Draz, elemental master.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orthas Utherson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

Wanted a champion that during champion selection wasn't counter pick able. due to this giving the team that picks second(in draft) the advantage to be able to counter pick champions. throwing off the first selection and allowing for better team composition.

Champion Description.
Human figure who's hair colour matches current element.(red, white, blue)
Wears black cargo pants while left leg from the knee down is made of the current element (pant leg stops at knee, ice being water)
Bare chest imprinted with tattoos that change with his ultimate.
Energy floats around his hands, colour changing with current element.

Ability Descriptions.

Quote:
Passive: Attunement.
Changes with the current element.
Bonus mana = 1.25xAP(water)
Bonus Damage = 1 for each 7* AP(Fire)
Bonus AP = 5%* of Max Mana(Lightning)
Also, All damage within the Fire element, is converted into Physical damage whereas damage in the Lightning element is magic damage.
Water element damage is Physical for auto attacks and magic for abilities.
A little bit of a boost to each the elements, giving them a bonus to their main stat while allowing you to use two elements.

Quote:
Q: Flare/Bolt/Purge
Flare deals damage to target 60/95/140/190/240(+.5 bonus ad) and %5-15 of damage dealt over 5 seconds,
Bolt deals damage to target 50/80/120/150/200(+.5ap)
Surge deals damage to all enemy's in a line (60/95/120/170/230 +3-8% of targets max health) and slows the target 5-25%
Mana costs: 60,60,60 + 5,10,5 per level
The damages and mana costs can and should be changed, these are just base levels.
The Q is the champions key damage source, unless build as the ADC.

Quote:
W: Immolate/Dash/Barrier
Immolate deals damage to enemies around you.(.75AD)
Dash you gain passive move speed and on active it removes unit collision and deals damage to units passed through.(.8AP)
Barrier creates a Toggled mana shield converting all damage into mana damage.(not sure on armour interference, greater levels of barrier absorb more damage per point of mana.)
The W is meant to be the way the champion escapes from or deals with close combat/damage as the shield stops the damage, the immolate helps kill and the dash allows for moving back to find a good position or to get into range faster.

Quote:
E:Sunlight/thunder/flood
Sunlight adds 5-15% of total attack damage dealt over 2 seconds.
Thunder deals damage and fears in an area after 2 seconds (.9AP)
Flood slows all enemy's in an area and reduces armour %15-35.
The E is meant as the CC ability, although the fire element gains an increase to damage instead to force the team to either protect you more or force you to risk dying more.
although the AP ratio is quite high considering the ability has a fear as well, it is also escapable and "Thunder" would have the highest cool down of all the abilities, being the lowest possible at 10 seconds.
The Shield is m favourite of al the abilities, due to early game it is a great way to reduce and mitigate for damage laning against the enemy teams primary damage dealer while also being a tax on the champion due to it using the resource used to help.

Quote:
R: Elemental discipline.
Starts with a base point, allowing for Element changing (does proc Tear of the goddess)
10 second cooldown.
Activating R changes which element your abilities are attuned to(fire/lightning/water). and removes element specific buffs, aka Immolate/Barrier.
Putting a point into ~"R" allows you to empower an element giving you bonus stats(fire=ad, lightning=ap, water=mana+regen) increasing the amount each time per element.
The ultimate is the generic ultimate for being a multi-form champion, although it has the bonus for each element that would have to be scaled to make sure that at level 6 it wasn't far too strong for example, gaining 50AD for the first point or 50AP, due to that Being such a huge bonus as the ratios on the abilities would be gaining all off it would have to be avoided for that allows for a huge level 6 power increase without needing an item that would cost around 1500 gold.

Orthas Utherson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Lore

During his early search for power, Xareth Learned how to infuse elements into living beings and how they effect different kinds of magic. During one of his tests, where Xareth learned how to infuse elements into an object, He discovered that there was immense power within each of the elements that could be harnessed although he wasn't yet powerful enough to control the magic he had found, destroying the object. His next test was to imbue a living being, although it could have been anyone, he needed someone that showed some initial magical power. this way the person had a chance at surviving the test although the chance was minimal. After a while he found his subject, feeling that the Human had traces of each element he was curious as to how the human's body would react to having much larger concentrations of magical energy forced into their body. After preparing a containment field to contain the event if the human was unable to withstand the power, Xareth started the test. Pushing incredible amounts of energy of the three elements that the human showed traces of into him, the humans body was beginning to break under the strain, parts of his body becoming destroyed. Xareth left, thinking that the test was a failure, but also seeing what happens to a being when such an immense amount of power is forced into it.

