[COLLECTIVE REVIEW] Veigar. Worth Buying?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarchZero

12-05-2009

Title says it all. Okay, maybe i'm egocentric, and you may think 'Hey this noob uses a thread just to ask for help', but yes, this is collective, so everybody's opinion matter i guess. And i guess other people could see this thread too as a reference, don't you think?

Topic To Discuss:
Veigar. Our (not-so)friendly yordle here, is a great offense mage with 3 nuke skills and a stun to wrap the nice, literally-small package. Possible role: Pusher, harasser, hero assassin, burst damage or support. First skill and ultimate definitely will add more bulk to his small size if used carefully.

Questions:
-For 1350 IP, is it worth buying for permanent character? According to the prescription listed in the packaging, he can deal a lot of damage.
-Being a nuker [Nuker: Damage first, mana later. Squishes squishy heroes, and scares people away at early game with face-melting damage. Late game? AP items pls.], do we need skills to play it?
-What level and what kind of player would prefer to buy it?

Thanks everybody.
Regards,
DarchZero

BM Aphotix

12-05-2009

I would say there are better nukers in the game, but he is completely viable.

If you are not used to him, it could take a few games to practice landing EH (his aoe stun) as soon as you spawn it.

If you like nukers and aren't satisfied with any that you currently have, he is worth a try.

EDIT: I mean "nukers" as in the overall character. Veigar may very well do the most damage in a 2 second window.

khaltep

12-05-2009

Veigar is absolutely worth buying. It is essential, however, to remember to properly last hit with your Q to farm out AP early game, and to use your E to both defend and attack properly. He can be a worthless squishy who gets farmed all game if you can't use your E, or a rage inducing 2 shotter if you can defend yourself and farm enough ability power with your R and your Q.

Luchen

12-05-2009

What under the "nuker" category do you have so far?
I'd recommend you to get annie first, and then move on to veigar. The issue i take with veigar is that he can be very situational and can get really screwd over by a bad start since he depends so much on his snowball stats.

EchoRex

12-05-2009

He's the bar none most damaging burst champion in the game against mana dependent champions.

That being said, he requires good positioning and situational awareness, a learned aim with his AoE, a learned aim with his stun, and lots of last hitting in the early and mid game.

Fear oO

12-06-2009

Im a new player, i Play League of Legends for like...4 days.
I bought Veigar yesterday and i regret it. Not because it is a bad champion, actually, its very good, buuuut also very dependent on your player skills, since i have none (yes, none) it was not a good deal, but there are some players that really R4P3 other champions with Veigar.
So, i think Veigar is very hard to master ._. but in general, is a good champion.

EchoRex

12-06-2009

In general buying any champions before you've gotten to play them is a bad idea, excepting the bundle ones of course just because they're cheap when like that

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-06-2009

I would definitely hold off on buying Veigar for a little while =). He is a champion that requires many basic skills and also benefits greatly from masteries/runes. I'd suggest starting out learning a different champ that is more straightforward, such as Annie. However, don't forget about him, because after you do know what's going on, no one can compete with Veigar in the face-melting category.

Kyle700

12-06-2009

That's how I went, I got alright at Annie at first, and then bought Veigar.
Veigar, is a ****ing badass. he's a but more useful then Annie in team fights, has one of the more awesome escapes (The AoE stun) a really nice AoE which is hard to get the hang of, and one of the better nuking ults in the game.
But that being said, Veigar is a very finicky char to get to learn, and because of that, I suggest going Annie first, maybe Ryze, and then moving onto the Face melting, Hadoken owning Master of evil.
Lol.

Valcurdra

12-06-2009

He is a great hero and really worth buying. Although if your new I would go with someone else first because viegar is very difficult to play well.

If played well he is very powerful though.