Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hi I am new.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ÆcookieÆ

03-23-2013

I don't see much rengars these days

Barcster

03-23-2013

Quote:
ÆcookieÆ:
I was wondering what good champions are there that are very good junglers.

If you are a new player don't try and jungle. I suggest someone like Nunu or Garren. If you are new to jungling that's different.

ÆcookieÆ

03-23-2013

I want to jungle, I know how to play but kind of new at the same time. Nunu and Garen are no fun after a while. Garen sits in brush Q W E R

I want to try a different game style

Onimus Terlain

03-23-2013

Quote:
AWildRaticate:
I prefer Vi mid, tbh. She can get incredibly fed off of the squishy AP casters then go ganking wherever she wants. She doesn't get as strong by farming jungle.

My fave junglers are Nautilus, Sejuani, Volibear, and Poppy. Definitely wouldn't suggest trying Poppy until you get to 30, though. The other 3 are resilient with very strong ganks, so you may be able to run them at lvl 15. All 3 are a bit slow early, but trade speed for gank strength.

My favorite is Nautilus too!

*high five*

After level 2 or 3 in his W, he takes no damage in the jungle at all.

Barcster

03-23-2013

Quote:
ÆcookieÆ:
I want to jungle, I know how to play but kind of new at the same time. Nunu and Garen are no fun after a while. Garen sits in brush Q W E R

I want to try a different game style

Oh you aren't completely new to the game. Xin Zhao seemed like a good choice when I see people using him. I know he's not listed as being a jungle champion but I've seen him do quite well using audacious charge to catch up on fleeing opponents. Nasus can work as a jungler.

imNotloc

03-23-2013

Quote:
CerealBoxOfDoom:
ahri is the hottest jungler in the game!
Just put one of her less important teammates in front her to take all the damage. Dont worry everyone will want to help ahri jungle xD cuz she's ahri and being a walking punching bag for ahri is 100% viable

no bias whatsoever
/ahri fancult banner

if you want to solojungle though,

vi, nasus, and jarvan are kinda hot right now
the new udyr is currently the dark horse
old favorites are lee sin, nocturne, and maokai.

There are many others.

why do you like ahri so much I'm curious and please give me a legitimate reason. "Cause she's ahri" is not considered legitimate

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-23-2013

Quote:
imNotloc:
why do you like ahri so much I'm curious and please give me a legitimate reason. "Cause she's ahri" is not considered legitimate

ಠ_ಠ well you see...

Lithium has three protons and an electron configuration of 1s22s1. The electron in the 2s orbital is shielded from the full attraction of the protons by the electrons of the 1s orbital (Figure 1). Thus, Z* felt by the 2s electron should be one rather than three. However, lithium's 2s electron does not behave as if it is experiencing exactly a +1 charge (Z* is actually about 1.3 charge units). This can be explained by the fact that the 2s orbital has two maxima in its radial probability function (Figure 1), and the lesser maxima penetrates within the maximum of the inner 1s electron. Although lithium's 2s electron spends most of its time in the outer lobe of that orbital feeling a nuclear charge of +1, some of the time it is inside the 1s orbital experiencing the full nuclear charge of +3. Thus, Z* is somewhat greater than +1.

In otherwords...
The relational interpretation makes no fundamental distinction between the human experimenter, the cat, or the apparatus, or between animate and inanimate systems; all are quantum systems governed by the same rules of wavefunction evolution, and all may be considered "observers." But the relational interpretation allows that different observers can give different accounts of the same series of events, depending on the information they have about the system.[11] The cat can be considered an observer of the apparatus; meanwhile, the experimenter can be considered another observer of the system in the box (the cat plus the apparatus). Before the box is opened, the cat, by nature of it being alive or dead, has information about the state of the apparatus (the atom has either decayed or not decayed); but the experimenter does not have information about the state of the box contents. In this way, the two observers simultaneously have different accounts of the situation: To the cat, the wavefunction of the apparatus has appeared to "collapse"; to the experimenter, the contents of the box appear to be in superposition. Not until the box is opened, and both observers have the same information about what happened, do both system states appear to "collapse" into the same definite result, a cat that is either alive or dead. You see in the Standard Model, gauge bosons are defined as force carriers that mediate the strong, weak, and electromagnetic fundamental interactions.

Interactions in physics are the ways that particles influence other particles. At a macroscopic level, electromagnetism allows particles to interact with one another via electric and magnetic fields, and gravitation allows particles with mass to attract one another in accordance with Einstein's theory of general relativity. The Standard Model explains such forces as resulting from matter particles exchanging other particles, known as force mediating particles (strictly speaking, this is only so if interpreting literally what is actually an approximation method known as perturbation theory)

Which brings me back to the cat

Hempel describes the paradox in terms of the hypothesis:
(1) All cats are black.
In strict logical terms, via contraposition, this statement is equivalent to:
(2) Everything that is not black is not a cat.
It should be clear that in all circumstances where (2) is true, (1) is also true; and likewise, in all circumstances where (2) is false (i.e. if a world is imagined in which something that was not black, yet was a cat, existed), (1) is also false. This establishes logical equivalence.

Given a general statement such as all cats are black, a form of the same statement that refers to a specific observable instance of the general class would typically be considered to constitute evidence for that general statement. For example,
(3) Nevermore, my pet cat, is black.
is evidence supporting the hypothesis that all cats are black.

The paradox arises when this same process is applied to statement (2). On sighting a green apple, one can observe:
(4) This green (and thus not black) thing is an apple (and thus not a cat).
By the same reasoning, this statement is evidence that (2) everything that is not black is not a cat. But since (as above) this statement is logically equivalent to (1) all cats are black, it follows that the sight of a green apple is evidence supporting the notion that all cats are black. This conclusion seems paradoxical, because it implies that information has been gained about cats by looking at an apple.

Therefore, Ahri should be loved FOR ALL THE REASONS

Tl;DR
Ahri as veristile, Ahri has many strategies at her disposal regardless of the meta
Ahri is strong
Ahri scales with summoner skill and is viable at every level of gameplay
Ahri has great splash art
Ahri has a great character model
Ahri has a great voice and boobs
Ahri is highly unique
Ahri can abuse a large variety of items
None of Ahri's weaknesses can be exploited to the fact that she can be completely shut down by any currently existing champ
Ahri has a great dance that refers to a group I like and a nice song
Ahri synergizes with alot of other champs including junglers
Ahri is 1 of the 4 mageassassins and is not subject to the weaknessess of other assassin types and her strengths are (again) unique from from all the others.
Ahri has a strong positioning ability combined with skillshots. A very fun combination and also something that can make for amazing plays, the kind you remember for a long time.
Ahri is not a right click champ, she is somewhat complex and fun to learn
Ahri has an AoE truedamage nontargeted spammable true damage ability that can proc spellvamp.
Ahri has built in sustain

still TL;DR
There are many, many reasons to play ahri. Its easier to ask about something more specific

still still TL;DR
She was the first champ I got with IP and mained. I have not actually "needed" any other champ. If I didnt like to think I was prepared for bans or fit into peoples teams I'd probably only have 1 or 2 champs for each role right now. I've spent thousands upon thousands of IP on runes for ahri, she's strong enough that she isnt dependant on an exceptional earlygame and thus she has the flexibilty to take advantage of varius runepage and mastery setups and builds.

last TL;DR was too long???
read the first part or the first TL;DR... yes, you will read it and you will ****ing like it!

Ur210

03-23-2013

Tier 1 Jungers:
Jarvan, Vi, Amumu, Xin, Hecarim

ÆcookieÆ

03-24-2013

Now i am deciding between Vi and Hecarim..