Leblanc Counters (a list)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WiddershinsMcgee

11-04-2010

A lot of people have been having problem with Leblanc. I thought we could start a discussion about some Leblanc counters. Such as:

* Morgana - She counter's Leblanc perfectly with her spell shield to block the silence. Just use it as she moves in. Some damage will still get through, so make sure to try to spell drain with Tormented Soil on some creeps before Leblanc recharges all of her cooldowns.
* Lux - Oddly enough she can keep her out of range while nuking her if she's played well.
* Banshee's Veil helps but isn't perfect.
* Mercury Treads - This should be a given.
* Chalice of Harmony. If you're going to be building mana regen anyway, you might want to pick this up if you see Leblanc or any big nukers on the other team.
* Anyone else with a silence. Malz/Kassadin/Cho'Gath/Garen

Any other suggestions?

Hiblakl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

<Insert Character with CC here>

Take iit Ez

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNLiLBeast View Post
<Insert Character with CC here>
Every hero can be countered with lots of CC...

Shukaku15

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

alistar, he can force her away from any chained allies, and pound her for her team to kill

IAMAnthro

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shukaku15 View Post
alistar, he ... can pound her
Heh.

h4rdr0ck

11-04-2010

Any melee dmg character can waste her life rly badly early game. As xin u can rush in and knock up for sirious dmg at lvl 2 without giving her much chance for casting. Great intimidation .

nevets04

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSmithJiggy View Post
And people still think CC is balanced xD

IAmMvP

11-05-2010

If your opposing Le Blanc just call 911.. Simple as that

Hiblakl

11-05-2010

Quote:
And most characters in the game have some form of CC for a reason, also, Quicksilver Sash kills her combo dmg.

Amadi

11-05-2010

Quote:
But only a chosen few can be countered with just one CC.

Quote:
* Morgana - She counter's Leblanc perfectly with her spell shield to block the silence. Just use it as she moves in. Some damage will still get through, so make sure to try to spell drain with Tormented Soil on some creeps before Leblanc recharges all of her cooldowns.
Morgana is also something that should either be banned or picked in every ranked game, ever. If this is not the case, something is horribly wrong.

Quote:
* Lux - Oddly enough she can keep her out of range while nuking her if she's played well.
Being Lux far outweighs countering LeBlanc. That's like picking Urgot to deal with champion X - Just not worth it. Unless they have a lot of other champions that get owned by Lux. And I can't think of any that do. And I haven't had any problems whatsoever with Luxes as LeBlanc.

Quote:
* Banshee's Veil helps but isn't perfect.
Chances are you should be getting BV at one point or another anyway. It's.. Pretty **** good.

Some more, in no particular order.

1 - Aegis: Aegis is OP. It's the next best item after boots in this game. If your team doesn't have Aegis, you're doing it wrong, and you should get it. Yes, even if you are Annie or Ashe.
2 - Wards: Despite being able to 3-shot you, LeBlanc cannot kill you unless she gets in range to cast her spells. Ward the bush next to your lane and she can't get close enough. When she can't get fed, she can't dominate the game, and will suck lategame.
3 - Karthus: Whenever I play LeBlanc, I'm happy no one plays Karthus. I always escape with some 20% health. In other words, Karthus could sodomize me every time I do anything. And he doesn't even have to be there to do it. He just has to exist.
4 - Kassadin: Kassadin is basically a better LeBlanc to begin with, but he is also a great counter to our favourite deceiver. Silence? Nom. AoE to hit when Le's invis? Check. Passive that really helps? Yeah. Ultimate that forces Le to use ultimate for chasing? More or less yeah.
5 - Shen: LeBlanc combos you. Shen ults you. You survive. LeBlanc has to go back or die, since she's squishy as hell.
6 - Soraka: See Shen, except Soraka also has a nice cool aura that reduces Le's damage by a fair margin. And a silence. Soraka might not be an awesome champion, though, so picking her just to counter LeBlanc probably isn't worth it, but she does do awesome job at it.
7 - Zhonya: If Blanc combos you in a teamfight, or at tower, and you click this, she'll feel like cutting her wrists, trust me. Hanging around for two seconds is not something she wants to do, because she's squishier than a Teemo plushie.
8 - Clairvoyance: Frankly, this also counters every champion that wants to aggressively gank. And is a staple in most ranked games. Also, overpowered as hell. Also, get this. Also. And.
9 - Heal: Do you know what sucks? Almost getting a kill, then the opponent healing. Especially if this happens at a tower or in middle of the enemy team.