Unearthed - The tales of a man declared dead

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volgust

03-23-2013

Important update: My muse seems to have died on me, idk why but I won't toss in any more bump-posts or whatnot and just edit this more often. I'd like to thank everyone that's taken a look at it as it's hit over 1,000 views! I wanna try to continue with the story but I feel that if I force myself, I'll just degrade the quality of it. Hope you folk understand :c When I can, I'll update it again but for now, I hope it doesn't take too long because I know what will happen in the longer term of the plot, It's just how to do it between the next chapter and then.

Probably due to the sheer size of what I have in store, it is looking like a daunting task and my brain may've shutdown because of it, I'm not entirely sure but I'll try to get to it piece at a time

Hey all,

This is my own story based off of my own character Ion - The crystalline Magus, I intend for it to be a heavy-action story rated M for violence and potential 'lemon'. I already have the story lain out, though depending on feedback and comments, it is very open to change. One such thing is that I'd like the community to choose the pairing he may have (depending on how it evolves etc) before I insert the preview (thus far I only have the prologue but it surely will continue to expand into something I hope everyone will enjoy) I'd like to say;

Inspiration to write again was rekindled after reading Guiding Light because of just how amazing it is. Also, currently on To the Edge of Light's reach which is also a very nice read only 13 chapters in!

Prologue:

Life as a child in the state of Noxus is a hard land for any child to grow up in, having the name 'Ratis' did not quite help. At the simple age of ten did he already come to know the basic motto of the land, "Strength beats strength" and with that, he would start to seek it out with ire in any form he could muster. Initially, asking the parents, "Well, nothing much you can do at such an age. Just wait 'till you're older." the mother told him, "With enough training and practice, you'll never have to worry about anyone else ever again. Long as it is your hand with the weapon, never let another person hold their blade for you or next thing you know, it is in your back." Sound wisdom for a place such as this. Though, with time passing by all the more, Ratis started to become impatient, the name calling and teasing for a specific few were starting to show mental strain on the young lad. Slipping out of bed, he would confront his father about the verbal assailants, "Ho? Getting bullied are you?" the burning fire being kindled further with a bit of adjusting with the poker, "Simple, make it so that they cannot do anything to you without fear of harsh, curt retaliation, Ratis." A grin a man should not behold towards his child was shown, thus the beginnings of the Noxian culture were to be shown to him.

Leaving the fire for a moment, the broad man, darkly tanned with heavily calloused hands and just able to stand a head taller than most, would produce a pocket knife. The measly size of the blade in such a large hand seemed almost as if it was a blunt toy. Upon testing it with his own thumb, "Take it lad. Hide it here tomorrow." slipping half of it into the waistline of his son's trousers, "When they come, let'em get close. Real close and have a go at his eye." the blade was short enough to not actually puncture the brain unless the hilt was forced through the socket, a bit extra force would be needed, which a child would not be able to produce. The small bade had pits within it, each hand sharpened to be able to not just slide in for a stab but cause further internal damage as well. Being the military's blacksmith, lead to requests far, far worse than such a simple dagger. Though in the mind of Ratis, the weight of the blade was something akin to obtaining new strength, running off to bed. The next day would come faster than anyone but he, would have wanted.

The mother questioned his giddiness the next day, from sulking as he left to ready to have a go at the day like it was something to look forward to. Though throughout the day, the name calling started again. For everyone else, it was a day like any other, typical routines and usual timetables. For Ratis, the true excitement was to start after the school released them. Despite everything, he seemed fine and unable to be irritated by the constant name calling. 'When classes finish...the eye...I will make him pay!' came the resolve of the young one. He had come up with a plan, lead them away from general view and have away at them where instant help would be unattainable along with being left merely to his own decisions with regards to their fate. The antagonists, 'Gerivard Ulstrum' and 'Jules Mantle' were a shabby pair. The fact that the De Tere'nu family were associated with the military would provoke some to make the child come off as weak and disgrace the family name, other, more sensible folk would keep away from him as angering some of the higher-talented hands in the Noxian forgeries was not the best idea.

If you liked it so far, I'll direct you to: Start of story link and 'Current chapter' when available. I hope to be able to write larger chapters as I honestly think 1k words is not enough, albeit I hope it may start getting your attention for further chapters!

Alrighty, I managed to get chapter 1 up! Extra note added on top. Due to adding a Prologue, the chapter numbers in accordance to FanFiction are going to be one extra ahead than the 'actual' chapter. So please bear with me on that front. I blame the website's stupid automated system for not simply letting people come up with the ability to add in a prologue / epilogue :v, also, it's half the length of what I promised, which personally, is really, really annoying. Which means expect them to get longer so I can finally achieve the amount of content I wish to deliver per-chapter!

Edit: I've managed to start picking up on the chapter length which is starting to make me feel a lot better! Keeping it consistent above 3-4K which is pretty good length I'd like to say for the past 3 chapters so I'm happy for the time being. That aside, I hope you guys start to get dragged a bit deeper into the plot as it continues to wind down the road it is following! Soon there shall be a new champion within the fields of justice and I'm thanking you guys for being so patient with me to let the story unfold and start to bloom!

[CENTER]Chapters:

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Blood Within Noxus
Chapter 2: Brewing trouble
Chapter 3: Battle Royal
Chapter 4: The man declared dead
Chapter 5: Crystallization of Will
Chapter 6: Galvanized crimson streams
Chapter 7: Tranquillity
Chapter 8: Welcome to the League
Chapter 9: The Raven's Grin
Chapter 10: The Raven's Grin[/CENTER]

Volgust

03-24-2013

Chapter 1 WIP, so far 1,600 or so words. I'm aiming to start picking things up to an approximate 5k average but things are still opening up. I'll probably have it up later on today.

Volgust

03-24-2013

Finally posted up Chapter 1! I'd appreciate any offers for proof-reader(s), feedback and suggestions! So far I hit about 2,5k words in this chapter (from about 1k or so from the prologue) so I'm slowly managing to get up where I want to be.

Volgust

03-25-2013

Chapter 2 is up, slaving for a while to get it done as the story crashed on me and thus lost me 1,000~or so words but with the power of music (and being bored derpderp) I not only completed it but managed it to finally start hitting the word limit average I had set! I hope you guys like, as always, feedback etc is always welcome!

saladeo

03-25-2013

Bookmarked, i guess i dont have so much time to read but i will do in 20 hours tough

Volgust

03-26-2013

Added another chapter! It's shorter, but that is because I want the good action to be in a chapter of it's own. Soon the twist, turns and Institute of war shall soon be the focus! But how?

Keep on tuning in to see how it develops~

Volgust

03-28-2013

Updated again! Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday, I hope this intense chapter makes up for the buildup I've been following through to this.

Volgust

03-31-2013

Hey, another update. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it, I wouldn't mind expanding on it and adding into some more depth how the training was performed on a week-by-week overview. I got the idea but put it aside as it may end up extending the chapter by a large amount and possibly bore the reader. I can arrange it if any of you guys think it's a good idea to do it but for now I'll just keep on with the tale until replies start filtering in.

Volgust

04-02-2013

Chapter 6 is up! Finally ending the first arc to the story, how many more planned?

A few~ :3

As always, comments, feedback etc are always appreciated!

Volgust

04-05-2013

fjaiosjdioasjdoiajsfioasjdioa

Chapter 7 is out! I've been getting more reviews from the FF Website and I'm so glad that people are liking the way how it is going ;A;/ ! This is a bit of a 'Calm before the storm' chapter so I hope it isn't boring D: it was a biiiiiitch trying to get Iona pictured without any image references aside from the Placidium so I hope I did it well ._____.