Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

XP Boost Effectiveness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DecisivePumPkin

03-24-2013

Hey guys, was planning on buying the 3 days XP boost with the free RP on a new account. (Be advised I'm already well versed in the game as I have a level 30 already and do not need to be practicing the basics) Anyways, yea I'm planning on buying the XP boost to get to level 30 quickly but I was wondering how should I effectively use the XP boost? Also how does the 3 days XP boost work? Is the XP boost up for 72 hours or? But more importantly, should I be rampaging through 20 minutes or less bot games or be playing normal games or playing quick 3v3 games or what? I'd like to know, thank you very much.

Redeemed Rivên

03-24-2013

Buy the ip boost instead

DecisivePumPkin

03-24-2013

Well the most IP boost I can get with the free RP is the 1 day one. And personally I can get my champion pool pretty easily since they're mostly cheap. So, I would like to maximize the use of my free RP by buying boosts that last long.

Also, if you could provide input to your reasoning that'd be great.

DecisivePumPkin

03-24-2013

bump

Teddy Bear

03-24-2013

I would say IP boosts are better, no reason to rush to level 30, but it is a secondary account so that's up to you. I think you would get the most exp from normal games on summoner's rift, or maybe Twisted Treeline. Some people have said TT is faster for exp, but I don't play TT enough to know. I would recommend testing yourself.

XP duration boosts give you 2x the exp win or lose, and 3 days would be 72 hours, it runs while you're not playing as well, so I would advise starting the boost right when you wake up and you're ready to play for the whole day. The duration boosts are also frozen during maintenances (I think). XP Per win boosts never expire and give you a flat amount of exp that is equivalent to the maximum XP that can be obtained from the match type you're playing. At least that's how I think it works.

I don't know what mode you should play, I would probably play Co-op vs AI (Beginner to level 10, intermediate onwards) though. It gives a 90%+ chance of winning which means more overall XP, and you're not hurting players who are legitimately new, since you're smurfing and already skilled. You can still play normals, they may give more XP if you can win the majority, or you could play after level 15, since there's the 75% reward limit after 180 minutes of co-op post level 15.

Here is the wiki page on boosts, it might help as well. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Boost

Resolute Riven

03-24-2013

Quote:
Redeemed Rivên:
Buy the ip boost instead

Not for someone trying to hit 30 on a smurf.

Niqhtmare x

03-24-2013

the day boost, stacks with the win boost

if you buy one of each, you can effectively get 4x exp boost (assuming you win every game)

Swampmajikk

03-24-2013

I'd say ip boost and which type u get depends on playing habits.
If u play all day get the day one. If u only play a couple games a day get per win

Coderific

07-31-2013

Hi, I've just done the smurf level 1-30 and the way I did it (and this is definitely the fastest) is buying two XP boosts and just making a custom game vs Shen Bot playing as Master Yi in the Twisted Treeline. With the double boost it's 275-300XP per game (5:00-7:00 games--depending on screw up) at about a level an hour. The first 15 levels are under an hour, the 15-25 are about an hour, and the 25-30 are about 1:30-2 hours.

Overall, it'll take you 40 hours max to get from 1-30 this way. BE WARNED, you get about 19 IP per match this way and will not be able to afford the runes you need at level 30.

That being said, I recommend doing the last 10 levels in Dominion. 15 minute games, same XP as solo TT, and you get full IP.

-Coderific

otgoonooo

03-04-2014

Hi guys i need a xp boost very much how i get xp boost to free ?? anyone help me and send mail to me [email]otgonbayar_boldbaatar@yahoo.com[/email] please anyone help me i need a get lvl 30 faster please please please i need very much guys i believe to you guys understand me