The human, although losing a small percentage of his body, was left in the containment field, unable to leave but also not seeming to age, his body so charged with elements, he became bored, and after being alone with himself for far to long, it didn't take him long until he started to learned how to control the three elements. although he had to separate them within his body, the concentration of the three elements being so vast that using all three to the full extent would destroy his body, something that the containment field happened to be able to reverse but only to a certain point, the small areas destroyed during the test being gone forever.

Might be changed, don't know how much of the story can have Xareth in it, due to me having to go take a read of Xareth's lore and seeing if there is a viable placement.

HingoftheKill

03-26-2013

There are a lot of really cool things here, lemme think where to begin...

I don't much care for the passive, mostly because it only will help the Lightning Discipline. I think that you should move some of the stuff from the ult into the passive - maybe make it that he gets bonus AD (based on mana if you still like that mechanic) in Fire form, bonus AP from mana in Lightning form, and bonus regen and movespeed in Water form? On that, I'm not sure if you intended this, but I think that he/she should have 1 point at level 1 so that he can switch between them.

I like his spells a lot... for the W shield, it would be weird having it a toggle in one form and a spell in another... perhaps it could be a shield that has a mana ratio? So like 80/120/160/200/240 + .2 AP + 10% total mana?

Somethign I worry about is whether there is much value in him/her buying AD, so it may help to give more benefit from auto attacking. Perhaps Sunlight on his E could be an on-hit effect with a good AD ratio? I think this is what you were going for, but his abilities in Fire form should probably also do physical damage.

I really like the idea of "no good way to counter" her damage... so maybe one suggestion on that - if fire is physical and lightning is magic, maybe have the damage from the Q include a %hp? That way you use Fire against champ with high MR, Lightning against champs with high Armor, and Water against champs with high health

Anyways it is a cool concept, I suggest that you start figuring out base stats, lore, description etc. Check out Wuffle's posts for links to many resources! And if you'd like to give me a rate back - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3003459. Thanks!

Orthas Utherson

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HingoftheKill View Post
There are a lot of really cool things here, lemme think where to begin...

I don't much care for the passive, mostly because it only will help the Lightning Discipline. I think that you should move some of the stuff from the ult into the passive - maybe make it that he gets bonus AD (based on mana if you still like that mechanic) in Fire form, bonus AP from mana in Lightning form, and bonus regen and movespeed in Water form? On that, I'm not sure if you intended this, but I think that he/she should have 1 point at level 1 so that he can switch between them.
Thanks!
The changing passive is a great idea, the current passive greats the power to build mana intensive AP items so you can switch into the water form.
The ultimate would of course need to start with a base point, due to the champion needing to be able to swap early on, being one of the reasons he would be very hard to counter.

Quote:
I like his spells a lot... for the W shield, it would be weird having it a toggle in one form and a spell in another... perhaps it could be a shield that has a mana ratio? So like 80/120/160/200/240 + .2 AP + 10% total mana?
The reason for the toggles is so there is some difference in the way people would play him to other champions of the same build type(adc, support, caster)
Its also a secondary reason for the mana shield being the way it is, It means you can build Heavy mana items and heavy mana regen items and be a problem for people while not having to worry about taking a few hits from an ADC during lane phase, and it means that items that provide both would be another choice due to the double "effective Health"
Quote:
Something I worry about is whether there is much value in him/her buying AD, so it may help to give more benefit from auto attacking. Perhaps Sunlight on his E could be an on-hit effect with a good AD ratio? I think this is what you were going for, but his abilities in Fire form should probably also do physical damage.
The damage scales would have to help with the playability, although the extra damage added by placing points into the ultimate in the fire element "should" be enough the make this a champion that will be able to match the others, for example, you would build a tear of the goddess on all three paths due to the power to spam and get such a huge bonus from it.

Quote:
I really like the idea of "no good way to counter" her damage... so maybe one suggestion on that - if fire is physical and lightning is magic, maybe have the damage from the Q include a %hp? That way you use Fire against champ with high MR, Lightning against champs with high Armor, and Water against champs with high health
The damages should be spread like that, I agree completely, and I also like the idea of the water element doing the HP% damage, although, it would have to be lower than a normal HP% ability, due to the water class having inherently high mana regen and the power to use abilities quite often and the best item that I can think of being "Athene's holy grail" wich gives the water element everything that it will need apart from armour..

I will take a look at Wuffle's Post and ill tweak some of the stats....
But I'm thinking the lore would have something to do with Xareth,or Ryze

Orthas Utherson

04-11-2013

meow

Death By A Bunny

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthas Utherson View Post
Basically wanted a champion that was pretty much pointless to try to counter pick
Am I the only person who sees what's wrong with this phrase? Do you realize how broken the game would be if there was a champion with no counter-play? Regardless, let's review what you did with your skills:

Quick note - why did you only put scalings only on the first skill? It feels like you got lazy after writing your Q.

