Brogan is....?

Good 2 66.67%
Bad 0 0%
75 % complete...what i am missing? 1 33.33%
25 % complete...what i am missing? 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Concept] Brogan - the Conqueror

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leo Tomita

03-24-2013

i am not finished yet...BRB...

Innate - Concussive Blow : Every 15 seconds Brogan prepares himself to deal bonus damage on next skill, the amount of targets affected by Concussive Blow decrease its cooldown. Brogan's next basic attack also consumes Concussive Blow and stun the target for a short period. Concussive Blow stack 3 times.

Stun: 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.25, 1.5, 1, 75, 2 seconds (cannot occur on the same target within 15 seconds )
Scales At: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14,16
Cooldown Decrease : 0.30, 0.40, 0.50, 0.60, 0.70, 0.80, 0.90, 1 second per target

Q - Onslaught: Brogan charges with extreme speed knocking aside all enemies on his path. At the end of Onslaught.
If Brogan have a Concussive Blow Stack, Onslaught turns into Massacre, he deals bonus damage in all enemies around the target.

Damage: 75, 90, 110, 130, 150 (+0.45 Total AP) as Magical Damage.
Knockback: 125 units.
Range: 300 units.
MS Boost: 300%.
Massacre AoE Size: 200 units.
Massacre Bonus Damage: 10% Total MS as Magical Damage.
Mana Cost: 100.
Cooldown: 15 seconds.

W - Disruption:
Pasive: Basic attacks has a chance to add a Concussive Blow Stack, cannot occur more than once every 4 seconds.
Active: Brogan hits his own shield very strongly, sending a shockwave that slows all targets in a area around him.
With Concussive Blow, Disruption becomes Disable and doubles the slow .

Concussive Blow Chance: 10% (+ 2% per level).
Damage: 55, 65, 75, 85, 95 (+0.80 Total AP) as Magical Damage
Slow: 20, 22.5, 25, 27.5, 30% for 2 seconds (Disable 40, 45, 50, 55, 60% for 2 seconds )
AoE Size 450 units
Mana Cost: 75
Cooldown: 10 seconds

E - Batter: A shield attack that hits for increase damage and slow enemy's attacks for a short duration.
With Concussive Blow Batter becomes Shield Bash and knockbacks slightly all enemies in a cone in front of Brogan.

Damage: 45, 70, 95, 120, 145 (+ 1.0 Bonus AD)
Attack Speed Debuff: 30, 35, 40, 45, 50% for 2 seconds
Cone Size: 200 units with 125
Mana Cost: 50
Cooldown: 7 seconds

i do the math..this skill is balanced with Garen/Wukong/Trundle/Nasus...

R - Hew: A massive attack which consumes all Ardor stacks of the target.
With Concussive Blow, Hew becomes Pulverize and stuns the target for a short period.

Damage: 100, 150, 200 (+ 0. 65 Total AD) as Physical Damage
Mana Cost: 100
Stun: 1 second
Cooldown: 20

Quote:
Base Stats:

Health: 450 (+70) = 1710
Health Regen: 8 (+0.8) =22.4
Attack Damage: 47 (+4) = 119
Attack Speed: 0.65 (+3.5%) = 1.505
Mana: 380 (+20) = 740
Mana Regen: 7 (+0.7) = 19.6
Armor: 20 (+2) = 56
Magic Res: 30 (+1) = 48
Range: 125
Move Speed: 340
Leo Tomita Index Page

Leo Tomita

03-25-2013

i think i have finished...please give me a heads up on the

Quote:
10~20?
parts, because i am in doubt!

TheDeathstalker

03-25-2013

Hey, a familiar name! Good to see the entire community didn't turn over in the past 6 months...

Anywho, as for the champ... I think reworking your language is step 1. As of right now, you switch between calling things Ardor stacks and Concussive Blow stacks, and, for the life of me, I can't tell the difference between the two, if there is any (and if there is, you've got another problem, which is you've put too much into the innate, but I'm getting ahead of myself)

I really really like the feel of this guy, like he'd just keep banging around the battlefield and being a boss. That's really cool, and it shows in each of his skills, which is great, and the Passive only makes it better. As for the specific skills...

I love the base idea of the passive. It's awesome, just is. I think the only problem I have with it is that you can accidentally waste it on an Auto-Attack. I mean, sure, stun is great, but you tend to Auto-Attack plenty, and having to not do so just to make your other skills do their cool things is a bit restrictive.

