Wow!!! These Nerfs and Buffs...just wow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IIZeusII

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
AP yi and AP try werent actually that good in s2. The s3 overhaul made both stronger but they were still gimmicks. Moscow 5 plays champs like that to pretty much mock people and have fun.
Why are you always talking about championship games???
Diamond players can do good with champ even with karma. But riots main player base is not diamond players. Slightly Overpowered champs can make a good difference for normal player. This is still a 10 player game so anything can happen. Noobs like you don't even realize if someone goes afk for 5 mins but it affects their gameplay beyond ur tiny brains imagination xD

SecxyBear

03-23-2013

I have a feeling you guys are looking at these Nerfs wrong.

The Garen nerfs just allow an exploitable window for counter-play and force him to build tough to be tough. (which both sound like good things to me)

The Singed nerfs stop him having upwards of 60% cc reduction giving opponents the ability to effectively do something about Singed if they play well. The fling nerf is more to emphasize the utility of the spell and that singed is not supposed to do damage in a burst-ish way.

These nerfs improve counterplay. Before there were no TRULY EFFECTIVE ways to deal with champs like Singed and Garen, these nerfs help that. Particularly the Garen nerfs. The cooldown nerfs don't really diminish his performance, they just encourage Garen players to have to think about when they use their skills a tiny bit more than they currently have to.

All in all, Champs like Singed an Garen are seen by a large majority as no-skill champions. So improving counter-play makes these champs more difficult to play without removing so much of the power they hold in game. I'd bet the better Garen and Singed played barely felt these nerfs....

Zeusaldor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
I would like to say something about this. Remember around two years ago when Try got his current rework? It took two years for people to realize it was OP, the thing is, in the post made by a forum goer saying how bad AP Try was back then Staikk said AP Try might actually be a threat now that he doesn't even need stacks to heal.

It isn't that Riot doesn't notice these things, they just don't react to them until the problem is putforth and abused. Let's be honest, had they nerfed AP Try's ratios 2 years ago, you would have insulted them and you know it.
That's the only good comment so far.
Yes I understand what you are trying to say but they could just nerf them a little and make them kinda balanced champs for players of all elo. After Voyboy rapes with Olaf they nerf him so much that he is impossible to win with if u r a normal player. Same goes to singed and Garen. I want to see "balanced" champs not underpowered ones

Arcticfury

03-23-2013

Taric and Sejuani are my two favorites right now, neither are anywhere near UP though I read people spouting complete vomit on these forums claiming that they are now so UP.

Yes Taric had his useless passive replaced with a decent one. If you hit minions while not getting last hit you forced your ADC to over push lanes when that isn't always good, so you more or less either hurt your team far more than replenished mana could help or you simply didn't get any benefit from it, both are bad. He now has a longer late game stun, .1 seconds longer, but the lower length early on were pretty pointless since you were receiving gank help early on and now in team fights you get a little extra length, I'll take it. His shatter was never a huge advantage and nerfing it doesn't mean much when his auto attacks actually do damage now. It's like people read the reduced time, reduced damage or lengthened CD and completely ignore anything else and yell UP. Complete vomit.

Sejuani is awesome after her first clear, and anyone who plays her for a 15-20 games can tell you that she is definitely in the balanced range.

Garen still rocks, every time I'm paired with or against one they still do extremely well, and Singed is still completely viable.

If you're going to make such a strong post then at least give real examples and not these pathetic examples born of ignorance and a lack of understanding of the game.

Barcster

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
Taric and Sejuani are my two favorites right now, neither are anywhere near UP though I read people spouting complete vomit on these forums claiming that they are now so UP.

Yes Taric had his useless passive replaced with a decent one. If you hit minions while not getting last hit you forced your ADC to over push lanes when that isn't always good, so you more or less either hurt your team far more than replenished mana could help or you simply didn't get any benefit from it, both are bad. He now has a longer late game stun, .1 seconds longer, but the lower length early on were pretty pointless since you were receiving gank help early on and now in team fights you get a little extra length, I'll take it. His shatter was never a huge advantage and nerfing it doesn't mean much when his auto attacks actually do damage now. It's like people read the reduced time, reduced damage or lengthened CD and completely ignore anything else and yell UP. Complete vomit.

Sejuani is awesome after her first clear, and anyone who plays her for a 15-20 games can tell you that she is definitely in the balanced range.

Garen still rocks, every time I'm paired with or against one they still do extremely well, and Singed is still completely viable.

