A guide to resolving patcher/launcher errors

1234511 ... 47
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

Hi everyone!

This guide should hopefully help everyone having issues with Patcher and Launcher errors! Find below a table of contents, which should help you find what you need!

Please DO NOT POST INDIVIDUAL ISSUES ON THIS THREAD. If you require support, submit a new thread on the forums, and we'll take a look at you individually :-)

Note: always make a backup of your original files when modifying, just incase! :-)

NOTE: My FTP site has a limit of FIFTY USERS simultaneously - if you cannot log in chances are it's because of this. For those of you who CAN log in, be nice and close the connection once you're done! :-)
This limit isn't usually hit, but patch days can get quite busy...

Quick Summary: Methods of Fixing Patcher Errors

- Fully reinstalling League of Legends [Not 100% efficient, but less effort]
- Replacing the errored file manually [100% working when files are tested]
- Downloading the entire League of Legends folder from my FTP site [100% working when folder is tested]
- Using WinSCP to try and compare the folders, and download only the edited files. [Easy, not 100% working]

::::TABLE OF CONTENTS::::
Post 1 - Table of Contents
Post 2 - Updates/Changelog
Post 3 - Instructions for manually fixing these errors
Post 3 - Instructions for automatically fixing these errors [[Look here for quick fix]]
Post 3 - Video Instructions!
Post 4- FAQs
Post 5 - Table of Links

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

Updates List:

:::: Date of Current Files: 12/14/2010 :::::
Please note I am currently on vacation, so I will be unable to update this when the next patch hits (within the next day or so). I will be back home on Sunday, and will be able to upload it then.

- 11/03/2010 - all files current
- 11/03/2010 - Upgraded download limit to 250GB/Day (from 10GB, since I hit that limit)
- 11/03/2010 - Uploaded .Zip's of commonly requested folders - if you want a folder uploaded feel free to request it!
- 11/04/2010 - Uploading a full copy of my LoL folder, this will allow users to download the whole .zip, and overwrite all their files, which should avoid all and any errors. Big upload so will update when this is done.
- 11/05/2010 - The full .zip of my LoL folder (minus any personal stuff, of course) has now been uploaded - you can find it in the link section. If you're feeling lazy just download this and copy it over your own files, it should bypass any errors. Note: Take a backup of your files first, I will not be held responsible if anything errors!
- 11/05/2010 - Uploaded latest files. - 11/05/2010 - The full .zip is being reuploaded due to issues, I advise not downloading this file until I confirm it's uploaded.- 11/05/2010 - I seem to have (somehow) hit my 250GB daily download limit. This is pretty insane, I would never have expected to get 250GB downloaded in one day. For now, this link should reset tomorrow, and I'm working on another method of getting this to you guys. My apologies to everyone!
- 11/06/2010 - There should now be another functioning link - FTP! Give this a try if you're having issues with dropbox, please give feedback on this as I haven't had any testing on it. Thanks!
- 11/06/2010 - The full .zip on the dropbox should now be functional (when my daily limit is reset). There's another way to download all the files, which I will detail later from FTP! :-)
- 11/06/2010 - In the links section below you'll find details on downloading the full folder of League of Legends via FTP, which should work when dropbox is down! :-)
- 11/06/2010 - All files should be uploaded and ready to go, including two .zips of the full LoL folder.
- 11/09/2010 - Make video instructions on synching your folders with WinSCP - Credits to Stralen for pointing out this program!
- 11/09/2010 - Config files replaced with extremely low end ones, to avoid issues (Previously they were fully maxed at 1920x1200 resolution)
- 11/14/2010 - Reworked the FAQs a bit.
- 11/16/2010 - Removing the dropbox, it's not worth me uploading the files to two locations. Currently uploading the latest patch, but could take a while...
- 11/16/2010 - All files are now up to date.
- 11/17/2010 - Added video tutorials to post 3.
- 12/02/2010 - Updated all files to Trundle patch.
- 12/14/2010 - Updated all files to Cassiopedia patch.

Eambo

11-04-2010

A first step to try before any of the below:

- Go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\
- Open up your LOL.Game.Version
- Find: <PerformCopy>1</PerformCopy>
<PerformDelete>0</PerformDelete>
- Change these to: <PerformCopy>0</PerformCopy>
<PerformDelete>1</PerformDelete>

- Try patching again. If this fails, try it one more time. If it fails again, follow the instructions below.

