I'm banging my head against the wall.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Camtrip

03-25-2013

How many games in a row am I going to have to play where we lose no matter how good I play or how hard I try.

I'm level 21 and this is getting ridiculous, any and all level 30's please add me so I can play pubs with people who aren't completely incompetent *******s.

I'm not saying I'm level 30 material, but I'm constantly struggling to convey simple game concepts to the people my level (dragon, warding, team composition, ect) and it's frustrating the hell outta me.

Please get me out of level hell.

Shallow Cubes

03-25-2013

You will get there. In a way, this is a learning experience for you and a test of your own willpower and ability.

I say this primarily because there is no magical remedy to get you from level 21 to level 30 quickly. Yes, winning games nets more IP, but you still get IP from losses, as well. And in all honesty (and IMHO), you will learn more from the games that you lose than the games that you win.

It's clear to see that you are frustrated based on the thread title and your original post. The thing is... If you carry this frustration into the game with you, there is no way this will motivate a team to do better. You become part of the issue rather than the solution.

Yes, from time to time you will land with a troll. Yes, from time to time, someone's internet will cut out inadvertently which will lead to a loss. Yes, from time to time you might do amazingly and your team will feed like crazy and you will lose. These things happen. It's how you roll with it afterwards that really counts. Do you sit and rage for days? Do you come here and make an angry post and then leave?

People just tend to care a lot about this game and whether they win or lose. I understand that. I think sometimes it gets to the point where people care a little bit too much. They must see things a certain way or it's rage time. The "meta or rage" attitude.

Based on my own experience... The best advice I can give you to get passed all this is to just... Get good at rolling with it. Whatever happens, just play your game and enjoy it. See things as a challenge and a learning experience rather than a frustration. Shift your mindset. Example: Played a support game recently. I was supporting a person who insta-locked ADC Ahri. I didn't complain. Yes, it is pretty likely that we would have lost, especially at higher elo, but we pulled it out and won. Just played the best that I could, given the situation, and came out 4-7-34.

Your attitude and your own frustrations are what will stress you out and get you to blow up all over your teammates, your friends, and these forums. Learn to deal.

iDpark

03-25-2013

Attitude is the single most important aspect in the game.
I am surprised how many people have such negative attitudes when the score is 0-3 , 0-5 1-6.

I do have a smurf.
Make sure to have fun, and just aim to get better every game. Care less about winning or losing (though important) but just get better. You can only influence yourself (after a certain degree)

Additionally, make sure to take breaks. don't just click play again, but take a break. Stop playing if it isnt fun anymore.

Camtrip

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Cubes View Post
You will get there. In a way, this is a learning experience for you and a test of your own willpower and ability.

I say this primarily because there is no magical remedy to get you from level 21 to level 30 quickly. Yes, winning games nets more IP, but you still get IP from losses, as well. And in all honesty (and IMHO), you will learn more from the games that you lose than the games that you win.

It's clear to see that you are frustrated based on the thread title and your original post. The thing is... If you carry this frustration into the game with you, there is no way this will motivate a team to do better. You become part of the issue rather than the solution.

Yes, from time to time you will land with a troll. Yes, from time to time, someone's internet will cut out inadvertently which will lead to a loss. Yes, from time to time you might do amazingly and your team will feed like crazy and you will lose. These things happen. It's how you roll with it afterwards that really counts. Do you sit and rage for days? Do you come here and make an angry post and then leave?

People just tend to care a lot about this game and whether they win or lose. I understand that. I think sometimes it gets to the point where people care a little bit too much. They must see things a certain way or it's rage time. The "meta or rage" attitude.

Based on my own experience... The best advice I can give you to get passed all this is to just... Get good at rolling with it. Whatever happens, just play your game and enjoy it. See things as a challenge and a learning experience rather than a frustration. Shift your mindset. Example: Played a support game recently. I was supporting a person who insta-locked ADC Ahri. I didn't complain. Yes, it is pretty likely that we would have lost, especially at higher elo, but we pulled it out and won. Just played the best that I could, given the situation, and came out 4-7-34.

Your attitude and your own frustrations are what will stress you out and get you to blow up all over your teammates, your friends, and these forums. Learn to deal.
Thank you, this was really great advice. (Meant to up vote but missed and don't know how to fix it xD)

It's not like I have a bad game and came here and raged, it's been hard the last few days, I'd lose two then take a break, lose two and take a break. It was never necessarily about leveling up, it was about playing with people of a higher level. Troll jungle Xareth was the icing on the cake. It really was just getting to me. If you get anything out of my reply know that the bit about challenging my own mindset was invaluable, thank you.

