Targets hit by second dash receive 30% damage.)

If the third dash trail connects to the first dash trail and forms a triangle, Tobias's other abilities on cool down are refreshed.

Physical Damage: 150/250/350 (+ 100% bonus AD)
Bonus Attack Speed: +15% per champion dash 1, +10% per champion dash 2, +5% per champion dash 3
(Enemy champions cannot give more than 1 bonus if hit by multiple dashes.)

Lore

From an early age, Tobias was known for his ability to scrap and fight with the best that the Blue Island's could offer. Using this to his advantage, he began fighting patrons of the Island's bars for any money that he could make. It was through his intelligent fighting that he gained the attention of Gangplank, captain of the Dead pool. Gangplank afforded Tobias the chance to join his crew and gain riches beyond his wildest dreams, providing he could beat his best crewman in a fight to the death.

Tobias was out-matched by his foe in size and strength, but not in smarts. Tobias knew he could take a beating at the hands of this man and defeat him when his guard was down. Tobias spent the first 5 minutes of the fight intentionally taking a beating, waiting for his opponent to make the mistake. Laying on the floor from the beating he received, Tobias's opponent turned his back to cheer, and that was the opening Tobais needed, and he knew it. Tobias leapt to his feet, activated his bootknife, and kicked his opponent in the thigh, dropping the big man to a knee, kicked his other thigh, leaving his opponent without the ability to stand, kicked his arms so he could not raise them to defend and then ended the fight in a fashion that greatly pleased the crew of the Dead Pool.

Impressed with his cunning and wit, Gangplank gave him a spot on his crew and promised Tobias riches as long as he gave him his loyalty. Many times since however, Tobias has thought of murdering Gangplank and taking control of the Dead pool himself. He waits patiently for the moment Gangplank lets his guard down and gives him the opening he needs....

Quotes

Upon Selection:

"Blue flame's finest"

Attacking:

"For the Dead pool"
"Bilgewater blade"
"Your life is mine now"
"BOOM!" (when firing Musket)

Movement

"Set sail"
"Land Ahoy"
"Make it quick"
"Hoist the sails"

Taunt

"No parlay for you"

"Captain....for now" (If Gangplank is on your team)

"Mutiny!" (If Gangplank is on enemy team)
"I'm Captain now!" (If Tobias kills enemy Gangplank)

Joke

"I think, and therefore, I Arrrrr!"

Tell me what you guys think.

- Playground Tactix (EUW)
-Omega Yonaka (NA)

Medroid

03-24-2013

I like it!

Omega Yonaka

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medroid View Post
I like it!
Thanks Med, I appreciate that.

TheGl4ssLord

03-24-2013

This is a pretty good idea. But, do you have any ideas for his design?

Omega Yonaka

03-25-2013

Yeah I do but I can't draw so I don't have any pictures

Something similar to this: http://athena-erocith.deviantart.com...rate-330297689

Gorsgan

03-25-2013

Neat guy. I like the armor shred and his lore. and Unlike most champs I've seen he follows the basic stat rules. And an interesting and unique ult. I like it

Omega Yonaka

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsgan View Post
Neat guy. I like the armor shred and his lore. and Unlike most champs I've seen he follows the basic stat rules. And an interesting and unique ult. I like it
Thanks for taking the time to look at my idea. Sorry I don't have a unique look, if I was more of an artist I could have drawn something up. Not 100% fussed over his attire tbh, I like his kit enough that Riot could change his Lore, name and gender and I would still be happy :P

I do however have the idea that he stands with the musket over his left shoulder with the butt facing forward and the nozzle pointing directly behind him. That way, if he melee's the opponent, he simply throws his left arm forward where as if he shoots at them from range, he has to lift it all the way over and take aim much like Caitlyn's Piltover Peacemaker.

- Omega Yonaka (NA)

HingoftheKill

03-26-2013

I like it! My first question is - what weapons does he use for his basic attacks? Does he use a sword and gun like gangplank does?

The ult sounds like a lot of fun, but I feel like it would be hard to make it pay off (especially the triangle part). It seems like it would be rare for that to happen, and not have a large enough effect when it does.

For his E, I really wish that it did more! It such a cool idea that it does something different at close from and at long range, but if it does the same ability, how is it any different than just using the long range version at melee. Maybe he could have some form of gap-closer or escape? I'm afraid of him being squishy, even with his very cool passive.

The lore was also very good, but I wish that it tied into his kit more - maybe the boot knife could deal more damage at low health?

Anyways I feel that we need more pirates so I +1'd! If you would like to give me a rate as well, here is a champion of mine: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3003459

NinjaNick95

03-26-2013

Hey there! Thanks for your thoughts on my concept

Just with an initial glance, his base armor seems to be a bit too high for his passive. He has 77.5 base armor at 18, then with a modest 200 AD, that base is increased to 105.5....slightly high. One possible solution would be to decrease the Armor / lvl from 3.5 to something like 3. This would be 97.5 with the passive buff over 105.5....not too much of a decrease, but still there. Another possibility would be to lower the % converted to armor, or maybe make it scale off of bonus AD?

I like the Q. As someone who plays Ziggs I think it looks too much like his E - but that's just me.

One thing I noticed was the decreasing mana cost on his W. While I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, having a decreasing cooldown and decreasing mana cost together might be a little strange. Also, why are your W and E so similar? The only real difference is that the E does slightly more damage and is ranged. They both do one thing: deal damage. Where my abilities are probably too complicated, yours might be the opposite. Toss in some CC, MS buff, anything to make the two individual and unique. The E is different visually if someone is in melee range, right? Make it have an additional effect, too. The basic abilities are too bland.

The ultimate, on the other hand, is really cool. Having all three ranks of it at 16 makes him a strong teamfighter (something he needs given the W and E) and the triangle interaction is a great idea. Cooldowns aren't too long that the refresh is overpowered, either. Nicely thought out and implemented.

Omega Yonaka

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HingoftheKill View Post
I like it! My first question is - what weapons does he use for his basic attacks? Does he use a sword and gun like gangplank does?

The ult sounds like a lot of fun, but I feel like it would be hard to make it pay off (especially the triangle part). It seems like it would be rare for that to happen, and not have a large enough effect when it does.

For his E, I really wish that it did more! It such a cool idea that it does something different at close from and at long range, but if it does the same ability, how is it any different than just using the long range version at melee. Maybe he could have some form of gap-closer or escape? I'm afraid of him being squishy, even with his very cool passive.

The lore was also very good, but I wish that it tied into his kit more - maybe the boot knife could deal more damage at low health?

Anyways I feel that we need more pirates so I +1'd! If you would like to give me a rate as well, here is a champion of mine: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3003459
Yeah sorry, his main weapon is a cutlass sword like gangplank. The E is basically a rip off of the Thresh attack difference at melee/range attacks. I originally toyed with the idea that the melee would stun him, but that would give Tobias an a.o.e slow, armor shred and a stun combined with an ability to refresh cool down's which is just way to over powered Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate your opinions. Oh and thanks for the compliment on the lore, I am not a writer so it was annoyingly hard to come up with something that was unique. Most champs are in the League for some sort of revenge and it would have been too easy to go down that route (Gangplank killed his father/brother/raided his port etc....) I will look at your champion as well and leave some feedback.

- Omega Yonaka (NA)