::::INSTRUCTIONS FOR MANUAL FIX::::

Note: This can be quick, but can also take time. If you'd rather just download a fully, pre-patched version of the game, which should avoid all these errors - look at the FAQs - the very bottom one! :-)

Finding the File that has Errored:

-- Go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends (Default folder, may vary)

-- Open up "Patcher_lib.log" with notepad or whatever editor you use.

-- Look for "Error" in there. By default, pressing CTRL+F should bring up a search box. Type in "Error". You'll find something like this:

Quote:
11/03/2010 16:11 [ERROR] Unable to verify source for expansion [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\Map1.zip]
Resolving the Error:

- Make a backup of this errored file (Copy and paste it, and it should make a -copy)
- Download a working copy from my FTP (See video tutorial at bottom of this post) (Username: anonymous@wrench-box.com Password: Blank)
- Replace your errored copy with the working one
- Try to repatch
- Repeat this process after each error, as it will show [ERROR] at a different file.

::::INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTOMATIC FIX::::

With an additional program, you can synch for League of Legends folder with the remote one - and I've made a video tutorial on this!

- First, just copy and paste your League of Legends folder in C:\Riot Games\. This should leave you with a - Copy just incase!
- Second, follow these video instructions (Note: You'll need Winrar to extract it. It's a 650MB video compressed to 9MB!)
:: Credits for this awesome programs discovery go to Stralen::

Note: Some people have had an issue with the Automatic fix. I think that certain files are EXACTLY the same size, so WinSCP doesn't notice they've changed. If you sync with my folder and still have an issue, try changing your LOL.Game.Version from 55 to 54 - see the FAQ for information on this one!

::::Video Instructions:::: NOTE: Winrar (http://rarlabs.com) is required to view these files.
Using WinSCP To Merge Folders
Copying the Entire LoL Folder
Copying Individual Files

::::INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FTP::::

Basically, you can use any FTP Client or even simply windows explorer to browse FTP. All you need are the details, listed below:

- Hostname/Server Name: ftp.wrench-box.com
- Username: anonymous@wrench-box.com
- Password: (Leave this field blank)
- Port: 21

If using Windows Explorer, simply just browse to 'ftp.wrench-box.com' and use the details above.

Eambo

11-04-2010

FAQ:

Quote:
I can only find Patcher_lib, not Patcher_lib.log. What does this mean?
This is normal. Windows has an option to hide file extensions (So Map1.zip would only show as Map1) - just use this file with notepad :-)

Quote:
I keep getting some error about Baseline, but I can't find the file!
If you get a "Baseline" error, it means it cannot find the folder. Simply right click, create a new folder called "baseline" in the specified folder (Usually C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Air_P), and try patching again

Quote:
I keep getting errors!
Unfortunately most people with patcher errors get multiple in a row, not just one. All you can do is keep repeating the above process. It might be better to try and find what's causing it, rather than working around it - usually firewalls or antivirus programs cause problems with patching, or lack of admin rights!
Also note that sometimes one error log will report multiple [ERROR] - so make sure you find every one of them, and not just assume the first one! :-)
Note: The automated process should avoid this one.

Quote:
I replaced the file and it's still giving the same error!
Honestly, I don't know why this one happens. It seems to me like it's pointing at the wrong file causing errors. You have two options:

- Reinstall following this guide: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends
- Download and replace most files from the link (air folder especially) and hope to find the one it's having problems with
- Download the Standalone Client and copy files over from there

None of the above are optimal, but until we figure out why this happens I'm not too sure what else to suggest :-(
Note: The automated process should help resolve this one.

Quote:
I'm getting a Client/Server mismatch, help!
This issue is usually caused by a system restore, which then rolls back the patch. A full reinstall is the optimal fix for this, however there's another way:

-- Go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\
-- Open up LOL.Game.Version and LOL.Air.Version with notepad
-- Change the <Version> down one (EG: <Version>56 to <Version>55)
-- Do the same with LOL.Air.Version
-- Try to Repatch
-- When it errors, follow the instructions above for each error.