Floggle

03-25-2013

I agree with iDpark. Really just calm down. Believe it or not, but wins WILL come when you're good enough. Honestly, the more you can view games as practicing, and not OMGWEMUSTWIN, the better.

Do you think the pro players would be held back by bad teammates? They wouldn't. They would carry insanely hard and get back to the top of the ladder quickly. Expect nothing from your teammates, and be pleasantly surprised when they actually help out. This isn't to say that you should ignore your team, or be ready and willing to use their abilities, but it's a good mentality to have in general.

One example of a rage moment people have: The enemy jungler ganks your lane multiple times, with no help from your own jungler. Do you have a right to be mad that your jungler doesn't help? Yes, you do, but you shouldn't. You should EXPECT this to happen, and play your game accordingly. Ward better, have better map awareness, find a way to stay safe. Don't rage, learn, and play better next game.

RobotDrZaius

03-25-2013

I feel ya man. I was about to post basically this same thread, except I'm level 29! I typically win over 1/2 of my games, but I've gone something like 2-16 in the last few days. I can handle losing, but what's frustrating is that most of those games were very close at some point, and I don't know if I'm "throwing" them or just getting really unlucky. It's tough not knowing what the problem is! But I will soldier on and not rage, because it is just a game after all

Camtrip

03-25-2013

I usually play tank, so I'm pretty reliant on my team when I initiate. I think that's why I get so mad. Right after I read iDpark's reply I played a game with one of my friends who is new, had fun and thought I should share, I should play carry more often xD.

http://i.imgur.com/ypd0bGJ.jpg

Madraac

03-26-2013

Side note - realize that at this point in the game's life, there are many level 30's with multiple accounts and you could just be getting screwed by getting lumped in with players that are trying out builds and so forth, and not really worried about winning games or playing the meta, but instead learning a free champ or trying to find a way to counter the meta in their own way.

To your last post, find a couple of people or RL friends that you enjoy gaming with and just have fun. One of my best friends plays, and he is a mad rager.... even I have to tell him to calm down at times, but we stil always have fun. His issue is that he does not ever follow the meta or standard builds, so people naturally rage against him, and he in turn rages back. It takes me telling him to calm down and just play for him to do just that. What is even better is that he could be a great player, but his refusal to play a "role" means that he will never fit into a ranked game, but then again, he does not necessarily try. (I also have to admit I hate seeing him go AD Sona, even when he ends up demolishing the lower lane as no one knows what to expect.)

So yea, you will have trolls, and you will have flame outs, but at your level, I can 95% promise you that you will eventually have a huge win streak and feel great. I went through the same thing at that level, and then went on a 20 game win streak and thought I was awesome, turns out my teams where just that good.

Just remember, it is a game, and have fun, and if you are really frustrated, sometimes a Bot game and an easy win can remind you of what it is like to win and carry hard so you stay having fun.

MrFluffehh

03-26-2013

Well if your really looking for someone not incompetent, though I'm not saying I'm entirely what your looking for, add me if your on NA server. I have a "team" that I usually play with and we are always looking for exceptional people to play with, because we hate having randoms. If you're gonna hold up your end and be a good player, we'll be more then happy to have you.

SeCKS Egai

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camtrip View Post
How many games in a row am I going to have to play where we lose no matter how good I play or how hard I try.

I'm level 21 and this is getting ridiculous, any and all level 30's please add me so I can play pubs with people who aren't completely incompetent *******s.

I'm not saying I'm level 30 material, but I'm constantly struggling to convey simple game concepts to the people my level (dragon, warding, team composition, ect) and it's frustrating the hell outta me.

Please get me out of level hell.
You aren't as good as you think you are. I know you're frustrated, but you gotta focus on you not them.

When I play on my level 14 smurf, I see people that outclass level 30s all the time (typically fellow smurfs). Even my very first game at level 3 it was clear there was another smurf in the game on the opposing team, I simply outplayed him focusing on objectives and where he focused on kills.

At the lower levels, one player can usually make a huge difference. The last game on my smurf I lost basically came down to a malphite and I (on Ashe) versus an Akali. Basically if she killed me, we lost the team fight. Ultimately, while we went back and forth, she got me in the fight that mattered most and we lost.