Fire
Q - Nothing special here. Standard damage and DoT.
W - nothing special here.
E -"adds 5-15% of total attack damage dealt". What exactly does this apply to? Other skills? Basic attacks? All of the above?

Lightning
Q - standard mediocre damage.
W - activate identical to Alistars passive.
E - Area fear? This better be a very small area.

Water
Q - pretty weak slow, even as an AoE skill.
W - I don't understand what "Xdamagepm". How much damage is converted to damage to your mana?
E - Another slow with your slow? Really? Armor shred is pretty weak but since it's AoE it's ok.

Ulti
Grants a certain freedom of choice. Does investing more than one point on an element multiply its effect by then umber of points?

Conclusion: Meh. There's nothing unique about this champion that truly sets it apart from others. You're flat out damage and slow, and with the use of multiple kits, you'd expect them to somehow interact in a fun way. For example, Jayce in cannon mode can shoot his Q through an acceleration gate, dealing increased damage, and then run through the gate for a speed boost, change into melee form and engage with his increases defensive stats. All you have is differentiating damage calculations which truly don't allow for counter play, which is an absolutely and completely broken concept.

Orthas Utherson

04-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By A Bunny View Post
Am I the only person who sees what's wrong with this phrase? Do you realize how broken the game would be if there was a champion with no counter-play?

Quick note - why did you only put scalings only on the first skill? It feels like you got lazy after writing your Q.
The reason the scaling's are on the first skill only, is because It was a basis damage set, the damages would need to be changed to meet balancing criteria, Also, Due to the champion being un-counter-pick-able WOULDNT be broken, it would just mean your opponent would have to play around your champion, it would force the games with draz to be different to a standard game due to the team having to pick champions that have better synergy together rather then just picking champions that are alone strong.

Quote:
Fire

Q - Nothing special here. Standard damage and DoT.
W - nothing special here.
E -"adds 5-15% of total attack damage dealt". What exactly does this apply to? Other skills? Basic attacks? All of the above?
The skills for the Fire element have to be watched closely, due to them having the potential to become to strong, the E adds a Dot to the basic attack equal to a % of total attack damage, I thought that was pretty straight forward from the wording. ALSO, the % would have to be ramped up moderately from 5% at level 1 to somewhere around 40% due to this being the champions "Role bonus ability"

Quote:
Lightning
Q - standard mediocre damage.
W - activate identical to Alistars passive.
E - Area fear? This better be a very small area.

Water
Q - pretty weak slow, even as an AoE skill.
W - I don't understand what "Xdamagepm". How much damage is converted to damage to your mana?
E - Another slow with your slow? Really? Armor shred is pretty weak but since it's AoE it's ok.
The lightning W is actually the same as Kennen's, and I thought for a lightning based ability, it would be really good. as it is an escape while also allowing you to chase.
The reason for the second slow is due to the champion not having a standard ultimate.
Also, the fear is for the same reason. each part of the champion needs to have an ability that will work for the role as either an escape or something that the role would normally do, but it cant be overly strong to the ability's needing to have a low cool down to make the champion viable for the role in the early and mid game.
an Area fear is something that would be typically an ultimate, although the area would be much smaller than a standard ultimate.
As would be the toggled mana shield, which I also thought was pretty straight forward with the wording that I have used, "1damagepm" is something that would be read as " 1 damage per mana". remember, reading a new champion you might have to learn new terminology that isn't always added, some things are assumed that you will be able to work out.

Also, with regards to the ultimate and how the points are allocated for the bonus'
each point will give you bonus stats.
having multiple points in the same stat will give you an added bonus, different from the stats. for example, having one in fire may give you 10 damage, but the second would make it 30 damage + 10% armour pen.
as the stats can by used by the abilitys though, and the stats will be used to make a noticeable difference for the champion if you happened to place points into another element.... so in a mirror match of water element Draz, the draz with 2 water points would be better at his role than the Draz with one water and one lightning, although this second Draz would be able to help another role with damage output.

IN CONCLUSION
The champion would have to be countered IN GAME, something that I much rather, then having rune pages set on each champion from the champion select that are tailored to the team they are playing against. I prefer there being some things in the game that add some level of complexity, having a champion that you will have to actually look at, and check the stats for isn't something that going to break the game, its just something that will needed to be adjusted for while playing, there are currently champions that are already played like this, for example, Tristana AD/AP and master YI ad/AP

Orthas Utherson

04-13-2013

would love some more feedback, if anyone has a table that shows different caster ability ratios together it would be awesome.

sectioned for future use.

Orthas Utherson

04-14-2013

sectioned for future use.

Orthas Utherson

04-14-2013

bump..