Oh...

I just figured out what you meant by the Concussive Blow stacks.... And I'm not sure I like it a whole lot. I like the idea of earning them back somehow, but not forcing you to Q first in a fight, because then you actually have some CB stacks to burn (or at least, having to use it for that, rather than making it a clever choice mechanic as to which boom skill to use)

Hrm... this is a design problem I'm sure you realized already, and the 3 max stacks, but refil with Q is your fix, so that you choose an attack pattern something like (with full stacks going in): Auto-Attack, E, Q, W, R, Auto-Attack, or something like that. That's cool, but... I dunno, it kinda makes the whole "the amount of targets affected by CB reduce its CD" thing. I think it would be much simpler to have some base requirement for refreshing the CB, rather than having it as you wait 45 seconds to build it up, then go 'zerk on them, using Q in the middle to recharge it, and then continue to blow your load on them.

Don't get me wrong, it fits the game, and it works well and all that, but... maybe I just like things simpler than that. Or maybe its the whole Ardor thing that makes it too much. Do you really need it? The only thing at the moment that uses it is the Ultimate, but you could probably just make it deal bonus damage to stunned enemies. Or better yet: Slowed enemies, with stun counting as a 100% slow.

Yeah, I think that makes me more Ok with the whole system, really. The innate felt like too much, but the mechanics of it are sound, it's just the Ardor being tacked on that is a bit too much, IMO. You don't interact with it in any meaningful way in the rest of the champ other than the ult (and applying it with everything else), but it's not really doing a whole lot of cool for you...

That's my thoughts, at least.

The Q is cool. I'd give it the lower cooldown (but it's ok with a high mana cost. You want it as much as you can, but it shouldn't be spammed) Really really like the skill.

The W is neat, but the Passive part putting on Ardor is meh, largely because Ardor is meh. Now... if you simply make the passive part make his Auto-Attacks deal AoE damage, it's got free synergy with CB. I like the rest though. Big AoE is fine, but the 4s super-slow in that big an area may not be... up to you though, but I'd limit the slow doubling to only the effect, not the duration.

The E is likewise great. Maybe an AS debuff on someone with a MS debuff and a stun is a bit much, but meh, they're rare enough that it's probably fine. As for cone size... it's probably fine. maybe a bit small, and could only fit a champ or two in it, but at 7s CD it's fine.

Ok, well, this is probably not a big surprise, but... R is awesome too. You did a good job. Only recommendation, which I put before, is to drop the whole Ardor concept, and make the ult deal base damage, plus bonus damage based on their slow (so say 15% slow, 15% bonus damage, that kinda deal, so that a stun is a free double-damage).

I like it, and hope to keep seeing you around these parts when I check in next time (probably in another half year or so, lol)

Leo Tomita

03-25-2013

yo my king i made the Ardor Stacks more usefull...see if you like it!

TheDeathstalker

03-25-2013

I'm still not extremely fond of it. The whole Champ runs 95% the same without Ardor, it just makes his damage more conditional on focusing targets, which doesn't seem to be his niche, exactly. I really think it's just overcomplication for the sake of overcomplication, but I've been wrong before. I liked it before, if anything, but it still seems tacked on, a completely different system than the one running his game and thinking...

Leo Tomita

03-27-2013

also here

Mytharionas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

Skills:

Quote:
Innate - Concussive Blow : Every 15 seconds Brogan prepares himself to deal bonus damage on next skill, the amount of targets affected by Concussive Blow decrease its cooldown. Brogan's next basic attack also consumes Concussive Blow and stun the target for a short period. Concussive Blow stack 3 times. Brogan's skills also mark the targets with Ardor Stacks up to 4 stacks per target, enemies lose 5% of their defenses per Ardor Stack.
There's a lot going on with this passive. You could use it with your skills to increase your damage, or use a basic attack to stun a foe. It also appears to stack so you could use this bonus three times in succession, whether you attack to stun different enemies, or pile on the damages with more abilities. It does seem like an ability that could be used to great effect, but then there's this Ardor thing that really seems like it could be a passive in its own right.

Honestly, i'm not sure Brogan needs both of these on one passive. If I had to suggest anything in order to keep these two different elements, I would move one of those passives to being under a basic ability, probably Disruption.