Note: The automated process should fix this one

Quote:
How do I upload my Patcher_Lib.log?
To upload your patcher_Lib.log for us to view:

- Go to "Go Advanced" at the very bottom of the thread in the forum
- Select Attach
- Browse to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends
- Attach the Patcher_Lib.log
- Wait until it's attached, then post.

Quote:
How do I save these files? When I click on them, they don't do anything!
When you get to the file you need, simply right click it and save it to the location of the error - overwriting the existing version. For example, if you get an error on C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Lol.Launcher.exe then you would go to Lol.Launcher.exe on the dropbox, right click this - save it to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\ and overwrite the existing file :-)

Quote:
I'm getting an error about ScriptFacadeWindows/I have yellow circles forever! What do I download to fix this?
THIS LINK Details the currently known workarounds/fixes.

Quote:
Does this work for EU Also?
Good question. The answer is: Maybe. The EU and US version have a lot of similar files, but also some different. My suggestion would be:

- Make a copy of the file you're having issues with beforehand
- Try the US version
- If it doesn't work, remove it and replace with the original

Quote:
This is too much work! Fix it for me! :-(
If it's too much work for you...

Use the automated process above!

Quote:
What's the easiest way to fix this?
The easiest way to fix this is probably with WinSCP. With WinSCP you can compare my folder with yours, and replace the files as necessary:

- First, just copy and paste your League of Legends folder in C:\Riot Games\. This should leave you with a - Copy just incase!
- Second, follow these video instructions (Note: You'll need Winrar to extract it. It's a 650MB video compressed to 9MB!)
:: Credits for this awesome programs discovery go to Stralen::

Quote:
I don't want to download any extra programs. How do I download the full League of Legends folder?
If you open up any folder in Windows, and click in the top bar, you should be able to edit it.

Type in "FTP.wrench-box.com" and press enter

Login with:

Username: anonymous@wrench-box.com

Password: (Leave blank)

You should then be able to right click and download the entire League of Legends folder :-)

Rename your old folder to .old, then replace it with the downloaded copy, and see if that works!

Quote:

WinSCP/Windows Explorer are too slow! How do I make it faster?!
Download a program called 'FileZilla' - this is a freeware FTP browser, and try connecting with these details:

Host: ftp.wrench-box.com
username: anonymous@wrench-box.com
password: (leave blank)
port: 21

Quote:
I got it working, and kind of want to marry you now. How can I send the wedding ring?
Down boy! Unfortunately Eambo is Not for sale, however simply post here letting others know it worked, maybe a thanks, is enough. That, or prod Riot to give me a raise! (kidding - I don't get paid, and am not an employee!)

Wooglet

Master Recruiter

11-04-2010

There are lots of guys having probelm that any error messge doesn't even show. so these people always need full zip file

angelcrusade

11-04-2010

11/05/2010 09:57 [ERROR] Source path [D:\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Air_p\baseline\] does not exist

this is from my patcher_lib
my patching stuck at 53/68 after i reinstalling the game 2 times before the next update yesterday.

Eambo

11-04-2010

angel, your issue was specified in the FAQs - please read them. If issue persists, please make a new thread regarding your problem.

dhwhdals, if the patcher errors out, it will make a log. If it's not making a log, there's something else wrong. Again, please make a new thread for support in this one :-)

SnotPoison

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
Download a working copy from THIS LINK
Yes! Thank you, these files are actually working!
I've downloaded about 10 different versions of the 'resources-de_DE.swf' file, all different sizes, but these ones are finally working!
Had to replace about 10 files all up, but I now have all 'LOL.Air' files done!(Well I hope so anyway)
Gotta now wait for 600MB of 'LOL.Game' files to download before I tackle those

Of course I/we shouldn't be forced to do it this way, but at least now it's getting somewhere, so thx

Eambo

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnotPoison View Post
Yes! Thank you, these files are actually working!
I've downloaded about 10 different versions of the locale files, all different sizes, but these ones are finally working!
Had to replace about 10 files all up, but I now have all 'LOL.Air' files done!(Well I hope so anyway)
Gotta now wait for 600MB of 'LOL.Game' files to download before I tackle those

thx
Glad it helped! I've just finished uploading my whole folder for people with high speed/low patience, my assumption is that downloading that and overwriting all the local copies would bring them up to a working, patched version - but this is untested :-)

1234511 ... 47