LP, Ranking, MMR, and You

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yazkin

03-23-2013

I've seen a lot of posts about the new(ish) LP system going on, and they all seem to complain about their win/lose streak bringing them down too far. It's about time i just posted this on GD as a whole (and hopefully reds will sticky/add information).

When you play just normals, you get an MMR based on your win/lose ratio. Once you decide to enter ranked, that MMR is used to put you with others of that close of an MMR. Once those preliminaries are up and you get into a league, your MMR is averaged with those last games you played to qualify in ranked.

That being said, a person with low MMR that wins 6/10 games might get put in bronze II. High MMR with 4/10 might get put in Silver or Gold III.

The LP gain/loss is based on that current MMR you have obtained. A person with a higher MMR that is placed in a lower tier will get points gained in a positive manner (win +20 loss -10 for example). Not only will the player MOST LIKELY go up divisions and leagues, but their MMR will increase.

After so many games, the points begin to even out and keep you in a league until you increase your MMR enough for the system to say "He's getting too good, we need to place him with others like him." and then bump you up into the positive ratio again.

This is also said for the lower MMR. A person placed higher than intended will get a negative ratio of LP. (saying they have low MMR and win 10/10 matches). If the person wins enough games, they will begin to even out and keep them in that league. Then increase normally.

If the person doesn't win enough games, they will be dragged down to where their MMR is even with the others they play with. This is when the LP gains even out as well. And, like the latter, they can win games to increase their MMR and move up according to the system be it a large LP gain in one win or LP gain overtime that is positive.

Yazkin

03-23-2013

bump

TheKMAP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

im still winning 33 points a game at diamond

i <3 my mmr

also, as far as i can tell, normal elo hasn't changed. its not based on win loss ratio and never has been. the closest approximation is the number of wins you have over losses but is still not accurate.

also, your s3 mmr is based on previous ranked records. for example i did a lot of games in the preseason, was about 2kish when i finished. when i logged in i got placed into plat 3.

if youve never done ranked ever on that account im pretty sure you just get placed at 1200 elo like before (whatever that means now... silver/bronze)

the only time elo from one ladder affects another is when you make a ranked 5s team. you get mmr on rank 5s based on your solo q rank

El Pako

05-17-2013

is there a way for knowing how many wins you need for getting your "regular" mmr back? i lost like 7 ranked games in a row... duoing with some silver V friends lol... now i only get like 4-7lp per win and lose like 28... i think i already won enough games but i keep getting 7ish lp... if you know a website or something like that lemme know please