How do you play against Hecarim jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shamwowz

03-24-2013

So I main jungle, and I find whenever I play against Hecarim I have a really hard time. I mostly play Lee Sin, Jarvan IV, and Fiddlesticks. So can any one tell me some general tips to beat Hecarim? I mostly have trouble with his ganks: he ganks quite a bit and when I try to counter gank him it usually fails. Every game I've played against him he snowballs his lanes out of control really quick and he still gets super fed in the process. I know its all my fault when my team loses playing against him, because I play terribly against him. Thanks to whoever in advance.

TheOnlyJaces

03-25-2013

I found that im super squishy early game. His route is normally wolf/blue/wraith/golems/red so try that, Wolf/Blue/Wraith then go wait at his red (not the bush right to it tho) then wait a few second once he started it and try to manage a quick kill. If your able to make him low enough and run without his red, take his, go get your asap and you ****ed him a little already.
Other then taking him down and to take his jungle, idk how you can manage to wreck him

Calibretto9

03-25-2013

Hecarim is a late game champ so whatever you can do to stall his early game is going to pay dividends. That being said he's a "timer" champ - there's a timer, and once it goes off near mid to late game he kind of gets out of control. Watch out once he's built his holy trinity of Spirit Visage, Spirit of the Lizard Elder and Iceborn Gauntlet.

Things you can do is try to coordinate with your team to invade that blue! Get his blue - it hurts him and his early game a lot. If for some reason your team refuses to invade for the blue (you have a bad level 1 team, bad communication or coordination, whatever) then you should try to wait at his red bush and see if you can take him out yourself. It's risky, and you might die, but if you die and he dies you're probably in a better spot because he blows without blue.

You're going to have a hard time dealing with his lane pressure. His insane mobility/speed means he gets around the map FAST and can take part in a lot of ganks. Your best best is to help ward and ward deeper than normal as he'll rush past the standard ward placings. This will at least let you or your lane know he's coming and help avoid the kill. And, if he's ganking a lot try to counter gank, push lanes or steal his buffs.

During teamfights tell your team not to bunch up as much as possible. He's going to be doing a lot of AoE damage, his ult fear is AoE and he heals with an AoE ability. If everyone is spread out enough you can avoid the damage, fear and healing him. Keep in mind he's a resistance tank so he'll never have super high health but he will be running around 60-70% resists. Armor pen hurts him a lot as does Ignite while his W is up.

To be honest, I play Hecarim a lot and around the bronze/silver level people seem to have a terrible time dealing with him. Not sure how the higher elos shut him down but he's tough.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Hecarim is a pain in the ass to jungle against. You need to ward you jungle as he can easily counter jungle you and even when you do catch him he can still get away.

Try and get help from your lanes on the warding front/catching him in the jungle. He's also going to gank often because he has the speed to do so. Its why Hecarim is the most banned champion, at least in Silver 1 he is for me.

I also like playing champions that can counter his speed - Shyvana/Evelynn are the two I like to use, as they can easily catch him and counter gank him well. Also, if you're facing a Hecarim his bane is a Frozen Mallet. Not only does Frozen Mallet make it hard for him to run, in 1v1 it makes his passive AD Gain from speed drop significantly. May not seem like a lot, but losing 10-30 AD in a 1v1 can be devastating.

I'm sure he's on the chopping block for nerfs, but for now I would either ban him in draft, or if you're blind picking it up I would use it as a learning experience to fight against him. Just try and find a week lane and pick on it so he has to go help it, then go help the lane he's been wrecking.