If you're going to make such a strong post then at least give real examples and not these pathetic examples born of ignorance and a lack of understanding of the game.
Taric is bad now. I've been playing him in mulitple games and now he's bad. Its like enemies have 21 tenacity that reduces by 7 tenacity every rank of dazzle not including the first rank. Now his W has its damage taken away. Its not the passive change that nerfed him its the most recent dazzle and shatter nerfs that have made him bad.

Zeusaldor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecxyBear View Post
I have a feeling you guys are looking at these Nerfs wrong.

The Garen nerfs just allow an exploitable window for counter-play and force him to build tough to be tough. (which both sound like good things to me)

The Singed nerfs stop him having upwards of 60% cc reduction giving opponents the ability to effectively do something about Singed if they play well. The fling nerf is more to emphasize the utility of the spell and that singed is not supposed to do damage in a burst-ish way.

These nerfs improve counterplay. Before there were no TRULY EFFECTIVE ways to deal with champs like Singed and Garen, these nerfs help that. Particularly the Garen nerfs. The cooldown nerfs don't really diminish his performance, they just encourage Garen players to have to think about when they use their skills a tiny bit more than they currently have to.

All in all, Champs like Singed an Garen are seen by a large majority as no-skill champions. So improving counter-play makes these champs more difficult to play without removing so much of the power they hold in game. I'd bet the better Garen and Singed played barely felt these nerfs....
U made a good point about Garen. But singed was already weak and open for really strong counter picks early game. Now his late game is kinda screwed too if u don't get tenacity. For singed you have to buy tier 2 boots early game or u ll die from ganks, so u kinda have to buy mercs first instead of building rod or something important. So your late game comes really late and u will never get a kill outplaying your opponent thanks to the fling nerf. So u pretty much have to cross your finger that other lanes dont fuk up and carry u the first 30 mins.

DesertFox

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusaldor View Post
I don't understand whats wrong with riot... They will keep one champ kinda overpowered for months then suddenly make a nerf so great that the champion isn't playable anymore. For example Taric, Garen, Singed were kinda op for months and now they are totally "under" powered. I know some people would disagree (I know u guys r the same bunch of ppl who think alister, olaf r still op this season. You guys didn't ban shen when he was really overpowered, but now u ban him on regular basis even tho he is not that op anymore. You guys take like 2-3 months to understand stuff, so please don't type ur bullshiit here.Thank you).

But honestly don't you guys think singed nerf was a little too much? He was already really weak early game and really weak vs counters (teemo, kayle). Now he's more like Master Yi..stun him once or twice and hes dead. After Gold Singed (or Garen) can't really win any game at all (other than being carried by some other lane)

Your thoughts please...
Childish rant. Keep saying "you guys", as if we're all a bunch of ******* and you're in Challenger I, teaching scrubs how to play? STFU. You're new to this game. You don't deserve to talk sh*t. At all. We don't think Olaf/Alistar is OP, dumb****. Olaf's win rate is 40% (lower than karma) and Ali's 46%. Both are horrid. AND no, all the nerfs and buffs so far are not too much nor too little. Don't like it? GTFO

Arcticfury

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcster View Post
Taric is bad now. I've been playing him in mulitple games and now he's bad. Its like enemies have 21 tenacity that reduces by 7 tenacity every rank of dazzle not including the first rank. Now his W has its damage taken away. Its not the passive change that nerfed him its the most recent dazzle and shatter nerfs that have made him bad.
He gets better late game dazzle but the first 3 levels are lowered, and the new passive balances the nerf to shatter. He is still better off than he was 3 months ago.

Zeusaldor

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
Childish rant. Keep saying "you guys", as if we're all a bunch of ******* and you're in Challenger I, teaching scrubs how to play? STFU. You're new to this game. You don't deserve to talk sh*t. At all. We don't think Olaf/Alistar is OP, dumb****. Olaf's win rate is 40% (lower than karma) and Ali's 46%. Both are horrid. AND no, all the nerfs and buffs so far are not too much nor too little. Don't like it? GTFO
Bro you know the first secret of getting out of elo hell?
Do not rage and be positive all the time and definitely not use profanity.
I don't think u r leaving elo hell any time soon

Oz SammyD X

03-23-2013

Riot need to put the nerf bat away they have nerfed way way to many champions and some for the stupidest reasons, most were CLEARLY because of bronze/silver division scrubs complaining.

-Darius
-Rengar
-Singed

Three good examples of champions that were nerfed because of low Elo QQ'ers.