Quote:
Q - Onslaught: Brogan charges with extreme speed knocking aside all enemies on his path. At the end of Onslaught, if Brogan have a Concussive Blow Stack, Onslaught turns into Massacre, he deals bonus damage in all enemies around the target. All targets receive a Ardor Stack. Brogan gains Concussive Blow Stacks per unit damaged by Massacre.
So, if Brogan has a Concussive Blow stack, Onslaught becomes a stronger version of itself (I assume). Judging from the nature of Concussive Blow, I assume Brogan would be best used to initiate and get as much Ardor and Concussive Blow around as possible before he loses his stacks. That said, if the rest of the abilities allow Brogan to recover Concussive Blow from using them, that moment of vulnerability may not come.

Quote:
W - Disruption: Pasive: Basic attacks has a chance to add a Ardor stack on target and grants Brogan a Concussive Blow, cannot occur more than once every 4 seconds.
Active: Brogan hits his own shield very strongly, sending a shockwave that slows all targets in a area around him. With Concussive Blow, Disruption becomes Disable, doubles the slow and duration. All targets receive a Ardor stack
Remember when I said that one of the two components on the Concussive Blow ability could stand to be moved to another ability as a passive? I'm thinking the Ardor thing might be better served moving to here. Although it does seem like Onslaught stands alone in massive CB generation, so we won't have to worry about unlimited concussive power for the time being.

As for the ability itself, I can see it combining quite well with Onslaught. My only concern is that the current passive would make the points where you don't have Concussive Blow extremely short, as Onslaught can readily build CB from just one stack.

Quote:
E - Batter: A shield attack that hits for increase damage and slow enemy's attacks for a short duration. With Concussive Blow Batter becomes Shield Bash and knockbacks slightly all enemies in a cone in front of Brogan. All targets receive a Ardor stack.
Not much to say on this one. It's a pretty nifty ability, and it appears to synergize well with Onslaught and Disruption, at least when you've got Concussive Blow. I would venture that Brogan would be quite the impressive tank with such abilities.

Quote:
R - Hew: A massive attack which consumes all Ardor stacks of the target, with Concussive Blow, Hew becomes Pulverize and stuns the target for a short period, if the enemy dies Pulverize cooldown is halved.
This does seem deserving of the ultimate spot, a massive attack that can be empowered by deft usage of your other abilities. Having it consume the Ardor stacks is also a pretty good choice, since this ability would most likely be used to finish a fight. That said, halving the cooldown seems slightly unnecessary on a 20 second cooldown ability.

Final Thoughts:
Brogan is looking pretty good on the skillset side of things. My only real issue is that his passive currently seems like two different passives. Unfortunately, the way the skillset is constructed relies heavily on both passives at once, which would be kinda awkward to change. My only suggestion to fix this quickly is moving one component to another ability as a passive.

I might check back in once the lore is complete, but for now, I hope my review has helped you out.

Leo Tomita

04-14-2013

Quote:
There's a lot going on with this passive. You could use it with your skills to increase your damage, or use a basic attack to stun a foe. It also appears to stack so you could use this bonus three times in succession, whether you attack to stun different enemies, or pile on the damages with more abilities. It does seem like an ability that could be used to great effect, but then there's this Ardor thing that really seems like it could be a passive in its own right.

Honestly, i'm not sure Brogan needs both of these on one passive. If I had to suggest anything in order to keep these two different elements, I would move one of those passives to being under a basic ability, probably Disruption
i like to see your opinion on Ardor before i remove it...now i can do it in peace of mind...danke

Quote:
So, if Brogan has a Concussive Blow stack, Onslaught becomes a stronger version of itself (I assume). Judging from the nature of Concussive Blow, I assume Brogan would be best used to initiate and get as much Ardor and Concussive Blow around as possible before he loses his stacks. That said, if the rest of the abilities allow Brogan to recover Concussive Blow from using them, that moment of vulnerability may not come
the enemies affected by CB lowers its cooldown...i might put CB stacks on 2...instead of 3...and CB has 15 sec cooldown with no CD reduction effect...even if brogan hits 5~8 minions the cooldown will only goes to 10~7 seconds and he needs to have at least 1 stack to "farm" another one

Quote:
This does seem deserving of the ultimate spot, a massive attack that can be empowered by deft usage of your other abilities. Having it consume the Ardor stacks is also a pretty good choice, since this ability would most likely be used to finish a fight. That said, halving the cooldown seems slightly unnecessary on a 20 second cooldown ability.
agreed

Quote:
I might check back in once the lore is complete, but for now, I hope my review has helped you out.
always is...

Leo Tomita

04-15-2013

cleaned